Do you drift with hand brake or foot brake?

Australia
Australia
R0T4RY99
R0T4RY
I'm learning FR drifting now and it worked "YAY!" but i never used handbrake on my drifting, i'm sorry about this newbie question but anyone drift with e-brake on the first time they tried to drift?

Originally posted by extreme car
I'm learning FR drifting now and it worked "YAY!" but i never used handbrake on my drifting, i'm sorry about this newbie question but anyone drift with e-brake on the first time they tried to drift?
i did with a 4wd( for the first time when i was a noob) but i hold it and i never complete the drift

I begin drift with foot braking, in Gt2 with a Mine's lancer V, I really don't like e-brake, the car lose to much rotations of motor. I Had tried drift with e-brake in Gt3, and I continue don't like it, I use now the accel off, open the gas at the beginning and then, give gas again to make the car drift.

Seeing as FR is the only way to drift (start an arguement here), i dont use the e-brake. Just the footbrake entering the corner, then throttle and countersteer through the corner.

when i was learning i was using both...

i still use both, from what i can accurately assume, people have the wrong idea about the e-brake. they think it's a bad thing to use it...

THAT S**T HELPS YOU!, and i don't know why some people try NOT to use it. i'm actually faster when i use the e-brake.

yes it does lose some speed, but only if you don't use it to your advantage...

oh and after all, Keiich Tsuchiya stated " at one point, i couldn't turn without it..."

In the beginning yes, i used it liberally.

Now, I start drifts with foot-brake for weight shift, and then use combination of more brake, throttle, and a little e-brake. This is the style that I'm using for my Speed Six. I'm not drifting with anything else right now.

Originally posted by supradrifter89
i use tha foot brake but i dont use it much when im drfting threw a corner i hate brakes:mischievous: :P

with better grammar usage you could say:

" i drift using the foot brake, but i don't like to use the brakes while drifting. "

Originally posted by supradrifter89
i hate brakes:mischievous: :P

Originally posted by eddieturner2002
so what are you going to use if your going 100mph into a hairpin corner? Your Throttle?

see what bad grammar causes?
it causes MISINTERPRETATION...

i love using the e-brake!!! its really useful....people always think its a noob tech. but you can use it for choku-dori or to extend the drift....so...yea....i use the e-brake....and the foot brake....so yea....

brake late into the corner i guess....and dont use too much brake just enough to get the car a little bit sideways and then control with the throttle...and steering

I usually use breaking and accel. manipulation to drift.. sometimes just a simple accell. off. I only use the handbreak when i'm drivin a civic once in a while. I have a vid clip of me doin a decent drift w/ a AE 86 on blackforest revese initial d style, speed drifting where ur not so sideways that ur loosing speed. I just gotta get the hardware to put it on my pc

There is more than just your breaks that help you to stop, your gears, your steering wheel, the tires, and even, yes, that wonderful little accelerator, can help you to slow down. If you come in to a corner too fast, if you are good enough, you can increase your angle to some kick ass something or other and use the accelerator to push the car in another direction, kinda like that old game Asteroids.

As for me, I only use the E-Brake when I wanna have alot of fun and get sideways sooner on really tight courses with low hp cars, other than that I pretty much only use my brakes to slow down in a striaght line and to balance the car.

I use the foot brake to get the car loose, and usually use throttle and steering through the corner. I use the e-brake to extend a drift, and sometimes it can save a drift if you enter to soon. I like to use to use faint, and lift off too.

can any one drift with the throttle fully open?
cause it's faster if i'm not wrong.....
and any one know how to drift that makes u're exit faster than grip?

there are only a few turns that drifting is about as fast as, and more likely faster than grip driving. and thats usually when you do a 4 wheel drift and hardly countersteer at all near the end.. if its a really wide turn it usually looks like the car's almost on a rail. and if its a short turn its almost the same thing except at more of an angle. U shouldnt have to straighten the car out near the exit of the turn if ur drifting correctly, and u should follow almost a normal race line.. Do a grip lap and then drift and u shouldnt be too far behind ur ghost if ur doing it correctly. I suggest using a car w/ no more horsepower than 400 to really see this. High HP/ more modern cars are usually much faster when gripping... though 4 wheel drifting sometimes seems like a drift when the car's not super sideways. I dunno... i need to get vids on the net.. i hope u understand wut i mean.

I completely understand, I have also realized sometimes I am Actually FASTER drifting, becuase drifting allows you to tkae differnet lines around the corner

Make no mystake about it, grip driving is faster. its just on some turns its only .01 of a second difference bettween them.

can some one show some their fastest drift vids :D
it would be really helpfull too for me :D

EDIT: I managed to do four wheel drift with a castrol supra in midfield not just once many times BTW four wheel drift means drift without counter steering rite?

tasadar24, nt if ur doing the speed 4 wheel drifting i'm talkin about. or a simple accell off, like through that lil mini turn on deep forest II

I'm not even going to read this thread, I can't believe you would even remotely imply that you COULD drift with your E-Brake... oh you people.... argh.. you can ass-drag MAYBE if you want to, but REAL drifters use the foot brake, and if there were a clutch, we'd use that too. DAMNIT....

Back