Disappointed - But Optimistic!

• Thread starter Chad151515
  • 250 comments
Shift protection thing sums the game up really - they introduce it in a patch to fix other things but it itself doesn't work properly and is going to be addressed in a future patch - why introduce it when it's not ready!?

Maybe SMS are trying to run before they can walk but I'm only sad that this game has well and truly not lived up to expectations.

Might just be my own opinion but go see for yourself the reviews on Amazon for the game - they tell you everything.

Could be worse... could be GTSport

Gran turismo to me is like a once great band now trotting out crap albums living off its past glories - would rather it stopped and left us with the memories!

Meanwhile, hardly anyone is complaining about GTsport since its release. Seen very positive reviews thus far. Ironic isn't it?

Meanwhile, hardly anyone is complaining about GTsport since its release. Seen very positive reviews thus far. Ironic isn't it?
Are you serious

Link one
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252646164&postcount=2278 US Amazon
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php? p=252647265&postcount=2282 Amazon Germany and Italy
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252647913&postcount=2287 Amazon Japan

metacritic Metascore @ 75
User Score 6.0

Yeah everybody is pretty happy with GTS

Reviews by media who play game for little more than an hour hold little merit compared to those who have paid money and played for hours

ok? I don't really care about the developers motives or goals as a driver? do you? I care about my experience with their SIMULATOR... something GTS is not...

You get the game you want. The devs do what they intend.

GT Sport is not meant to be a sim. Don't judge it as one. It does exactly as intended - to be car p0rn.

PC2 is meant to be a sim. On PS4 they have failed pretty badly. It needed months more work to get right (in fact my suspicion is, it was never written for PS4 at all and was simply ported across from the PC in a rush, hence all the problems)

I don't really care if GT sport is fantastic or garbage in a way.

What I care about is that I utterly fell in love with Pcars 1 and it pains me to admit that number 2 has been somewhat of a letdown - it may still be great but there are things that patches won't fix like the unimaginative career mode and lack of custom championships which mean that it feels like it's been a massive missed opportunity

Are you serious

Link one
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252646164&postcount=2278 US Amazon
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php? p=252647265&postcount=2282 Amazon Germany and Italy
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252647913&postcount=2287 Amazon Japan

metacritic Metascore @ 75
User Score 6.0

Yeah everybody is pretty happy with GTS

Yup. Serious. Just check out the GTsport forum section. No set of the multitude of bugs and frustration that the vast majority of Pcars2 users have or had been experiencing since release. You probably haven't been following the GTsport forum on this site.

On PS4 here. I was pretty hard on SMS and PCars 2 prior to the 2.0 patch. The frustration level rendered it unplayable for me. Since the 2.0 patch I've enjoyed several hours of racing. I'm still looking forward to some fixes, but I've been able to navigate around the pending issues and still have a lot of fun. I think we'll get "there" pretty soon.

Yup. Serious. Just check out the GTsport forum section. No set of the multitude of bugs and frustration that the vast majority of Pcars2 users have or had been experiencing since release. You probably haven't been following the GTsport forum on this site.
I check out the GTS forums everyday, but i also check out other sites as well (NeoGaf) (Amazon)

And i yet to encounter a bug in pcars 2 that has stop me from enjoying the game and driving my beloved P1 GTR.:D

Last edited:
Seems like there is plenty. Eleven pages already and some I’d call “game breaking”, such as t300 pausing the game while you drive or being unable to save progress if servers go down.

On PS4 here. I was pretty hard on SMS and PCars 2 prior to the 2.0 patch. The frustration level rendered it unplayable for me. Since the 2.0 patch I've enjoyed several hours of racing. I'm still looking forward to some fixes, but I've been able to navigate around the pending issues and still have a lot of fun. I think we'll get "there" pretty soon.

The patch has made it a lot more enjoyable. Still frustrating to have 16 guys in a lobby and 3 lag out every race because the lobbies aren't very good. Lobbies are also freezing between sessions. When you have 20+ guys qualify for a race and then 3 lag out at the start because the lobbies arent very good that's an issue. All in all though happier with this game after the patch.

GT Sport is not meant to be a sim. Don't judge it as one. It does exactly as intended - to be car p0rn.

PC2 is meant to be a sim. On PS4 they have failed pretty badly. It needed months more work to get right (in fact my suspicion is, it was never written for PS4 at all and was simply ported across from the PC in a rush, hence all the problems)

I recall a certain slogan... "The Real Driving Simulator" ... in fact, I'm pretty sure its plastered right on the front of the game case? doesn't seem to say "The Real Car P0rn" although i didn't read the fine print on the cover.. Also i didn't see the announcement from Polyphony about it not aiming to be simulator anymore and simply focusing on aesthetics. Its my opinion man, I simply believe that it is GTsport that missed the mark, i was hoping for something a little more realistic, and i understand their angle to appeal to the masses, just unfortunate seeing as the online optimization could have been remarkable for league play/expansion etc. However, the game feels like i'm driving with a wet noodle in my hands rather than a wheel, so its just not worth it IMO.

