Do PD have a trojan horse inside sabotaging them?

• Thread starter NixxxoN
  • 92 comments
As for the transmission bug, the reason they had to dig around in that is probably because the Alpine VGT has rather extreme gear ratios.
Why would a different set of values mean changing the code? That sounds more like a mistake to me.

Code lines are not independent, they interact with each other. You can get an new bug for an old feature by writing a new code that forgets to take a piece of old code into account.
This.

Or Kaz is secretly working for Turn10.

174482.jpg

To be fair, they don't need to. Bugs are found and reported here pretty quickly, so rather than putting more strain on resources, they can look here and address the problems found.
It's not good business to put out untested updates and let the user base figure out what's wrong. The resources being strained would simply be the lowest paid employee or perhaps even unpaid student interns simply playing the game. It's not exactly rocket surgery.

Because as an IT worker I cant figure out the problem with the bugs.
These bugs that happen here and there are the cause of some code lines that get messed up I suppose.
As far as I know, if you dont do it on purpose, the bugs should not appear for themselves, as they seem to do :boggled:
So I've been thinking that perhaps some people inside PD might be sabotaging them on purpose, I dont see any other explaination.

Please someone elighten me and correct me if I'm wrong...

Bugs don't just happen, you have to do something to make them happen, but that doesn't mean there is someone intentionally sabotaging PD. It's probably someone who was careless and did/changed something he shouldn't have.

Because as an IT worker I cant figure out the problem with the bugs.
These bugs that happen here and there are the cause of some code lines that get messed up I suppose.
As far as I know, if you dont do it on purpose, the bugs should not appear for themselves, as they seem to do :boggled:
So I've been thinking that perhaps some people inside PD might be sabotaging them on purpose, I dont see any other explaination.

Please someone elighten me and correct me if I'm wrong...

There is definitely a problem with PD organizational management, code control (quality control), etc.

Because if we find bugs in minutes/days or week at most, then how can those beta testers not find the same way or not find them at all?

Sometimes is just seems so odd...

YZF
There is definitely a problem with PD organizational management, code control (quality control), etc.

Because if we find bugs in minutes/days or week at most, then how can those beta testers not find the same way or not find them at all?

Sometimes is just seems so odd...
Well keep in mind that there are thousands of members here where PD would have less than 100 people doing any testing in house. Also keep in mind they found the B-Spec bug before we did.

These things happen and this most recent bug is the type of bug that is very likely to make it through testing. There simply isn't time to test and retest every single aspect of the game in every single way a user might use it before each update. If they did a full test every time then we would probably still be waiting on 1.04

........My two cents:
People here are forgetting that not only PDI has QA personnel (that's what the "play-testers" are called), but even Sony too. Sony must test each and every update/dlc/ninja update to make sure it doesn't break your console in any way. I got that story off an interview of an indie dev who was venting the fact that Microsoft charged for this QA testing and publishing, thus making it rather costly for a small guys to get going in Live Marketplace. This dev then went onto say Sony didn't charge a dime fot it...
Anyway, I know absolutely nada about coding and programming, so all I can say is.....I hope PDI/Sony can QA GT7 better. Don't wanna buy something that is so good in many places only to make you kill yourself over ONE thing...
*cough Fallout New Vegas cough*.......:ill:

Has anyone sat back and thought about the fact they just released 3 cars, that you can't change the ratios. And the Lexus with its rediculos ratios(1st 13.xxx and the final at 1.xxx.)

Seems rather obvious they did something wrong with the ratio coding.

So with that being said, they probably never bothered to test out Custom Transmissions.

Even though they say that they have to change the coding every time they release a new VGT... someone should have noticed the rediculos ratios, they probably said here's the new cars, they work...

*cough Fallout New Vegas cough*.......:ill:
You should try 3...

not to get too off topic, but that is veeeeery buggy considering that's an actual numerical game rather than Fallout 3.5.

Well keep in mind that there are thousands of members here where PD would have less than 100 people doing any testing in house. Also keep in mind they found the B-Spec bug before we did.

These things happen and this most recent bug is the type of bug that is very likely to make it through testing. There simply isn't time to test and retest every single aspect of the game in every single way a user might use it before each update. If they did a full test every time then we would probably still be waiting on 1.04

Sure, but I found one of the biggest bugs in the game (high speed acceleration and top speed flaw) in the first day of trying the game...

The same with, for example, BMW M5 onboard head-display speedometer bug (calculates km/h as mph and displays inflated km/h numbers). You just take a car and try driving it with onboard camera and it's visible immediatelly.... No need for thousands of testers.

These are absolutely obvious bugs..

Of course there are, this is always the case in such a big piece of software. Not only that but there are always bugs that never get fixed some of which are there on day 1. This is nothing unique to GT or PD.

Personally I do not like the on board camera at all so that doesn't matter to me.

You should try 3...

not to get too off topic, but that is veeeeery buggy considering that's an actual numerical game rather than Fallout 3.5.
..............:lol:
My friend, I also own it. And believe it or not, I've not run into what you'd call a game-breaking bug in FO3. True story. Nooooow back on topic!!

I really can't process the thought behind "it's a virus causing these problems"

They're updating a game that is basically written in ones and zeros and you all are astounded that things screw up when they change that.

I'm usually not to defend PD, but this just happens to 99% of developers with updates. Look at Rockstar with Heists. Cars no longer have deformation with damage.

But saying it's a Trojan Horse is just blatant "PD can do no wrong, it's not their fault" fanboy-ism.

Unlikely. PD is just like any other contemporary game developer who has realized that bugs can always be fixed later on, leaving proper testing in the hands of the consumers. It truly sucks.

Well, Evolution Studios are losing half of the studio's staff because of Sony's restructuring process. If these employees were moved to PD they could help in bug testing and more.

"As an IT worker"..... Whahahaha yeah right, because they know everything about bug fixing. I can't believe someone professional is wondering if there migt be a trojan horse at PD.

Every compagny has bugs in their software/ sites/ applications or product. The more complex the software, the more likely ir is to have bugs. Some are easily fixed, other not so easy and others cause new bugs when solved.

If you're an IT professional I guess you haven't been for a long time

"As an IT worker"..... Whahahaha yeah right, because they know everything about bug fixing. I can't believe someone professional is wondering if there migt be a trojan horse at PD.

Every compagny has bugs in their software/ sites/ applications or product. The more complex the software, the more likely ir is to have bugs. Some are easily fixed, other not so easy and others cause new bugs when solved.

If you're an IT professional I guess you haven't been for a long time
Another BillGatesEsque IT expert from netherlands, impressive.
There must be something amazing going on in that country I suppose.

Back