Do we need new GT league content?

• Thread starter DodgySyrup
  • 74 comments
Even with the daily roulette, the game isn't all that generous anymore. There are a few ways to improve the in-game economy. Adding more vehicles to the Mileage Exchange shop is one idea. I have maxed out mileage points and nothing to spend them on with the exception of the weekly car paints, many of which are already repeats from past weeks. Bring back prize cars for completing GT League events. Make most prize cars sellable (this would ease the duplicate car problem from the daily roulette). Increase Sport Mode payouts (they're pretty pitiful as-is). I'd also add bonus incentives to winning races to supplement the "clean race" and "car handicap" bonuses. Things like fastest lap, positions gained on the grid, etc. And lastly, since the game has such a heavy online emphasis, why not incorporate an online B/S/T where players can list cars for credits? That would be another way of mitigating garage duplicates.

Last edited:
More events?
- yes, I think there are a lot of possible cool races that could be implemented yet. For example just as somebody said, the Gr4 races shouldn't be a rookie event and only that.

But...

The main concern right now should be about getting a better IA, a better reward system (either gives us cars for completing the events or better Cr. payout), and even the return of the Seasonal Events.

For the time being there is always the Custom Races options for the sake of doing whatever race we want.

Quality over quantity, we don't need more of the same old thing.

If it was up to me, I would be using GT league as a stepping stone to try and get people into Sport Mode. Structure the Professional part of GT league with championships and the exact same settings as the FIA races. Have championships from Gr4 all the way to Gr1 with faster AI and give some sort of unique gift car for completing each championship.

Keep the super short sprint races with slower AI in Beginner and Amateur where they belong.

If they were to to use GT League as a stepping stone to sport mode they would need to reprogram the AI cars with proper racing etiquette. There is no reason that you as the leader should get run over by a lapped car that you have already passed which Im sure has happened to everyone who has spent time grinding at BMB with the X-Bow.

More but needs to be thoughtful and not a mess.
If there is a rookie Gr4 then add a professional and extreme Gr.4. Make more varied races and with thought.

Add championship and improving better AI. I also miss those special event races including wet tracks.

or better Cr. payout
If there were bigger credits payouts, a lot of players would get to buy all they want in a short time, for example cars. PD has got the balanced right for winning or getting credits for GTS, and there is no need to increased prize credits.

More Endurances races needed for GT League, and weather changes would be nice also.[/

I guess the question is what sort of content?

I would want more endurance races.
Gr.4 & N-Class Most definitely. I would also like to see them become longer than an hour. I really miss those long endurance races from the past like the true 24hr events.

I would want more endurance races.
Gr.4 & N-Class Most definitely. I would also like to see them become longer than an hour. I really miss those long endurance races from the past like the true 24hr events.
Absolutely. I found it strange when they were absent in one of the previous games (can’t remember which one). Can anyone think of any con at all in regards to having more endurance events in GT League?

Absolutely. I found it strange when they were absent in one of the previous games (can’t remember which one). Can anyone think of any con at all in regards to having more endurance events in GT League?

Other than not getting any rewards for it's completion I can't think of any. If they did decide to bring back those long endurance races then hopefully a reward would be handed out for that event, say one of the 15 to 20 million credit cars would do nicely.

I'd like to see implemented multiclass racing like it is in 6-8 I believe with RSR on Maggiore, just to add UI elements and viola...

...doesn't rest mode do that? Never tried it but, wouldn't pausing the game and putting console into rest do just that...
Can you still play the rest of the game? Being able to save progress and continue to play other parts of the game, is what I'd like to see.

Would love to be able to save progress mid endurance race and continue another day but that's not something that will happen.

I mean they could even do it via the pitstop... you pit, choose tyre compound and fuel up and then save progress.

Its such a convenient feature it wont happen in any game ever.

Would love to be able to save progress mid endurance race and continue another day but that's not something that will happen.

I mean they could even do it via the pitstop... you pit, choose tyre compound and fuel up and then save progress.

Its such a convenient feature it wont happen in any game ever.
As said above, just use the PS4's Rest Mode...

We do keep getting new GT League content but I wish we had proper championship series and prize cars. GT League just doesn't feel all that substantial.

GT League could have been great, but I'm so tired of starting at the back and chasing down a rubber-banding rabbit.

I'd love to have the additions of qualifying and championships, and AI that is tuned to your own skill level.

I'd rather lose a competitive race than easily win against poor AI. I also don't care to artificially make things more difficult. I just want to pick a car that is appropriate for intentions of the event and go race.

In short no. There just isn't any variety in it. Unlike the missions, I'd love to see more of them.

GT League could have been great, but I'm so tired of starting at the back and chasing down a rubber-banding rabbit.

I'd love to have the additions of qualifying and championships, and AI that is tuned to your own skill level.

I'd rather lose a competitive race than easily win against poor AI. I also don't care to artificially make things more difficult. I just want to pick a car that is appropriate for intentions of the event and go race.
I'd like to k ow why PD hasn't carried over the qualifying option. Such a cool feature in the early GTs.

I'd like to k ow why PD hasn't carried over the qualifying option. Such a cool feature in the early GTs.

Agreed.

Adding qualifying, in fact adding in the more immersive feeling of a whole race weekend, including free practice, qualifying, then maybe a sprint race then a full feature race.

It would certainly add some longevity.

These could all be skipped if the player so desired .

Agreed.

Adding qualifying, in fact adding in the more immersive feeling of a whole race weekend, including free practice, qualifying, then maybe a sprint race then a full feature race.

It would certainly add some longevity.

These could all be skipped if the player so desired .
It would be good to have qualifying, but we may have to wait until GT7 comes out to get that in the game I think.

