disappointed with gt5p???

• Thread starter bevo
  • 168 comments

bevo

Premium
GTP_bevofrancis
bevo francis
is anyone else as disappointed as i am with the game. it is way to easy, the races are way to spread out. there's always one car that pulls completely away while the 2nd and 3rd place guys are together miles ahead of everyone else. all you do is chase those 2, pass them and then go on a little and pass the front car. i haven't had a decent race yet. every race has went just like that. so far this is the worst gt i have played. i know it's suppose to be a demo or whatever, but i've spent 600$ in preparation for this game, playseat, g25, shifter holder, plus 40 for the game. demos do not cost 40 bucks they are free. i genuinely feel cheated by pd. i wish they would have held off and released a better version instead of charging people to play this. hopefully there will be tons of patches to fix the mountains of problems with the game. please don't let the full version be like this one. sorry for the rant was just wondering if anyone else feels the same.

You can count me into the disappointed boat

I knew going in there was just 6 tracks and 70 cars and people were calling it a demo.

I didn't expect much, but when I got my hands on the game I got much less than I expected, which is sad.

The single player mode is extremely lacking

Every single race amounts to nothing more than a time trial of some sort. There is no championships full of single races where you accumulate points to decide a champion like in pass GT games. There is only GT4 style driving missions.

Some of these GT4 style driving missions ask you to rush through 15 cars in 1 lap which only encourages aggressive behavior offline AND ONLINE.

The online mode is bare bones. Even the demo of burnout paradise kept track of your stats while playing online in a DEMO. There is no stat tracking online, no private rooms, no way to invite friends, its as basic as it gets.

Driving the cars is more fun and challenging then any GT before it, but whats the fun of driving a beautifully rendered car if there isn't any proper single player or multiplayer races?

I recommend this to diehard GT fans only

You can count me into the disappointed boat
The online mode is bare bones. Even the demo of burnout paradise kept track of your stats while playing online in a DEMO. There is no stat tracking online, no private rooms, no way to invite friends, its as basic as it gets.

Agreed on all counts. The online portion of Prologue comes across as a beta test, with less features and more problems than a lot of betas I've participated in.

Driving the cars is more fun and challenging then any GT before it, but whats the fun of driving a beautifully rendered car if there isn't any proper single player or multiplayer races?

Hot-lapping, and hot-lap leaderboards. And more hot-lapping. It's what I love doing in PC sims, and what I spend a majority of my time doing in Prologue (since December). I'll be playing this until the full GT5 comes out, even it is just me and the track vs. the clock (and a global leaderboard).

THAT is where the insanely deep value is, but it has to be something one enjoys.

The races are anything but easy. Have you raced without all aids, and Professional simulation or whatever it is? It's quite fun and hard!

The races are anything but easy. Have you raced without all aids, and Professional simulation or whatever it is? It's quite fun and hard!

Yes, I have, and there still fairly easy. Not to mention being able to use the GT-R in the majority of the B class races if you choose, no challenge.

And i forgot to mention one thing Bevo, prepare to be hounded by many angry people.

is anyone else as disappointed as i am with the game. it is way to easy, the races are way to spread out.

Easy?! Are you joking?

Did you try "professional" simulation mode? Did you turn off all the AIDS (helpers) like ABS, Traction Control, and stability management?

Did you get gold or silver in every challenge? Did you beat s-10 or s-7?

If it's easy I think you set it on easy.

What's really great about this game are the incredibly detailed car models and the best car handling physics in any console game. The car handling is at the level of many PC sims.

It's only Prologue...it's NOT the full game.

And I don't understand how 6 (x2) and 70 cars aren't enough for some people. So you already mastered all the cars?

I think this is a game for those who like a challenge.

i'm a true and true die-hard fan and after 2 days with the NA version and a month with the japanese version, i'm still playing it everyday. it's not a perfect game but even though forza2 may have deeper gameplay, driving cars in that game doesn't give me the same sensation as any of the GT series do. i can't pin point to what it is but at the end of the day, despite all the shortcomings, with GT5 I have fun and with the other game it's a chore.

all aids off and pro physics on. i haven't beat everything yet. i have one or two races left in the a class, but really, they are very easy. maybe i shouldn't say very east maybe just pretty easy. i have had to restart 3 or 4 races so far before i got gold. it just seams like pd went for good looks instead of any content at all. and really the game doesn't even look that great. i know people are going to disagree with me but really it doesn't look that great. not near what i excepted. don't get me wrong though it is a good driving sim as far as the cars and physics go but the races are junk at best. but in the end i will play this game for countless hours until gt5 comes out, and i have a feeling once it is released i won't have any complaining to do.

