Do we need new GT league content?

• Thread starter DodgySyrup
  • 74 comments
England
England
Title says it all, what do you all think?

As content to give you something different to do besides multiplayer, and even for those people with no internet access, a lot of people, myself included, like the GT league and other "campaign" related content.

But by now, and certainly for the day one players, it has been completed and there isn't much more to do.

So we had Emerald etc...what about a new challenge with 4 or 5 new mini championships that we can get our teeth into?

Any ideas for a name?

We've had Ruby etc...so the precious gems theme is clearly popular at PD.

What about Diamond?

I'd like a new event, maybe 6 races, for Vision GT, and maybe a new one for the f1 car (Merc or Lotus rip off).

Also a Gr.3 series, and a Go Kart only series, using the shortest tracks like A1 Ring sprint, Tsukuba, possibly that very small heart shaped oval track.

Anyway, does anyone feel we need some new single player, A.I focused racing that offers good credit payouts?

A new challenge and some new championships?

If so, any ideas?

New events won't change anything IMO.
There are enough tracks and cars for a good career mode; they need:
-a much better AI, more challenging;
-championship
-a well balanced in-game economy with car prizes for championships, endurance races;
-standing starts;
-a fully customisable experience for beginners and sim racers (damages on/off, penalty, race length, AI difficulty...).

I'm happy to see new GT league events each month but I hope GT7 will be different...

Need more variety, with bigger money rewards. For example, Gr.4/Gr.3 races in Professional League would be nice. Only Gr.4 races in GT league are in Rookie League and they reward like 17k per race, this is ridiculous. Non-endurance Gr.1 would be good too.

There should be rewards for finishing all races in certain League/Event. For example, for finishing all events in J-Sports Meeting you'd get a random Japanese street car as a reward or even a special vehicle that is unobtainable in Brand Central

And, might just be me, but more Missions would be nice too, with more variety in those (top speed runs/car bowling, all that stuff)

Also, as was mentioned above, PD should definitely introduce Championships (3-5 races in a row with much bigger money rewards)

Need more variety, with bigger money rewards. For example, Gr.4/Gr.3 races in Professional League would be nice. Only Gr.4 races in GT league are in Rookie League and they reward like 17k per race, this is ridiculous. Non-endurance Gr.1 would be good too.

There should be rewards for finishing all races in certain League/Event. For example, for finishing all events in J-Sports Meeting you'd get a random Japanese street car as a reward or even a special vehicle that is unobtainable in Brand Central

And, might just be me, but more Missions would be nice too, with more variety in those (top speed runs/car bowling, all that stuff)

Also, as was mentioned above, PD should definitely introduce Championships (3-5 races in a row with much bigger money rewards)
Prize money for wining credits in GT League, to me PD got the balanced right 👍, so there is no need for bigger payouts.

More events in GT League are always better for the game.

Quality over quantity, IMO.

I can't take any more of "X" car at Lago Maggiore. The lack of variety is killing me.

At this point, the only events they add should be new tracks added to the game.

They have enough tracks that PD could put together championship series for Gr1, 2, 3, and 4 without repeating the tracks we have already raced them on in career mode. Maybe some N-championships too. They need championships with higher payouts and a prize car like earlier GT versions. By my count there are 4ea. $20,000,000 cars and 2ea, $15,000,000 cars. You are not going to buy all of those playing in sport mode in this lifetime and probably not by doing regular career races, only way to get them all is to grind for credits. Or PD can loosen up the slots so to say a little on the daily prize cars. I have had 314 cracks at the prize wheel so far and saw one of the very high end ($15-$20 million) cars show up on the wheel exactly 2 times, those are really bad odds.

There's ~150 individual races so I expect that's not actually bad from Xmas last year.

Some obvious holes in various series like only three races so I expect close to 200 by this Xmas?

I do get that without endurance there's only 3 difficultly levels so I feel a whole new category wouldnt go astray.

I think most people agree it's always better to have more content; that's a given.

I guess the question is what sort of content?

The point raised about credits is important.

Either lower the price of the 20 and 15 million credit cars, or increase the amount of credits given for activities.

Otherwise, what purpose does if it serve to have cars that are so far out of reach for most players?

What is more confusing for me is that they aren't even especially interesting cars, at least to me.

It would make more sense to me if the very fastest, most exclusive cars were the most expensive.

But having relatively slow "classic" cars, that aren't that great as pure race cars, put so far out of reach, seems odd to me.

Yes, there is a way to grind out large amounts of credits; but does PD really think having to replay the same race in the same car over and over and over again, or having to use elastic bands during 12 hour endurance races, is a positive way to earn in game currency?

Put it this way, if we can do the LE Mans 1hr and get 400k for finishing, adding a 24hr should get us 9.6mil. Imagine a clean bonus for 14.4mil. I think people would do that grind. Only thing is, we'd need a Save option.

More new events would be nice. However, there needs to be a more difficult AI level to race against. The AI needs to have more ability and not just be given a larger lead that we have to chase down.

