Discontinued Models for `03.

• Thread starter epic
  • 18 comments
United States
Miami
are the prelude and integra now discontinued here?

I checked 4 local honda dealers and not one had a new one in stock.

oh, I wasnt aware of that.

but why those two? they were IMO honda's top selling performance cars for a reasonable price.

Also the RSX is referred to as an Integra in Japan

Well, the G3 Integras had been basically unchanged for eight years. That's twice as long as most Hondas. Honda also wanted to go alphanumeric for all Acura models. :shrug:

If you put an RSX and an Integra side-by-side you can still see the family resemblance. :)

Originally posted by epic
oh, I wasnt aware of that.

but why those two? they were IMO honda's top selling performance cars for a reasonable price.

Also the RSX is referred to as an Integra in Japan

They were Honda's only preformance cars, and I know the RSX is called the Integra in Japan, but I think you're Canadian.

Basically, they were cancelled because they needed to re-design both the Prelude and Integra, and Honda believed the models were too similar to require all that money for two redesigns. So they were just combined.

Originally posted by Hooligan
Forgetting the NSX and S2000 again? ;) :P

The S2000 wasn't being produced at that time... and if you seriously think that the Prelude and Integra are better than the NSX, then you need your head checked. :P

Originally posted by epic
Why would you say such a horrible thing?!

Plus.. all these new cars are getting uglier and uglier:odd:

Because I thought in an earlier post you referred to a Canadian website, plus you use the ` instead of the ' for an apostrophe.

The Blackwood will be discontinued this year, also, after just one year of sales. I saw two, ever, and none from the two states I was living in when they were for sale. These things are going to be rare as hell...

i was wright when i said last year that they would never sell. who is gonna buy a pickup that has less carrying capacity than an SUV because of the power cover on the bed that cannot be removed, easily.

The only reason the RSX isn't called an Integra anymore is simply Honda wanted the Acura line to be all letters and numbers, no more names. Other then that, its the same car, just redesigned.

Back