Do we need new GT league content?

• Thread starter DodgySyrup
  • 74 comments
More race events will be great. More rally events will be great. PD really needs to add a 'Championship' option.

12hr and 24hr endurance races would be great too, if they add that 'suspend race' option like they did in GT5.

Ive noticed that they havent added karting championships ever since GT League came back in December. No clue whats stopped them but they can easily add those in at least.

Super difficult to drive an auto, because the gear change assists in corner entry speed. With the auto, you need to either know or sense your speed. Too difficult for me ...

I'm very quick using auto, it's just those very slow hairpins and chicanes that require you to turn in at very low speed.

No matter what you do the back end steps round and you spin.

I'm very quick using auto, it's just those very slow hairpins and chicanes that require you to turn in at very low speed.

No matter what you do the back end steps round and you spin.
Yes I can imagine. I guess all you can do is only accelerate when you're in a straight line. I wonder if there is a setup that accommodates auto trannies in slow turns?

When I first started GT, I used an auto, and was told by probably people here (back in GT3 or 4) - about the benefits of manual.

Yes I can imagine. I guess all you can do is only accelerate when you're in a straight line. I wonder if there is a setup that accommodates auto trannies in slow turns?

When I first started GT, I used an auto, and was told by probably people here (back in GT3 or 4) - about the benefits of manual.

I can, and do, use a manual box on other games and even occasionally on GT Sport.

But they are usually in the slower cars and/or on the simpler circuits, such as ovals or ones with a few corners (Brands Indy, that sort of thing).

The f1 car requires so many quick gear changes that it is too easy to make a mistake when it isn't second nature...do you know what I mean?

On Assetto Corsa it has a useful system where it acts like a normal automatic gearbox but allows you to override it with a manual up or downshift whenever you want, simply by hitting the up or down shift button (X and Square on ps4) before the auto box shifts for you.

So if you forget to shift it will do it for you, thus picking up the slack, but you can learn to use the manual box and take advantage of it when you want.

A system like that in GT would be great.

That way you could allow the automatic to do the work when you want, but at those crucial, slow corners, you could override the auto box and select the higher gear (in this case 3rd) to avoid the problems with the f1 car turning into the corner in 1st or 2nd.

What I Want is Simple...: I WANT GT7

Your answer to the question "Do we need new GT league content?" is to say "What i want is simple...I WANT GT7", and you expect a sensible response?

Why not start a thread entitled "I want GT7" and start a discussion?

I can, and do, use a manual box on other games and even occasionally on GT Sport.

The f1 car requires so many quick gear changes that it is too easy to make a mistake when it isn't second nature...do you know what I mean?

Fortunately the motor doesn't blow !!! And the car rarely spins ... but drive a few races with purely manual, and it does become second nature, with a wheel.

Another trick though might be to pump the throttle in those slow corners - maybe worth a try.

Yeh its a shame you cannot override the auto - you can in real automatics. Hopeless that GT doesn't do that, insulting - surely a dead easy piece of coding.

Do we need new GT league content?

Nope...it is perfect as it is, we don't need anything adding. Ok, blue shells. And homing missiles. We can beat Mario Kart and Wipeout to the true crown of ultimate console racer!

On Assetto Corsa it has a useful system where it acts like a normal automatic gearbox but allows you to override it with a manual up or downshift whenever you want, simply by hitting the up or down shift button (X and Square on ps4) before the auto box shifts for you.

So if you forget to shift it will do it for you, thus picking up the slack, but you can learn to use the manual box and take advantage of it when you want.

A system like that in GT would be great.

That way you could allow the automatic to do the work when you want, but at those crucial, slow corners, you could override the auto box and select the higher gear (in this case 3rd) to avoid the problems with the f1 car turning into the corner in 1st or 2nd.

Isn’t that also a system in Project Cars 1 and 2?

Fortunately the motor doesn't blow !!! And the car rarely spins ... but drive a few races with purely manual, and it does become second nature, with a wheel.

Another trick though might be to pump the throttle in those slow corners - maybe worth a try.

Yeh its a shame you cannot override the auto - you can in real automatics. Hopeless that GT doesn't do that, insulting - surely a dead easy piece of coding.

Funny you say that as I do pump the throttle to try and keep the revs high.

Last edited:
For GT League, I'd like:
- No rubberband AI (and better AI in general)
- Grid starts
- Tire wear/fuel consumption in all races regardless of length
- Multi-race championships (allow to save progress after each race)
- 12H/24H endurance races (allow to save progress during pit stops)
- More one-make/one-model races
- Autocross and drift events

I'd live to see the rally events with the staging again. It was cool watching the AI go ahead and me queuing up.

Level 40 pro events.

Qualifying to establish grid position, Standing starts or proper two by two rolling starts depending of series.

Pro IA with NO rubber banding.

Championships held on real world licenced tracks only.

Proper endurance races.

I don't know.

I did have PC, but I sold it ages back and can't honestly remember.

I feel like that was a thing. I did purchase PC1, but haven't touched it for a while. I do agree that something between automatic and manual would be nice. I would like to have some control on downshifting.

Back