DLC cars in game, implementation.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 93 comments
  • 8,966 views

Work for it, or pay for it.

  • Damn right I paid for it with real money.

    Votes: 92 41.4%
  • Pay to get to the top, I'd rather still earn them babies.

    Votes: 130 58.6%

  • Total voters
    222

Spagetti69

Is not my real name.
Premium
Messages
10,403
Messages
GTP_Spag69
Messages
spagetti69
Should cars purchased as DLC be automatically added to your Garage?
Or would you rather have to still earn them, with in game credits.


Caused a bit of a stir over on Forza, Just interested in how you guy's would feel.

Just to make it clear I'm talking about general cars not unicorn or prize cars which would have to be earned.
Thanks cracker.
 
Last edited:
Depends on how it's implemented. If it's just a themed pack of cars i'm buying, then i want them in my garage and not just available to buy at the dealers. If the cars come as prizes for new challenges/races, then i'm happy to earn them.
 
The same question is still being asked about the bonus cars for CE/SE.
 
Prologue was probably an indication of how things will work in GT5. So that would mean that they're just made available in the game but you still have to buy them.
 
I really dont understand the oposition against DLC, i think its a wonderfull tool, ill paid for the cars(tracks!!) like i do it before, i love to do!!
 
I would just want them added to my garage right away. Paying real money for them would be the samething as paying in-game credits for them as well, in my opinion. Of course this is all assuming there even is DLC. I think I would rather Polyphony not do any DLC at all and just focus completely on Gran Turismo 6 only so it doesn't take 5+ years to make. With over 1000 cars, I see little reason to add more. At best I would like more of those cars upgraded to premium models.
 
The game itself has a steep enough price, so I'm totally against paying for DLC.
It's not fair when playing online, for example, with a car that your mate can't have because he's short on money, or because Sony doesn't release a PSN for his f#@$%& country.
 
I really dont understand the oposition against DLC, i think its a wonderfull tool, ill paid for the cars(tracks!!) like i do it before, i love to do!!

I have nothing against DLC for this type of game, how would you get next years mode?l etc.

The poll wasn't intended for that but should they or not be put straight into your garage.
There's good arguments for both side's, just thought I'd spark off a conversation other than release dates lol.

Edit* Damn I can see where this is going, If you want to talk about "is DLC worth it" create a thread.
 
I think they should be added to the dealerships for purchase otherwise it can/would upset the balance of the game by possibly giving you one or more overpowered car to early in your career mode.

One of the biggest complaints I have about the Forza DLC system is that they release DLC cars that are overpowered within thier class. If you are like me and like to compete for top leaderboard times thier DLC system forces you to buy the DLC packs to be competive.

For example a while back they released a pack with the Acura TCX in it which went right to the top of the leaderboard right away. I had the #1 time shortly before this car was released but in this car I was a full 2 seconds faster than the previous best car in the class on that track. They have did this with several cars now. the Mosler being the worst. It is a great car but it outclasses the class it is placed in and dominates most tracks in it's class. To me this is just not cool at all. They really need to do something about thier PI system.
 
The cars bought as DLC should not just be added to your garage. When you download them, they should be mixed in with the cars from the same dealer. For example: a new BMW from the DLC would go straight to the BMW dealer in the game. Not your garage. I would still rather pay for them in game and earn them.
 
One of the biggest complaints I have about the Forza DLC system is that they release DLC cars that are overpowered within thier class. If you are like me and like to compete for top leaderboard times thier DLC system forces you to buy the DLC packs to be competive.

This won't be a problem with GT5 because every car and track combination has its own leaderboard.
 
If it's DLC that i have to pay for, then i want them available for nowt. I didn't mind buying the cars in Prologue, but then again the download was free wasn't it?

From what i can make out about Forza's DLC, you only seem to get a dozen or so fairly random cars. I wouldn't want to be doubly paying (once for real and secondly in game) for that amount of content.

I'm hoping that GT5's DLC is either relatively large bundles of 'themed 'new cars/circuits/challenges/missions. Or include some kind of micro managed in-game DLC store where you can individually select what cars etc you want for smaller money transactions, rather than paying more for a larger (Forza3 sized) bundle of stuff, half of which you don't really want.
 
Last edited:
You should earn your cars not getting them with money! It should be about the skills not the money!
 
Woah, Poll is quite close on this. Interesting.
 
As long as in-game economy is not broken as Forza 3's for example - and experience tells us it will not be, toghether with B-Spec mode in the perspective - only true way would be to have to pay for them with in-game credits.
 
I chose "Damn right I paid for it with real money." because I'll spend 90% of my time online rather than career.
 
i wouldnt like to pay for each individual car with real money.

i know its my choice, but i am getting the Signature edition which is £150.

i wouldnt be to happy about spending more money on top of that to gain extra cars.

maybe they could let you d/load the cars for free, but put a high price tag on them ingame so you still have to work to get them..

