|[DMANproductions]| .:Update 11-15-06:. [TVR t350c, Wheel Focus]

Ok, small random update (click to enlarge all the preview sized-pics):

^ More of the Bimmer soon. (Z4 M-Roadster - look closely) ^

Some George V action:

^ :dopey: Custom Backfires :dopey: ^

IMG0253.jpg

A little Motorcycle action:

^ Curved Blur :D ^

Fantastic update mate,, I love how all pics are looking nice and clean,, And the blurring is top notch.. I love the Z4 Rims mate:tup: Fantastic work:D

I see you're experimenting with the "pimp rims" again. Also noticed you enlarged the size and did a nice job of angled blur on them. Kinda wish you'd used more conventional rims for it, but it's a good job nonetheless. Love the last TT pic, too :)

That Z4 pic is looking great 👍

Thanks!

Fantastic update mate,, I love how all pics are looking nice and clean,, And the blurring is top notch.. I love the Z4 Rims mate:tup: Fantastic work:D

Thank you - I spent the most time on the z4 pic.

Amazign shots man! Great blur effects 👍

Salu2.alexwrc

Thanks - I've been experimenting with various blur techniques and finally found one that works.

I see you're experimenting with the "pimp rims" again. Also noticed you enlarged the size and did a nice job of angled blur on them. Kinda wish you'd used more conventional rims for it, but it's a good job nonetheless. Love the last TT pic, too :)

HAHA, actually they aren't enlarged - they're just HUGE when paired with racing tires. I'm not really experimenting with them - i just thought they look pretty good at motegi. The rest of the z4 update will have normal M3 rims (i think thats what they are, anyway) to go with the M-Roadster theme.

damn, the wheels on the bimmer look very awesome, the whole shot is nice, but blurry in full size....i love the custom backfire shots and the TT shots also look very awesome!

Can't wait to see more M roadster man 👍
the one you have done is very nice despite a bit blurry at the front and back
the trial celica simply your another best work
and I also like the TT's stoppie shot
that's my favorite composition style for widescreen shot

Thanks, thanks and thanks!

I forgot to add a bit of texture to the blur before i blurred the stoppie shot - oh well it doesn't look bad. haha

I'm going out of town this weekend so don't expect the Z4 update terribly soon.

Well, I haven't had time for a z4 update, but I did do a tutorial on zoom blurring... Let me know what you think.

dmanbluesfreak
This tutorial is intended to aid in creating zoom blurs that land specifically on the vanishing piont of a picture, in Photoshop (Photoshop CS2 was used for the Tutorial, but it should work with CS, 7.0, and other similar programs).

1. First, start with a base picture in photoshop:
Step1.jpg

2. Now, extract the car by selecting around it carefully (use the polygonal lasso tool and make many clicks). Then copy it to a new layer.
Step2.jpg

3. Now, create a new layer (blank) and draw lines that coincide with straight lines in the picture. Sometimes it is not so easy, so use the sides of the road as a reference.
Step3.jpg

4. At the vanishing point (the point where all the lines converge)create one vertical guide and one horizontal guide. You may now dispose or hide the layer with the lines you drew. Also, make 2 copies of the background layer so you can create the blurs.
Step4.jpg

5-6. Now, select one section of the picture, separated by the guides, and create a radial zoom blur. Make sure to move the zoom to the vanishing point (the point where the guides cross) in the selected area. The second picture may help explain better if you are confused. Do this in each section, except the section that the car occupies.
Step5.jpg

Step6.jpg

7. Now, make 3 to 5 copies of the section the car occupies, these will be used later to create a seamless blur between the road and car.
Step7.jpg

8. On the top layer (well the top of layers only including the car's section) make the blur the same amount as all the other sections. As you go down, make the blur amount less, and less to create a seamless blur. Here are the blur amounts that I used on each layer:
Step8.jpg

9. Now, just make sure to blur (motion works well) the reflections on the car, and you're good to go.
Step9.jpg

10. Finally, merge all the layers (except the red lines layer - which you can delete now) so you can edit the brightness/contrast, hue/saturation, and levels, or whatever you want to do, that you would normally do to a photo. Here's my final product.
StepFinal.jpg

Quoted from GT Tuning Garage, Tutorial by yours truly. Do not reproduce without my permission, please.

Nice guide, anyway I try your guide out in the next 1-3 weekends time, since I am going to be busy with other stuff, before then.

Very very nice tutorial! I love the details of surface blur or different values for each selection wich I've never noticed myself. I usually applied a constant radial blur in only one step, but your method y really better 👍

Salu2.alexwrc

Fantastic mate,, That tutorial is clear and greatly done:tup: The part with the reflecitions is something new,, I never did that:) Great:D

One question. The highest value of motion blur should be in the nearest quarter of the image, I think :). Near > forced perspective. Far > wider perspective.

Salu2.alexwrc

Back