@ bevo: It would appear that your "shift" key is broken. :sly:
Please fix it, so that you can separate your posts into defined sentences with a capital letter at the beginning of each, and each time you use "I".

Thanks.

The same also goes for you myke6699.

Seriously.
Improve or be officially warned, it's your choice.
Consult AUP right at the bottom of this screen for more details.

Easy?! Are you joking?

Did you try "professional" simulation mode? Did you turn off all the AIDS (helpers) like ABS, Traction Control, and stability management?

Did you get gold or silver in every challenge? Did you beat s-10 or s-7?

If it's easy I think you set it on easy.

What's really great about this game are the incredibly detailed car models and the best car handling physics in any console game. The car handling is at the level of many PC sims.

It's only Prologue...it's NOT the full game.

And I don't understand how 6 (x2) and 70 cars aren't enough for some people. So you already mastered all the cars?

I think this is a game for those who like a challenge.

I have not finished the game yet, but so far it is just like they are making you go through the motions instead of giving you some good races. And how do you turn off the abs, that is the only thing i haven't turned off. I haven't seen it in any of the menus. I haven't mastered all the cars either, but my point is it seems like you don't have to master any to win.

I don't have it set on easy either. I didn't go out and spend 600$ on the g25, seat, and buttkicker to play the game on the easiest settings.
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this is a bad game. Compared to most other racing games gt5p blows them away. But I just don't think it is up to gt standards.

all aids off and pro physics on. i haven't beat everything yet. i have one or two races left in the a class, but really, they are very easy. maybe i shouldn't say very east maybe just pretty easy. i have had to restart 3 or 4 races so far before i got gold. it just seams like pd went for good looks instead of any content at all. and really the game doesn't even look that great. i know people are going to disagree with me but really it doesn't look that great. not near what i excepted. don't get me wrong though it is a good driving sim as far as the cars and physics go but the races are junk at best. but in the end i will play this game for countless hours until gt5 comes out, and i have a feeling once it is released i won't have any complaining to do.

I've just picked up a F430 and tried that F430 only race about 10x, still no luck. I keep finishing 6th. I find this game very challenging, but yeah I do admit some of the earlier races are very easy like C and some of B class. A Class is pretty difficult...

@ bevo: It would appear that your "shift" key is broken. :sly:
Please fix it, so that you can separate your posts into defined sentences with a capital letter at the beginning of each, and each time you use "I".

Thanks.

The same also goes for you myke6699.

Seriously.
Improve or be officially warned, it's your choice.
Consult AUP right at the bottom of this screen for more details.

it's not because i'm lazy or my shift key is broken; i'm a graphic designer by trade and personally i think by not using uppercase, text and sentences seem more balanced. but if that's not allowed, then i'll go elsewhere.

I have not finished the game yet, but so far it is just like they are making you go through the motions instead of giving you some good races. And how do you turn off the abs, that is the only thing i haven't turned off. I haven't seen it in any of the menus. I haven't mastered all the cars either, but my point is it seems like you don't have to master any to win.

Finish A class. This unlocks quick tune (ability to disable ABS too) and 'S Class'.

it's not because i'm lazy or my shift key is broken; i'm a graphic designer by trade and personally i think by not using uppercase, text and sentences seem more balanced. but if that's not allowed, then i'll go elsewhere.

That's not really what we'd like, :( but since that's what the rules of the site say, and you agreed to abide by them when you registered here, it's your choice. ;)
They're rules that've worked well for over 100,000 members throughout almost a decade of this site being active now, and they're not going to be changed to suit you.

I've just picked up a F430 and tried that F430 only race about 10x, still no luck. I keep finishing 6th. I find this game very challenging, but yeah I do admit some of the earlier races are very easy like C and some of B class. A Class is pretty difficult...

Funny, I did the F430 one lap race in my first try, although I believe it was luck. When I tried redoing it to gain some money, I kept getting second. Actually very similar to the 599 one lap in the S class before the update.
If I had my DFP, it would make it that much easier, but like many of you, I feel a little handicaped using the controller. Still, I golded most all the events in the A, B, and C class first or second try. Couple of the time attacks are giving me some troubles. Running pro physics, no aids.

