Do you drift with hand brake or foot brake?

vinkento, what's wrong with drifting with E-brake?
It's one type of a drifting technique anyway, and plus, I don't think he's mentioned anything about FF drifting either, so there's no "ass dragging" involved too :)

what i do is i do shadow drifters technique he taught in the GT3 drift bible the one where you cut, tap e brake, pump brakes a couple times, counter steer, accelerate

ah... to many comments from closeminded retards who dont know wut they're talkin about. Only reason handbreaking isnt too popular anymore iz because it got played out a few years ago, so only a few people do it. But real drifters do it once in a while. Its just using weight transfer feels more natural to some people, like me... No need to hate on someone and get all fanatical when u dont have a vid of u drifting w/ ur real car...

i feel you gabkicks.... yea e-brakes is e-brake but over all its still a technique. pretty much when i try to explain things people tend to over react so i guess you might have to wait till gt4 actually comes out to show them what you mean. yep take cares man lata

check these out if you havent seen them.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/photos/gt3_video/GT3_2PlayerDrifts.wmv
https://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/photos/gt3_video/2PlayerDrifts_Part_2.wmv
https://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/photos/gt3_video/Trueno_AE86_Drifting_Tribute.wmv
https://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/photos/gt3_video/FF_Drifting_Tribute.wmv

Originally posted by Stanley^Carter
vinkento, what's wrong with drifting with E-brake?
It's one type of a drifting technique anyway, and plus, I don't think he's mentioned anything about FF drifting either, so there's no "ass dragging" involved too :)

When ever have you seen a professional drifter use an e-brake for a rear-wheel drive or 4WD? I'm sorry.. but I can't morally say that I can ever even imagine that using the e-brake to drift is "style"

Originally posted by vinkento
When ever have you seen a professional drifter use an e-brake for a rear-wheel drive or 4WD? I'm sorry.. but I can't morally say that I can ever even imagine that using the e-brake to drift is "style"

Pro drifters use the e-brake. D1 drifters use it to get more angle sometimes. I've seen keechi do it when his s14 understeered on a wet track when he tried to drift so he pulled the e-brake to drift. If its there why not use it. Thats like having a knife to cut something but you'd rather use your hands because you think using a knife is a cheap way to cut something.

People who think e break drifting is horrible should just be ignored... Real drifters us the e-break sometimes. I almost never do, but thats only because i'm not really interested in using it right now... lol i just make up crap sometimes to make my car drift.. kinda inertia, kinda power over. Choku dori sounds interesting but iv'e never really tried it.

i turn brake, e-brake, den counter steer wit throttle tapping :) gives u longer drifts sounds kinda noob doesnt it

I use it occasionally, mostly when my drift starts too soon it helps me slide further into the corner. I don't think it's lame, just another tool in your bag of tricks

I set my front brakes at the lowest setting and the rear at the highest. This makes controll so much easier, especially because I drive with the analog sticks... If the car refuses to drift, I resort to the handbrake, but I have to take my thumb off the stick...
At the end of every race, I wretch the handbrake and send my car into a 360. Usually the game finishes it, but sometimes it fights it...

i hold the e-brake almost the whole way through the corner. okay, maybe i don't drift with FF. i can only drift 4wd cars. and i use the footbrake most of the time, and never the e-brake.

hope that helps move this thread back in the right direction. ;)

People rip on the handbrake but I think it's because they don't actually drive.. its a great tool, a little crude, but a great tool. Using a combination is the way to go, but usually you need your footbrake a lot more because its easier to control.

I use the foot brake for most of my drifts with any RWD. But It depends on the drift, If you shift the weight right you don't even have to use the brakes. With the other drivetrains I mighy use the E-brake to get a drift started like 4wd. OR just hold it and say I'm drifting with FF :D

WHAT IS HE DOING ????

I DON'T KNOW, I THINK ITS CALLED GRIP......
IS IT ANY GOOD ??
UM WELL ITS LIKE FRENCH.....ITS CRAP :D

fanx viper, holding the e-brake all tha way? OMG! i only tap it b4 i get into oversteer! serzly the style of drift depends on the turn sumtimes 2 but... every try drifting up hill?

i cant drift at all with e-brake. Most of the time i use car inertia (none of my car have been weighted down) and foot brake with minor acceleration.

wut do u mean u can't drift w/ e break.. u mean u just dont feel like it.. like me:D. I use inertia too, and i steer more w/ my accellerator now.. almost as much as w/ my wheel.

i dont know, my car tends to slow down to much if i hold it alot. too little is not enough or in some car itll spin out of control or slide out of control. lol

I use a mix of Accel., E-Brake, and Foot Brake. When I drift I just negotiate the turn and drift it without a plan. I tend to just drift witha flow instead of a pre-set idea and technique. For good videos it helps to have a plan though IMO.

i tried inertia feinting, and it worked! i like it but the prob ism i cant do it for the deep u turns... like in midfield raceway

for long deep u turns, some of my car, silvia and the trueno, i just turn while slightly accelerate on a low gear and the rear wheel will automaticly slide, then easy from there on.

Back