I also don't feel like PC2 was a "let down" ... i do feel like they did miss their marks on a couple of areas, however overall the game is pretty great once you get it set up right (as annoying as it is). FFB took some tweaking, but i know have it where i feel its as close to AC as it is going to get, and the physics are pretty damn good (after 2.0) although yes, glitches and issues are still prevalent (oversteer glitch, DPS). However, these are manageable, as you cant get as immersive as an experience (on console) with any other sim out there, so id say its definitely worth it, again, IMO. On top of that, remember where PC1 was when it was released?? Imagine what PC2 will be like in 6-8 months, i know that's ridiculous as we paid good money for the game now, but hey, optimism is in the thread title. We got what we got, and its really not bad (IMO), so i think we should just continue reporting the issues we have so that they will be resolved and this sim can get to the glory we all want it to be!

Your comparing Ace combat to a Microsoft flight simulator and yes this maybe an exaggeration but I have both, they do not compare as simply as you are trying to infer.

If PCARS2 had as few bugs then the simulator experience would be far superior. As it stands its issues prevent it from reaching its true potential.

The complaints for GTS are there, it all depends if your looking for a game or a simulator.

While there are issues, hardly anyone is complaining about fundamentals in PC2. Same for FM7. Bugs can (and will) be fixed, models need to be fine-tuned after release, but fundamental concepts/architecture require (almost) full rewrites, never going to happen (with any game). Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with GTS as-is, it's just not what a lot of people were expecting. While some of this blame can be shifted on the general public for not looking very well when buying something but Kaz' marketing (this could be called GT7, 85% will be offline) is not exactly what I would call smart.

It's also funny that the same people that were all about the forums/shoutbox when the PC2 bug thread reached double digit pages in the first week when the GTS one is now at 11 pages for a much smaller title. (Not that amount of pages for a bug thread means anything anyway)

I play PC2 on PS4 not even a Pro and besides the remarkable ugly graphics, the game is amazing. Today I was doing some hot laps around Silverstone with a Porsche GT3 RS and was one of the most fun experiences ever you can even feel the differences in surfaces. Live Track 3.0 is probably the best thing that ever happen to a race game. I'm sure that SMS will do more with all the DLCs coming and when the real races begin. This game is the best Sim racer on the planet for sure and no doubt is the best sim racer on PS4.

I also happen to have GTSport which to me looks exactly like an MMO with cars. You race the same race over and over again (Oval GT3) just to boost your millage points to the numbers so you can take all the items from the Millage exchange which changes every week (exclusive cars). This really remainds me of Destiny :)

The racing in PC2 online is great I have some fun races and my rating is C1407 so I'm not fast but still I have videos of some amazing and very close races. I watch and play race games for 20 years now and I have never experienced such a trill from racing as in PC2.

I do understand that most people are spoiled now but the races in PC2 remind me of the best NFS3 and Porsche lan parties that we have though now it's super realistic and to a point where we can probably simulate the full GT3 calendar online with our friends. Only if lobbies could take a 70 people in different car classes then we will have that epic 24 hours of Le Mans online which is a dream to me since the original game with the same title come up.

PC2 has great potential and I hope that SMS will fix all the bugs.

Uh, not really, no. The biggest problem people have is the "always online" nature of GTS, but it's far from the only issue. Take off the rose tinted glasses.

Also, very positive reviews? 75% Metacritic, critically the worst Gran Turismo ever by a substantial margin, and it's "very positive"? Negro, please.

These lobbies get worse everyday. We just had 14 of the 16 drivers freeze in the game. Then one time only 6 of the 16 cars were showing up.

GTSL also ran a test last night with multiple issues... took 4 tries to get everyone into the lobby without disconnections etc... Also, i feel like the lack of ability to invite drivers once the session has started (or a couple mins in) is extremely irritating. If someone is disconnected they must wait for the entire session to end before they can be invited again, and if someone wants to change their car the same result applies... Very inconvenient.

GTSL also ran a test last night with multiple issues... took 4 tries to get everyone into the lobby without disconnections etc... Also, i feel like the lack of ability to invite drivers once the session has started (or a couple mins in) is extremely irritating. If someone is disconnected they must wait for the entire session to end before they can be invited again, and if someone wants to change their car the same result applies... Very inconvenient.
Yup. I'm an old member of SNAIL. GTSport is creating lots of instability issues online; Which is going to be difficult to deal with for the SNAIL league. My point is, I guess any racing game is going to experience difficulties when it comes to heavily loaded lobbies... especially upon release. These problems are not unique to PCars 2.

Back