So far I would say that I am not disappointed. Yes, there are some problems, but hopefully they will all be worked-out for the actual GT5 release. Or, even better, wouldn't it be nice if PD kept updating GT5P and fixing it and/or adding features? I hope they do that and I hope they make some sort of official forum for feedback. We are essentially beta-testers for GT5, and hopefully PD is smart enough to make use of that resource.

There are definitely some things I wish it had, things you would expect in a full game, but that's because I really want GT5 already. As for this demo? Love it! It will be interesting to see what online updated we'll see as GT5 progresses into a full game.

all aids off and pro physics on. i haven't beat everything yet. i have one or two races left in the a class, but really, they are very easy. maybe i shouldn't say very east maybe just pretty easy. i have had to restart 3 or 4 races so far before i got gold.

You got gold in the B-3: Eiger time trial with Evo? I doubt it.
You got gold in the A-3: Eiger BMW M3?

And some of the toughest races are the S-class races.

Also keep in mind that most of the manufacturers have races in he dealers area.

Then there is the drifting.

There is also a lot of fun to be had trying to get close or since your so good beating the top times in the world. At least the top fair times.

There are the online races. They're planning to release an update to enhance online features.

In the fall we'll get an update that may include damage.

Also, did you get the F1 car yet? A good reason to race online is you earn money fast to buy the F1 car.

Funny, I did the F430 one lap race in my first try, although I believe it was luck. When I tried redoing it to gain some money, I kept getting second. Actually very similar to the 599 one lap in the S class before the update.

Actually, come to think about it, I did use standard physics on this one. Remembering the 599 one lapper made me put it in standard before even trying it. Trying to pass 15 cars in one lap with a F430 on S3 tires, no aids and pro physics can be quite difficult.:ouch:

I'm new to the GT series, so rather than say, "I'm disappointed" I'd describe it more as "stunned". I bought a PS3 specifically for Prologue (and Blu-Ray...) and was just expecting more. I guess my expectations come from playing about 200 hours each of Forza 1 and 2 and just hearing all the buzz about the GT series for so long.

I have a Playseat, Buttkicker, 50" Panasonic Plasma and top of the line Onkyo THX sound, so I was pretty excited to get Prologue while waiting for GT:5 and Forza 3, since I burned out on Forza 2 after many months and wanted to try something new. I especially want to try the G25. The Microsoft wheel was OK, but not up the the G25's level.

The things, that didn't disappoint were the demo (it adds some really nice atmosphere, great visuals and music). The demo makes the cars look sexy sitting in driveways, fields etc. Forza didn't have anything like it. It really adds style and atmosphere. The replays are really good (don't watch much, but I see them on the demo) and the support of the G25, which I've decided I need to buy. I'm playing with a controller until my G25 arrives, so I can't say for sure, but the physics seem ok so far.

I've heard a lot of negative about the AI, but it seems fine to me. I spent 99% of my time online with the Forza series, so I'm not the best AI judge, but it seems ok. Drivers do make errors and try to pass inside and outside. Forza's AI didn't seem much better. The graphics aren't quite as impressive as I was expecting, but they are pretty good and better than Forza's by a bit. I was really surprised, that I'm enjoying the heck out of the in car view. I love watching the drivers hands move on the wheel! Hope Forza 3 has that feature.

This is what has me stunned though.

1. Leaderboards - Forza 2 has class leaderboards with up 400,000 people ranked per class per track. You can filter by friends, car, driver aids etc. Prologue has the top 100 by car by track. That's it unless you want to see the top 100 in the world per track. Yikes, I can't compete with my friends unless we're in the top 100. Plus, we have to be driving the exact same car. Stunned this is so bad.

2. Online - No voice chat. No North America vs Europe (I have friends in Europe). No public or private hosted rooms. No way to find friends. Who you race is completely anonymous and random without even voice. Very bizarre and solitary. No host room options to turn off ABS, TCS, STM, set laps, kick players. And the short races with long single file rolling starts... sigh. People in the back are screwed. Lastly, the boost issue of whatever you want to call it is embarrassing. I hope PD doesn't really think online players are that stupid not to notice. Maybe they are, I can't talk to them to verify on my own.

3. Quick Tune system - Most of it is ok, but picking your horsepower and car weight is very arcade like. I know some people didn't like Forza's thousands or part swapping options, but most did, including me. It just seems so bare bones and goofy to pick your horsepower. "ummm Mr. Mechanic, I'd like and extra 23 horsepower... wait, no make it 26 no on second thought how about 356..". Oh, well. I also miss the all the stats, charts, graphs, tire temp stuff for gear heads, but I can live without it in Prologue. I'd like to see more depth in GT 5 though.

