Do you actually use Gran Turismo TV?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Normalaatsra
  • 29 comments
  • 2,013 views

Yes or No?


  • Total voters
    90
Messages
1,034
Indonesia
Jakarta
Messages
Normalaatsra
I sometimes access it for some extra videos I can convert to PSP so I can fill it with videos. But I think it's been underused and poorly promoted.
 
Only used it once when my game for some reason or another won't let me access anything else besides the options or this.
 
Here in the US it has not been updated in a super long time and we have the least amount of content regionally
 
No.

It just haven't got my attention.
 
I thought GT-TV has always the same content, world wide?

Anyway, since there is no particular form of 'using' a service that's been like this since 3 years with barely a video added in 3 months at the current rate, I voted for yes, because I downloaded and watched most of the free Gran Turismo stuff, being a GT5 fanboi. But then again I also visit GT Photostream every few days, I guess I'm a bit sick about that... :crazy:
 
No, haven't even used it once.
 
I used it often on GT5P but haven't checked it out much on GT5. Seemed like it was implemented/supported better on Prologue.
 
Downloaded the 2.0 intro and watched a few of the game related vids. Other than that, I never use it.
 
Yeah I watched some pd movies and I would've liked to watch everything else but it's to damn expensive.

I would like some new/interesting content.

Also photostream I look at every once in a while. I made it an app tile on my iPhone!
 
one time entered it accidentaly , final answer - NO . Kaz should replace this option with something more interesting.
 
Here in the US it has not been updated in a super long time and we have the least amount of content regionally

This, I've used it once or twice but there hasn't been anything worth while in a long time. YouTube is a much better source for videos, it might have a lower production value but the content is there.
 
I have checked it out once or twice but that's it.
 
I've used it for the free videos, like the trailers and stuff like that. But I've never paid for any content at GT-TV. I still liked what they had, and sometimes I felt like buying something from GT-TV ...
 
I didn't know it existed until I saw Super GT was being pulled. Even now I don't know where to access it nor have I spent time searching for it. So no.
 
Watched all the Concours videos. Repeatedly. But the lack of programming kept me using it for anything else.
 
I didn't know it existed until I saw Super GT was being pulled. Even now I don't know where to access it nor have I spent time searching for it. So no.

You have to scroll past it to get to the options button on the main menu. Not that I even notice going past it when I do that, of course.
 
Think I watched the 24hrs of Nurburgring featurettes on there - showing how KY used the "Neesan" GT-R Schulze Motorsports round the ring. Was only like 30 minutes over two separate downloads. But it was free, so I watched it. Not seen anything else on there though - I don't normally look in there, it was only because of it being in the news section that I went and watch the 24hrs Nurb thing.
 
I've seen a lot of the content on there, the free stuff only, not gonna pay for it. The Nurburgring 24hr programmes are a good watch, Kaz has raced there a few times now. Still more to download & view, so not bored of it yet, the quality is also very good.

There is a bug where the sound & video starts to stutter sometimes, if you encounter it, press fast forward then rewind to sort it out, works for me everytime.


👍
 
I used it once for the recent Nurburgring 24 hour video about Kaz's GTR R35 2012 but that was literally it.

I went through it looking for something that interested me like full 24 hour coverage of the Nurburgring or at least longer coverage than what is available, since there was nothing like that I felt it wasn't worth it and got my racing coverage elsewhere.

I've still got enough V8 supercar coverage to last me for at least another year whenever the mood takes me to watch racing :)
 
No, I don't like waiting when I'm downloading episodes.
Maybe if it was a system of just clicking and watching I would use it aloooot more!
 
I used it once when I first got GT5. I watched the "making of the red bull 2010" video. It took forever (don't know whether to blame it on my internet or not). From then on I figured it was just a way for PD to push promotional content. After all, I bought GT5 to race.
 
I must say that I am supprised by the results of this poll so far, I thought more people would watch it. Mind you, I can understand the complaints about downloading, the files are large, & for folks with slower connection speeds it must be a pain. The upside of large downloads though is the resulting high video quality.
 
The main issue as far as I can see is that you only rent the videos for a year and they're rather expensive. Plus it's about location, if I get the urge to watch some motorsport videos I don't want to have to turn on my PS3, then load GT5, wait through loading screens, some more loading screens followed by a length download to do so when I can just power up my PC and be watching the same video on YouTube for free in a couple of minutes.
 
The main issue as far as I can see is that you only rent the videos for a year and they're rather expensive.


I agree. However, there are plenty of free videos to watch, & I only watch the free stuff.
 
Never used it, in the UK its rarely refreshed and I'm not a fan of paying for content I can get for free on the internet.
 
Back