Do cops have ?? in gta5

United States
Heaven
Just wondering do cops in this game have AI? or are they just program to keep on coming even after you kill 10.000 of them?? did a 2 hour shootout in god mode and they just kept on coming repeating the same actions over and over which just let to easy kills.

Stupid monkey see stupid monkey does
is the best way to describe it.

AI stands for Artificial Intelligence. I question whether this is the case for GTA's police, though I guess that would make them realistic to real American Police.

They have artificial intelligence, but the "intelligent" part is questionable.

They will always find you, no matter where you go (Unless you're hiding in the subways or inside the Mile High Club). Escaping a four-star wanted level and above via helicopter is next to impossible, since police helicopters spawn in front of you, facing you, so you will fly into their field of view. Additionally, the gunners in the helicopters have unfair aiming accuracy. I do not see how they are capable of blowing out a tire on a speeding car as the helicopter is constantly shaking. When police vehicles ram your car after they suddenly gain supercar-like acceleration, the game actually turns your front wheels in a random direction (See video proof below), since R* couldn't be arsed to code the cops to PIT maneuver you at high speed. Finally, shotgun cops are overpowered.

Language warning:

It's kinda hard to call a shotgun overpowered. It's a shotgun.

Just be glad the FIB or Military doesn't chase you in this game.

But the police have an unfair advantage with their aiming.

They will always find you, no matter where you go (Unless you're hiding in the subways or inside the Mile High Club). Escaping a four-star wanted level and above via helicopter is next to impossible, since police helicopters spawn in front of you, facing you, so you will fly into their field of view. Additionally, the gunners in the helicopters have unfair aiming accuracy. I do not see how they are capable of blowing out a tire on a speeding car as the helicopter is constantly shaking. When police vehicles ram your car after they suddenly gain supercar-like acceleration, the game actually turns your front wheels in a random direction (See video proof below), since R* couldn't be arsed to code the cops to PIT maneuver you at high speed. Finally, shotgun cops are overpowered.
To be honest, I haven't noticed any of those glitches. Especially police units (or any other vehicle) suddenly spawning in front of you.

Stupid monkey see stupid monkey does is the best way to describe it.
Try it without using God mode. The tactics are repetitive over the long term, but they can be pretty effective - if you're on a rooftop, they'll drop units on an adjacent building and pin you down with gunfire while ground units get into position. During car chases at night, they'll track you with a spotlight that gives cars a greater cone of vision. And at higher levels, FIB units will move in formation.

To be honest, I haven't noticed any of those glitches. Especially police units (or any other vehicle) suddenly spawning in front of you.

When I robbed convenience stores with friends, I always used a helicopter since it was much faster to escape from the police. That was before we made it to four stars. I could fly at my maximum forward speed, and out of nowhere, the police helicopter spawns facing me. Of course, you can't do anything and you end up flying into it's cone of vision, starting the whole process of trying to get away from them again, then hiding.

When I robbed convenience stores with friends, I always used a helicopter since it was much faster to escape from the police. That was before we made it to four stars. I could fly at my maximum forward speed, and out of nowhere, the police helicopter spawns facing me. Of course, you can't do anything and you end up flying into it's cone of vision, starting the whole process of trying to get away from them again, then hiding.
Well, it is a lot easier for the police to lose track of a car than a helicopter. 💡

Why would you need to be in the air so long? Shouldn't be hard to find a spot to hide.

I sometimes like to preserve my helicopter, and going back to a point I made above, cops still find you if you hide in one spot for 30 seconds, unless it's underground. Then, you're home free.

I found when running from a cop chopper in a chopper, if you stay just out of range of their vision cone, no other cop choppers will spawn. Especially not in front of you. I use that method regularly, and it works on PS3 and 4.

MMX
I found when running from a cop chopper in a chopper, if you stay just out of range of their vision cone, no other cop choppers will spawn. Especially not in front of you. I use that method regularly, and it works on PS3 and 4.

That's when they spawn in front of me. I am out of their range of vision, the radar no longer flashes blue and red, the stars begin to flash, and the pursuing chopper despawns. Moments later as I'm flying along, WHAM! A new helicopter appears directly in front of me.

Don't go forward then. You're gonna run into someone eventually. It just happens to be an LSPD Maverick (or a Buzzard on rare occasions).

Don't go forward then. You're gonna run into someone eventually. It just happens to be an LSPD Maverick (or a Buzzard on rare occasions).

So, just hover as soon as the pursuing Maverick(s) despawns?

That's when they spawn in front of me. I am out of their range of vision, the radar no longer flashes blue and red, the stars begin to flash, and the pursuing chopper despawns. Moments later as I'm flying along, WHAM! A new helicopter appears directly in front of me.

You got to keep the chasing chopper cone showing on your map. That way you can see that you're just out of it, and maintain that distance, until your wanted level goes away. The Buzzard can easily maintain the sweet spot.

MMX
You got to keep the chasing chopper cone showing on your map. That way you can see that you're just out of it, and maintain that distance, until your wanted level goes away. The Buzzard can easily maintain the sweet spot.

But it's also one of the weakest (If not, THE weakest) helicopters, so after a little while of constant gunfire, it's going to start smoking.

But it's also one of the weakest (If not, THE weakest) helicopters, so after a little while of constant gunfire, it's going to start smoking.
I'm just passing on what has worked for me. I've done Docks to Stocks II by myself a buttload of times, and use that method to lose my wanted level. Works every time.

Also, not a good mission for grinding solo, but I just like that mission for some reason. Don't understand why DtS 1 has a 2 player minimum.

Still not a problem that I have encountered.

Speaking of police AI, yesterday I saw a policeman on motorcycle crash into the car in front of it at an intersection. The policeman opened fire at the driver who then attempted to flee the scene, unarmed. He made it to the other end of the intersection before he was killed by the cop. I have to say, that's a pretty severe case of police brutality, especially since the accident was caused by the policeman. All the driver did was to wait for green light :P

Yeah, they're programmed to assume that any collision is an act of aggression. Since they chase other NPCs and get into firefights with them, I guess that they can't distinguish between a genuine accident like that one.

I still think that it's weird when they abandon their vehicle. If you see them involved in a chase and/or fight on the road around the western shore of the Alamo Sea, they will walk away from their cruiser once it's done. It's especially creepy when you wander into it at three in the morning.

Latest Posts

Back