4. No ghost mode online - I figured bumper cars could at a minimum be solved by using the ghost option, but there isn't any. Very disappointed.

5. Only 3 quick tunes per car. I had one or more per track in Forza 2 (could add up to 30 or so, especially during testing), so this is pretty basic.

I didn't expect the performance points system would be perfected yet, so it's understandable there are Lotus Elise type problems with Prologue. PD is interested in patching, so maybe they can fix that a bit. The penalty points system and bumper car physics just invite problems online, but a ghost mode could have fixed it but alas, there isn't a ghost mode... As it stands I'm really disappointed in online. Hoping the next patch improves our situation.

I knew it wouldn't have car painting, tournaments (those didn't work out very well for most in Forza 2 anyway) and website integration, so it wasn't unexpected. I'd like to see all of that and clans for GT5, but I don't need it to have fun with Prologue (just fix the damn scoreboards!).

Having said all that, I'm still having fun and don't regret my purchase, but I'm hooked with racing sims, so I'm not the best judge of value. I'm still hoping PD steps up for GT 5. I don't need another 630 cars (I know most here do...), but I need usable game features. After seeing how bare bones Prologue is, I'm a bit worried. It seems PD doesn't really want to add the depth found in Forza 2. They are sooo focused on car models and tracks. I expect Forza 3 to add even more like Car Clubs, weather etc. I hope PD catches up, because I want both franchises to keep one upping each other.

JackB, you have to realize this is a Prologue of the full game. Everything it lacks now will be in the full version and some through updates. :)

Jackb, go to the "GT5P - tuned cars - pics" thread in this forum and look at post #11. Tell me what you think about those graphics, that viper looks amazing. I would post the url, but i'm using my PS3 and it's kinda hard to do that.

Jackb, go to the "GT5P - tuned cars - pics" thread in this forum and look at post #11. Tell me what you think about those graphics, that viper looks amazing. I would post the url, but i'm using my PS3 and it's kinda hard to do that.

I took a look at post 11 and I agree it's a fantastic picture. I probably should have been more specific with my comment about graphics. It wasn't a comparision of the replays or stills (much better looking in Prologue), but the in game graphics. IMO, Prologue graphics are a bit better driving around the track, but not by nearly the same amount as the replays. Replays are cool, but I spend 99% of my time driving on the track, not looking at replays. I have been leaving the demo running though and it's very impressive.

The only thing that is disappointed is the physics when you get off track.

Try to wheel spin on the grass from a stand still, not possible. And in the replays you still hear people shouting, and that stupid horn, tooot tooot toooooot. This is annoying.

It is still too arcadish, there is still no hard core simulation part. Maybe there will be in GT5?

It's still the same physics engine, just an upgrade.

:)

JackB, you have to realize this is a Prologue of the full game. Everything it lacks now will be in the full version and some through updates. :)

Dazzla, I mentioned that I hoped some of this would get fixed in a patch or by GT 5. Having said that, a lot of the missing features were in Forza 1 4 years ago or Toca... I'm just really surprised that Prologue is still such a work in progress at this late date.

Prologue is a terrific game at what it does and PD is ahead in some areas over the competition, but really far behind in others. They won't bother to catch up if they think we're fine without these features.

I'm enjoying Prologue, but I want 2 if not 3 (come on GTR port!) racing sims to play. I'd be happy with 1 great racing sim per year. I'm burned out for the time being on Forza 2 and want something fresh. I play many FPS's, so why not racing sims? I'd enjoy all the console racing sims to be better. GT 4 was released in 2004, so PD has had a ton of time to implement basic online features. Tons of games already have these basic features on both the 360 and the PS3. Look at Resistance. It was a launch game for the PS3 and it had excellent online support.

I know it's a demo/beta or whatever, but still personally I'm not surprised at a smaller amount of cars or tracks, but I am surprised by the lack of so many very basic features.

c and b were indeed easy but A class is actually giving me some trouble,they start you in 16th and 1st place is way ahead of everybody.
dont regret buying it at all but it is lacking some stuff,mainly the online mode problems for me.

definetly not dissapointed though.

Dissapointed? Not at all, I expected what they told me, and that is what I got.

I originally got the japanese version in mid december and have been playing it regularly since (now have the PAL version).

Back