1 million credits per car maybe ??

as someone else pointed out... it will already ship with 1000 cars... thats a lot

now tracks is a different story, i would gladly pay for tracks especially real world circuits.

to me.. its all very well having 1000 cars, but if you only have a few tracks to run them on things can get boring rather quickly.

the more tracks you have the more variety there is.
 
I have nothing against DLC for this type of game, how would you get next years mode?l etc.

The poll wasn't intended for that but should they or not be put straight into your garage.
There's good arguments for both side's, just thought I'd spark off a conversation other than release dates lol.

Edit* Damn I can see where this is going, If you want to talk about "is DLC worth it" create a thread.

I get the idea(im not best english reader).

If you buy a DLC car they dont put straight into your garage, why? IMO that cars must have the same treatment like the in-game previous cars. I was clear?

I mind, you buy the DLC and also you buy the car with in-game credits.
 
They should be available in arcade mode right away. Probably should be earned in GT mode as long as money isn't all that hard to come by.
 
This won't be a problem with GT5 because every car and track combination has its own leaderboard.
I know GT5P does still waiting to see about GT5. I hope there is more to the leaderboards than what we have in GT5P. I would like to be able to post times while racing and in modified cars not just a stock car in time trial modes.

Aside from the leader boards it is also an issue racing online. The Mosler I mentioned dominates the R2 class on most tracks as well as R3 class on many tracks. If you did not buy the pack then you have a disadvantage.

Either the guys at T10 have not a clue how to set up the cars PI or they are doing this on purpose to increase DLC sales.
 
I'd still rather earn them in GT mode for sure, but arcade mode, possibly have them available once downloaded.
 
Caused a bit of a stir over on Forza, Just interested in how you guy's would feel.
The problem in FM3 isn't you have to buy your cars but some cars are just overly expensive.
 
The problem in FM3 isn't you have to buy your cars but some cars are just overly expensive.
Yes that is an issue as well plus it is not easy to earn money in Forza unless you want to run around one of those stupid benchmark tracks in an R1 half a day.

Some cars in Forza DLCs are over 1 million credits and some in game cars are over 10 million. Plus prize cars are only worth 100 credits and winable only once.
I like the GT4 system much better for prizes and car awards.
 
I really like the 'Theme Pack' idea. And hope that if DLC is implemented, it is done in a thoughtful manner.

I would love to see a late 80's, early 90's DTM pack. BMW's, MERCEDES, AUDI... say 10 cars. When you purchase the DLC, perhaps one of the 10 cars is unlocked and you have to compete on a number of circuits to obtain the remaining cars. New tracks could also be implemented in this way.

For example, it seems Hockenheim is confirmed, but how awesome would be it if with the hypothetical DTM car DLC, you also got the historic Hockenheim Gran Prix circuit (which no longer exists).

I am really hoping the none of this will need to be DLC, and that the cars i love (E30, E36 BWM's, etc) will be included in the game from the start... but, it doesn't seem likely.

Anyway, if you haven't seen this, you need to IMMEDIATELY. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw-AxiVqihM

EDIT: seriously, has anyone seen anything more badass than the E30 drift at 1:01 of that video?
 
I really like the 'Theme Pack' idea. And hope that if DLC is implemented, it is done in a thoughtful manner.

I would love to see a late 80's, early 90's DTM pack. BMW's, MERCEDES, AUDI... say 10 cars. When you purchase the DLC, perhaps one of the 10 cars is unlocked and you have to compete on a number of circuits to obtain the remaining cars. New tracks could also be implemented in this way.

For example, it seems Hockenheim is confirmed, but how awesome would be it if with the hypothetical DTM car DLC, you also got the historic Hockenheim Gran Prix circuit (which no longer exists).

I am really hoping the none of this will need to be DLC, and that the cars i love (E30, E36 BWM's, etc) will be included in the game from the start... but, it doesn't seem likely.


Anyway, if you haven't seen this, you need to IMMEDIATELY. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw-AxiVqihM

EDIT: seriously, has anyone seen anything more badass than the E30 drift at 1:01 of that video?

Thanks for posting, I too love DTM from that era, as my dad owns a 190e 2.5-16, so that era of DTM is important to me, Im really hoping the e30 m3 is in GT5..
 
I'll pay for them twice once with real money and then with credits.
 
Thanks for posting, I too love DTM from that era, as my dad owns a 190e 2.5-16, so that era of DTM is important to me, Im really hoping the e30 m3 is in GT5..

That was the duel, 190E vs E30.

Also, there should be a third option added to the pole:
[Polyphony Digital takes the high ground: DLC is free, and you have to earn & pay for (with credits) the cars that are released]
 
I'd still rather earn them in GT mode for sure, but arcade mode, possibly have them available once downloaded.

This for me. 👍
 
Not gonna pay real money then to have to pay in-game money. If anything Car DLC packs should come with events. You run those events to unlock those cars.
 
Back