Multi-class racing is a must. PCars2 has a great system that PD could emulate. How there hasn't been a multi-class race at Le Mans is beyond me.

I'd like to see implemented multiclass racing like it is in 6-8 I believe with RSR on Maggiore, just to add UI elements and viola...

Put it this way, if we can do the LE Mans 1hr and get 400k for finishing, adding a 24hr should get us 9.6mil. Imagine a clean bonus for 14.4mil. I think people would do that grind. Only thing is, we'd need a Save option.
...doesn't rest mode do that? Never tried it but, wouldn't pausing the game and putting console into rest do just that...

Last edited:
Yeah that's a no brainer... hell you could have mixed Gr3/Gr4 races AND you could have the same races where you are GT3 on one league and GT4 on another.

Twice the races, half the work, almost.

More? I just go back and beat those races with the weakest cars they'll let me use. Tons of replay-ability in that.

Quality over quantity, we don't need more of the same old thing.

If it was up to me, I would be using GT league as a stepping stone to try and get people into Sport Mode. Structure the Professional part of GT league with championships and the exact same settings as the FIA races. Have championships from Gr4 all the way to Gr1 with faster AI and give some sort of unique gift car for completing each championship.

Keep the super short sprint races with slower AI in Beginner and Amateur where they belong.

Last edited:
I don't think the GT League in GTS can be fixed, I'd say it's a lost cause.
What made the GT League so addictive in the previous GT games:
- Strictly limited races, e.g. races for FR cars from Japan under 300HP made before 2000. Now you can pretty much enter any car into any race (with some limitations)
- Prize cars for completed events that are related to the event (e.g. you would get a FR Japanese car for the previously described event) and would help you progress in the game
- More challenging AI (might have been related to the stricter entry rules as well)
- Inclining rewards for the higher events (the professional and endurance races used to give ridiculously good money) so you would have the feeling of accomplishment, yet you weren't able to enter any of them at the early stages of the game (didn't have a car fast enough, didn't have the needed licenses, couldn't afford the entry fee and then losing it due to a slow car etc)
- Prize cars unobtainable at the Brand Central (and I'm not talking about different colors or some Vision GT cars, but actually great cars you would really benefit from)

All of this slowly started to vanish since GT5. I still have GT2 on my phone and I'm amazed at how challenging yet rewarding it is.

Prize money for wining credits in GT League, to me PD got the balanced right 👍, so there is no need for bigger payouts.

Are you one of the lucky ones who has been gifted all of the 15-20 million credit cars through the prize wheel then...? Because if you ask me the credits are far too hard to come by compared to the prices of the cars.

What is more confusing for me is that they aren't even especially interesting cars, at least to me.

It would make more sense to me if the very fastest, most exclusive cars were the most expensive.

But having relatively slow "classic" cars, that aren't that great as pure race cars, put so far out of reach, seems odd to me.

I don't think the speed is of importance with the value of the cars at all, personally. I really enjoy driving the classics as the handling dynamics are actually very well programmed - IMO.

The Lamborghini Miura is very twitchy and a handful to drive, very much as I'd imagine the real thing would be at the limit. It's never going to beat a McLaren F1 in any sense of the word, but it's not about that...

Last edited by a moderator:
GT League seems like it was put together by a couple of guys with a very casual recollection of what the career mode events of past GT titles were like. The logic just isn't there.

When they add a new track, I swear, it seems as if they add it to half a dozen GT League events. I get they want to utilize the new track, but shoehorning it just makes for a watered down experience.

And look at the rally event: only one of the races is actually on a dirt course.

I don't enjoy racing AI's that much anymore but it definitely feels like very little to no effort was put into GT League, which is a shame because this game has the tools to make a great single player experience. PD should take notes from Project Cars when it comes to single player.

I feel like they made it this way because more depth is too complicated for the super casual players, which also happens to be the vast majority of GT players.

It's a shame seeing games not live up to their potential and only get dumbed-down for these people. But it has been happening across all genres since this generation of consoles came out. PD, Turn 10, Bathesda, DICE, Bungie are all guilty of this. The only dev that improves their games in all areas is Rockstar. GTA5 is still near the top of the sales charts after all these years, I wonder why...

/rant

Last edited:
Are you one of the lucky ones who has been gifted all of the 15-20 million credit cars through the prize wheel then...? Because if you ask me the credits are far too hard to come by compared to the prices of the cars.
I got all the 15-20 million credit cars from winning races :). Getting to 20 million credits in a week is not to hard to do. The Lamborghini Miura is not a handful to drive, it is a lovely car to drive if you put a tune on the car 👍.

Last edited:
I got all the 15-20 million credit cars from winning races :). Getting to 20 million credits in a week is not to hard to do. The Lamborghini Miura is not a handful to drive, it is a lovely car to drive if you put a tune on the car 👍.

I just don't have the time to race that much - And I imagine that involved a lot of repeating the same races (Blue moon?) to achieve. Having to do that means that the economy is not correctly weighted in my opinion.

And yes, the Miura is lovely when tuned, but the principle still stands that the most expensive cars shouldn't necessarily be the fasted ones

Back