I have had the latest update and am now playing the GT League and I love it.
Not all of us are gifted so the level of the GT League is ideal for me and as long as they don't make it silly hard they can keep adding to it and I will be happy.
The F1 cars and redbull cars are way to fast for me to control :embarrassed: I did try them at a mates who is GT mad and failed miserably so normal cars driving at normal speed is a Yes from me.

I have had the latest update and am now playing the GT League and I love it.
Not all of us are gifted so the level of the GT League is ideal for me and as long as they don't make it silly hard they can keep adding to it and I will be happy.
The F1 cars and redbull cars are way to fast for me to control :embarrassed: I did try them at a mates who is GT mad and failed miserably so normal cars driving at normal speed is a Yes from me.

The two f1 cars are different beasts, with the older car feeling like it really wants to slide out into overseer as you get into 2rd, 3rd, and may be 4th, and it feels more like you are going sideways at times...but that's just my experience on a pad with TC at 1 or 2 and no other assists.

The new f1 car is great, and has more grip than almost any other car in the game...it's just a total pain at very low speed when turning into tight corners.

I'm saving for the proper, 3 million credit, Red Bull, so can't comment on that; the junior version is quite oversteer prone, but I enjoyed it.

Did you have a similar experience?

The two f1 cars are different beasts, with the older car feeling like it really wants to slide out into overseer as you get into 2rd, 3rd, and may be 4th, and it feels more like you are going sideways at times...but that's just my experience on a pad with TC at 1 or 2 and no other assists.

The new f1 car is great, and has more grip than almost any other car in the game...it's just a total pain at very low speed when turning into tight corners.

I'm saving for the proper, 3 million credit, Red Bull, so can't comment on that; the junior version is quite oversteer prone, but I enjoyed it.

Did you have a similar experience?

I must have tried both F1 cars you mention if there is only two in the game and yes one was better than the other but I couldn't get the first one I tried around a corner without sliding off (it's me not the car) at any kind of speed above 20mph. The other one was silly fast and I kept sliding off so passed the controller over to some one better than me.

The redbull I did try was the junior one I am sure it is in the GT League I found it a bit erratic and soon as I slowed to get around corners I was left for dead by the AI and couldn't catch up so give that race a miss.
I mainly just do time trials in practice on different tracks to pass a few hours with the mazda 787b and I am getting quite good with it.
I enjoy doing the GT League though.

I must have tried both F1 cars you mention if there is only two in the game and yes one was better than the other but I couldn't get the first one I tried around a corner without sliding off (it's me not the car) at any kind of speed above 20mph. The other one was silly fast and I kept sliding off so passed the controller over to some one better than me.

The redbull I did try was the junior one I am sure it is in the GT League I found it a bit erratic and soon as I slowed to get around corners I was left for dead by the AI and couldn't catch up so give that race a miss.
I mainly just do time trials in practice on different tracks to pass a few hours with the mazda 787b and I am getting quite good with it.
I enjoy doing the GT League though.

Yes, the Mercedes F1 car is very, very unstable at low speed and I know exactly what you mean about it spinning as soon as you get turn in at low speed.

The older f1 car, loosely based on the JPS Lotus of Aryton Senna, is a handful but good fun.

I think it's really a case of laps make good...or practice makes perfect.

Yes, the Mercedes F1 car is very, very unstable at low speed and I know exactly what you mean about it spinning as soon as you get turn in at low speed.
Easiest way out of that is to put it into a higher gear. So if at Suzuka at the slow left hand hairpin corner 11- use 3rd gear instead of 1st or 2nd. Problem is the game does give you rear slippage on its own ... at Suzuka my car would loose its tail on the very same numbered lap, I don't think it was me. And the car would run wide with understeer also on another lap every time at the second part of the Spoon curve - corner 14.

I think driving the F1 car at Suzuka is a good earner - not sure if its the best way to earn money?

Under 17 minutes gets you $220,000 I think. So 35 minutes would get you $440,000. An hour and ten minutes $880,000. And when you get in front the 2nd car doesn't really chase you so its possible to relax and drive smoothly. If you slow down a bit the gap remains the same.

Last edited:
Easiest way out of that is to put it into a higher gear. So if at Suzuka at the slow left hand hairpin corner 11- use 3rd gear instead of 1st or 2nd. Problem is the game does give you rear slippage on its own ... at Suzuka my car would loose its tail on the very same numbered lap, I don't think it was me. And the car would run wide with understeer also on another lap every time at the second part of the Spoon curve - corner 14.

I think driving the F1 car at Suzuka is a good earner - not sure if its the best way to earn money?

Under 17 minutes gets you $220,000 I think. So 35 minutes would get you $440,000. An hour and ten minutes $880,000. And when you get in front the 2nd car doesn't really chase you so its possible to relax and drive smoothly. If you slow down a bit the gap remains the same.

You are right that having the f1 car in, at the bare minimum, 3rd gear is essential.

Unfortunately, for me at least, I use automatic and so the gear is selected for me based on my speed.

As it's such a slow corner it invariably selects 2nd gear and thus as soon as I turn in the rear comes around.

I have been able to negate this somewhat, mainly by trying to find a gear ratio that treats 3rd like 2nd in the sense that it makes 2nd so slow that even the tightest chicane or hairpin will not see the car in such a low gear.

It kind of works, but it can mess with your top speed so it's not ideal for the very fast tracks with long straights.

yes give new race I request of variety of it

No demands for a Lada today?

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right that having the f1 car in, at the bare minimum, 3rd gear is essential.

Unfortunately, for me at least, I use automatic and so the gear is selected for me based on my speed.

Super difficult to drive an auto, because the gear change assists in corner entry speed. With the auto, you need to either know or sense your speed. Too difficult for me ...

Latest Posts

Back