DLC cars in game, implementation.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 93 comments
  • 8,966 views

Work for it, or pay for it.

  • Damn right I paid for it with real money.

    Votes: 92 41.4%
  • Pay to get to the top, I'd rather still earn them babies.

    Votes: 130 58.6%

  • Total voters
    222
If I'm gonna buy the car with real money, I'm gonna want to drive it in some form right then and there in the game.

Now, I like the way Forza did it where you unlocked the car in the arcade mode but you didn't receive it in your "career" garage.
 
I'd like either seperate cars that you can buy individually or like the Exotic Pack with NFS Shift with a few cars and a track eith variations or different tracks. Also like Shift they should just go straight to your garage ready to play.
 
If they do any DLC packs and charge for them it would be nice if they were larger packs than what Forza did. Forza was trying to do 1 a month 10 cars roughly $5.00 that is $50 for 100 cars or $500 for 1000 cars. Just a wee bit over priced. Would be nice to get a pack with like 50 assorted cars and a new track in a pack maybe 6 months after the game is released.
 
To me the DLC should only add the cars to the car lots. I doubt they will add too many new events seeing as alot of people already can't finish the games. Also to me GT always was very easy to accumulate credits in so why not pay the fee of being able to drive them in GT Life.

They should automatically be unlocked in arcade though.
 
Another thing is, I hope they don't go the route of prologue in the sense that cars that were added weren't available to race against outside of arcade mode. Those races where you had Corvettes, Vipers, F430 etc along with Imprezas they could have thrown in the California into the mix and take out some of the slower cars
 
They should be available in arcade mode right away. Probably should be earned in GT mode as long as money isn't all that hard to come by.

^^I was going to post just this. 👍

Because if they come as "packs" there may be a couple of cars that I really want and wouldn't mind spending credits on, but there may be that one that I really don't care for and wouldn't want to spend credits on. However, since I paid real money for it, I would still like the opportunity to try it out in Arcade.
 
available to drive in arcade mode but you have to buy it for your garage in career. what would that mean for online racing though? would that mean the stock model would be available to race with?
 
available to drive in arcade mode but you have to buy it for your garage in career. what would that mean for online racing though? would that mean the stock model would be available to race with?

I believe I saw something that mentioned that we couldn't use our imported cars from GT5P or GTPSP in online mode unless we unlocked them in carrer mode. So I would think that anything that is available in Arcade Mode only, will not be able to be used in Online.

Can someone confirm this?
 
I don't mind buying it with credits in career mode even if I payed real money for the DLC pack, as long as it is available straight away in arcade.
 
I paid for content, I didn't pay for the right to unlock content, so obviously I would prefer to have the cars instantly added to the garage.
 
Should cars purchased as DLC be automatically added to your Garage?
Or would you rather have to still earn them, with in game credits.


Caused a bit of a stir over on Forza, Just interested in how you guy's would feel.

Just to make it clear I'm talking about general cars not unicorn or prize cars which would have to be earned.
Thanks cracker.

I don't want the FORZA way. If I paid real money for the cars, why do I then have to spend even more fake money? Once a DLC car is released either let everyone download it and make them pay for it with in game cash(which won't happen cause it won't make sony any $$$) or make us buy the cars in the PSN store and have them in our garage.

You should earn your cars not getting them with money! It should be about the skills not the money!

Sorry to break it to you but some people don't wanna play it that way. In previous GT games there was always a series that netted you big money or a big money car. Do that over an over and amass cash. Plus, you can't usually buy prize cars so that still means you need "skill" to get those.
 
The problem with adding them to the garage directly is that you could start your career mode with one of these DLC cars. Imagion starting with a Porsche GT3 RS and how much that would upset the balance of the game early on.

Of course if you were like 25-50% complete then would not be a big deal to add them to your garage other than the fact that it would give those who buy the DLC an edge over those who do not.
 
The problem with adding them to the garage directly is that you could start your career mode with one of these DLC cars. Imagion starting with a Porsche GT3 RS and how much that would upset the balance of the game early on.

Of course if you were like 25-50% complete then would not be a big deal to add them to your garage other than the fact that it would give those who buy the DLC an edge over those who do not.

Why do you care how others start their career? In previous GT games, you got $100,000 extra just for having a save from the previous game, how is that different? Now you have PRE-ORDER bonus cars that are race cars and are modded even further on top of that. You can;t use those cars in many of the beginner races anyway. Plus, DLC will not be available the day a game comes out. You'll most likely be on your 2nd or 3rd career or you'll be new to the game and likely not a huge GT fan so starting with a leg up is something that would likely appeal to you.
 
