DLC release discussion (Some note in first post)

• Thread starter TCSdisable
  • 1,033 comments
Why do I get the feeling that some of you are not quite telling the truth?

So how many of these so called 2nd accounts are also tied to another PS3 as a primary, using the old trick of buying DLC on account not used, seeing that DLC on your own primary, then your friend can log on later on their PS3, goto their history and see the DLC you brought and download it.

2 PS3's, 2 different users, 1 DLC purchase serves both.

The really funny thing is I bet if you are one of the people doing that, you still have the nerve to class yourself as being "ripped off"

If thats the case, I have zero sympathy .

wahh.jpg

Re-post

What a pointless direction this thread went. I'm pretty sure 65.8% of the complaints have been covered by now, at least, 3 times each.

Wow, I was right in regard of being able to upgrade the DLC cars. According to another thread, you can put engine tuning stage 3 on the Miata TC. I'm pretty sure the same applies to the other cars as well.

So now if I want to have stock AND fully upgraded TCs, I have to buy the DLC twice. Way to go PD/Sony/whoever is responsible. :ouch:

And then, probably not...
Because you cannot "install" it again thru the DLC-button... It will state "Is already installed".. :(

I live in Singapore and my copy of GT5 is r2 EU. After reading all the replies in this thread, I think I shall wait for updates before purchasing the DLC. I am willing to pay for the DLC but there is no way I can get the DLC to work!!! :grumpy:

PD will have to fix it though.:dopey:

Not moaning, but disappointed how things turned out. But not being a drama queen about it...

Some people are going a bit OTT about it but I don't know why anyone is even attempting to defend PD.

So how many of these so called 2nd accounts are also tied to another PS3 as a primary, using the old trick of buying DLC on account not used, seeing that DLC on your own primary, then your friend can log on later on their PS3, goto their history and see the DLC you brought and download it.

The really funny thing is I bet if you are one of the people doing that, you still have the nerve to class yourself as being "ripped off"

I didn't even know that was possible. Maybe you have done that before, but people here are experiencing very different issues.

What a pointless direction this thread went. I'm pretty sure 65.8% of the complaints have been covered by now, at least, 3 times each.

Agreed. It's just too much. And those "on gran turismo and I" pics; the first ones were funny, but now they're getting old fast.

I saw the DLC today and I'm not even going to consider buying it. The cars are useless RM models of what we already have, the tracks arent that good, the racing suits are useless and you can only use the paint items once. Its way over priced.

Calamar
I didn't even know that was possible. Maybe you have done that before, but people here are experiencing very different issues.
Because it isnt, that guy is just making stuff up to defend this horrible marketing move from PD.

*Possible Spoiler*

I now have the DLC and love it! Can't tell much difference between the X2010 and X2011 apart from the rear wing adding slightly more rear downforce resulting in slightly better cornering. My X2010s have 1556 hp after oil changes while the X2011 has 1588 hp after the first 20 km and first oil change. So not really that much difference but still an epic car.

The other cars I havent yet driven all of them but I've driven the R33 and R34 Skylines, and the Dodge Charger. All are pretty good cars and I think any JDM fan will instantly fall in love with the R33. I haven't driven anything else yet but I wont spoil too much for those that don't yet have it or Americans that have to wait another week.

That said however, the extra week of waiting will be well worth it.

Interesting, thanks. :D:tup:

Could you test out the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Touring Car & post some specs?

The stock one is already a track king, so I assume this one is a blast. :dopey:

Looking at the way the DLC is implemented, I think we'll have to re-purchase the DLC in case the save file gets corrupted.

Let us focus on the important aspects of this DLC controversy.

DLC for GT5? Yes that is a great thing, I love it and have been looking forward to it.

DLC that is not only just account specific, but also would not work even when buying it using the main account with GT5 save because the game disc is from a different region?

This has...to my knowledge, never happened with any other PS3 software and DLC. It's a completely new thing and every GT5 owner who is facing this issue has every right to be mad at PD.

I can live without SPA ,cause it is possible to play it online .But I was waiting for DLC cars for so long and chrome paint is so hard to get !! WHY can't I just send all dlc items to my gt5 account ?

I can live without SPA ,cause it is possible to play it online .But I was waiting for DLC cars for so long and chrome paint is so hard to get !! WHY can't I just send all dlc items to my gt5 account ?

The DLC cars arent anything special... the GTR that came with spec II is far more interesting IMO... and Ive tryed them all... except the karts

KAZMADSCREEN.jpg

Ok that's my last one, just had to vent for a bit. I do think that this has been handled really poorly. I'm not saying that I'm gonna stop playing it, but I will think twice before buying anything again.

Sure some people do that yeah. But for my situation I have two ps3's. One the kids use tied to the main tv and mine at my desk with my wheel all setup. I bought the DLC initially on my kids account as that's where I put any games suitable for family. Then I booted GT5 in my account and had to buy the DLC again. Had the store stated it was account locked I'd have just switched there and then and bought it on my racing account. Sadly the release relating to that aspect wasn't put out until a couple of hours after the UK store was updated.

I don't buy two disc to play on two accounts on one ps3 and don't expect to buy DLC twice either. I've never had to before so this is a new one on me.

Having said that, the DLC is stunning, I've never seen SPA looking so good in a game before. It's worth every penny (once) in my book. The kart arena is also excellent and I can see it being a lot of fun!

A pity there was a slip up in full disclosure of restrictions about use of the DLC as it has now sadly marred what should have been a 100% positive DLC release and great exposure for the game.

Has anyone tried sharing the DLC cars? I posted in Amar's thread that it might be possible to dupe them with the borrow glitch, but then I realised the cars aren't on the 1.0 disc version, so it might not recognise them at all.

Back