Do you restart or complete the lap?

• Thread starter TonyLomas
  • 28 comments
When you make a mistake and have an invalid time do you restart straight away or complete the lap to practice the other corners?

Depends really, most of the time I restart.
But sometimes it's really helpful for me to complete a lap, especially if I hit some of the corners really, really good and it gives you a good idea on how to tackle them correctly, makes getting a fast lap down easier.

I keep going, it helps to further learn the other parts of the track. If you keep restarting, especially anywhere in the first part of the track, you are never going to learn, or get any practice on the last half. In my opinion, you're only hurting yourself by restarting all the time. Keep going and keep any momentum going that you may have for the next lap. 👍

usually i restart on small tracks, and finish on big tracks.
One thing that always irritated me about GT series is that once u red the lap it doesnt give u any more warnings when u go offline so finishing a lap is not as beneficial as it is say in iracing.

If I get a next lap invalid towards the end of a lap I restart- because an entire red lap from your previous lap is the worst. Otherwise I'll just continue.

Hmm.... I'm asking myself if the tyre-temperature is important in gt academy. If yes we should not restart every time we mess it up lol
I'm one of em' :D
Do you think after one lap or 2 laps the tyre temperature will increase or is there a reset wenn we drive over the starting line. Thx
Greetings from Germany

If I messed up in the very beginning of the lap like the first corner, I would just restart.

Otherwise, I kept going.

I keep going, it helps to further learn the other parts of the track. If you keep restarting, especially anywhere in the first part of the track, you are never going to learn, or get any practice on the last half. In my opinion, you're only hurting yourself by restarting all the time. Keep going and keep any momentum going that you may have for the next lap. 👍

I do the same thing, especially if it's with a car I'm not familiar with.

Right now I re-start because I'm focusing on Eau Rouge. It's where I lose the most time and where I'm the least consistent so if I DQ myself on Eau Rouge I pause, think about where I mucked up, and then re-start.

Depends where on the track - at Spa if its at Eau Rouge or somewhere near Sector 1, I restart, but anywhere after that i just carry on!

I restart if:
• Next lap invalidated
• Crash or spin in such a way that it takes less time to restart than to get the car pointing where it should
• Crash or spin at the two/three first corners of a new lap.

Otherwise I continue. Every driven lap is a practised lap.

I only restart if I screw up first corner or eau rouge, or last corners so that it invalidates the next lap. Or if I screw up so bad that I'm facing the wrong way or hit a wall. Unfortunately, those 3 situations is usually how I screw up:grumpy:

I restart because in this one and maybe gt5, if you penalize a lap the lap you are to finish and the next lap in going to be penalized. So you have to do two laps to set a clean lap.

That's only if you go off or hit a wall right at the end of the lap. If you get red lapped in the middle of the lap before the next won't be red as well. 👍

If I was on a great lap and the err is going to either not effect my time or make it slightly better, then I restart. Even if it's red I don't want to see a lap time that I may not be able to reproduce. If I lose time on the mistake, I'll continue and experiment with different corner approaches to the remaining corners.

Back