It only unbalances the game if you let it. If you get a better car early on you don't have to use it.
 
Yeah, thanks Joey!
 
Im happy to earn all my cars , i will only buy ADD ON cars that have been made outside of release otherwise ill save my moneys for when im 100% game completion
 
I don't really care how anyone starts thier career unless it effects online play then it could be an issue.

Yes any DLC will likely if at all come out after most of us are well into the game so it would be a non factor in early career.
 
How would it make any difference in online play? A faster car isn't going to make you a better driver so if someone new to the game gets something fast, it doesn't mean they are going to own races. It's not like an MMORPG where epic gear is going to put you at some huge advantage.
 
DLC is good to keep the game fresh but if we get lots of cars then I'm not sure where PD would go with GT6 as the cars would be quite similar between the games unless they only release car DLC up to a point then all new cars go into GT6.

Adding them into the dealerships to buy with game credits is a good idea. The online part of the game could be quite mismatched if you have bought DLC cars that are quicker than cars in the game, everyone should have the opportunity to have access to the same cars in my opinion although the pre order stealth cars already go against this.
 
I'd rather earn them, but I doubt there will be any DLC as they said their working on GT6. But I'd prefer DLC over GT6 because whats there to add to GT5, apart from more cars and tracks?
 
How would it make any difference in online play? A faster car isn't going to make you a better driver so if someone new to the game gets something fast, it doesn't mean they are going to own races. It's not like an MMORPG where epic gear is going to put you at some huge advantage.

Agreed, a lot of drivers who play online with like high end cars end up losing because they think they can just grind the walls or cut the grass and still win.
 
Should cars purchased as DLC be automatically added to your Garage?
Yes.

If I pay cash for a download, I want it in my garage. After all, that's why we download in the first place, right? Because we want whatever it is we're downloading?

In a free DLC pack, I will gladly race to earn new cars. As soon as I'm spending cash money, I want my cars up front.
 
I don't think it is to difficult for PD to create an online in game store where you can buy cars from the online store dealerships. For each car you pay a small amount of real money and the in game credits that would be a 'normal' price for buying that car in game. Problem solved if you ask me. Free downloadeble content of car manufacturers to promote their model only the in game credits.
 
I would just want them added to my garage right away. Paying real money for them would be the samething as paying in-game credits for them as well, in my opinion. Of course this is all assuming there even is DLC. I think I would rather Polyphony not do any DLC at all and just focus completely on Gran Turismo 6 only so it doesn't take 5+ years to make. With over 1000 cars, I see little reason to add more. At best I would like more of those cars upgraded to premium models.

They already started on making gt6, and they said already that it won't take as long as gt5 did because they don't have to start from scratch like they had to do for gt5. And who knows, maybe the download could be for free.
 
You should earn your cars not getting them with money! It should be about the skills not the money!

Sadly that is not how real life racing work's, Generally the teams with the biggest budgets are always the front runners.
But yes I would like dlc cars thing's like a ford RS pack or specific cars like the Ariel atom or the Mercedes slr sterling moss edition.
DLC is already in place for the game anyway, how do you expect to get the " free dlc chromeline cars" or the stealth cars. I think these free cars will be available to buy staight away.
 
Buy it since they haven't finished modelling other vehicles for the game.

e.g. Audi R15 TDI plus or the FXX.
 
The problem in FM3 isn't you have to buy your cars but some cars are just overly expensive.

Like the Ferrari P4 that cost (could be wrong) some 20,000,000Cr?:scared:
 
Well I don't mind having to use in game credits to purchase cars from a DLC pack, just as long as they aren't ridiculously expensive as in FM3, who the hell has 11 million credits laying around for some stupid car that handles like a pig on ice.

Stealth cars and Chrome line cars will be straight to your garage just like the PSP version did. Yes I own the PSP version of GT, it's very nice but stinks with no analogue braking and accelerating, cleaner than GT4 though.

In fact if PD just had an online store that had new cars you could buy the one's you wanted, or try before you buy. Just don't make it as over priced as FM3, car packs with one or two cars worth buying in game or real life.
 
I'd like to have to pay for them in GT Mode, but it would be cool to be able to race them right away in Arcade mode.
 
I'd like it the way Prologue did it. Or at least that style anyway.

Of adding cars via update, but still having to earn or purchase them ingame.
 
Back