Do you think GT7 will ever be the game we want it to be?

• Thread starter CnPx
  • 130 comments

Will Gt7 ever be the game we want it to be?

• Total voters
Actually a lot of the way the world works is just this way. This Logic you talk about. Someone's idea and opinion overules everyone else's. So it is the way it is. Same with PD as an entity. The world is unkind and lots of things are not to people's expectations. What you say doesn't add or take anything away from that fact. Your going to buy into something and be presented with what you are given. You either go with it. Get your money back and walk away if you don't like that. There are lots of things in life everyone disagrees with personally but they can't change it. This is PD's game and they'll do what they want because they can. I bought this game fully expecting knowing full well that it is someone else expectation. PD's project. And I don't think it's finished. And I will agree to disagree. I will take the good with the bad as the game is and enjoy it for what it offers. And no the game never gets boring for me. Sorry to derail your thread. But I'm an optimist. I'll therefore stay positiv about the game and just enjoy what the game is trying to do first and foremost and that is driving pleasure and online.
I;m not sure I'm following where you are going here.

You started in this thread suggesting ways you thought someone might get more from the game, that's fine it's just the wrong thread for that. You then proceeded to tow the line that people should love the game and race online and have no right to expect GT7 to be anything other than what it is and telling people to be positive about the game. A complete strawman of an argument, and for some members to be more postiive about the game they have to expect it will become what they want, a stark contrast to just accepting GT7 for what it is. It's still the wrong thread.

Now you're (still in the wrong thread) stating that people have 2 choices, like the game or sell the game and walk away. I mean, I'm at a loss here. I'll throw this out there, people can be critical of something they enjoy, shocking I know. Not only this, but people can find GT7 is enjoyable enough to play it, but think it could be better than it is, or that it's a missed opportunity. And get this, people can think over a million different ways between hating something and loving it.

The logic I'm referering to is what you were inferring in your earlier posts, and granted I may have read those wrong, but what I felt was that you were essentially suggesting people should just be positive because it's unreasonable to expect the game to be what they want. That's the logic I was referring to, and that's not at all how the world works.

I realy like Star Wars, I grew up on the original trilory, but I dislike the sequal trilogy. Guess what, I still like Star Wars, but I will voice my opinion of the shows and films in the series I didn't like as well as what I did like. I don't force myself or pretend to like them all beause I like some of them and I don't say I dislike all of thme beucase I dislike just some of them, and if someone disagrees with me, so be it, power to them. That's life.

It's great you get enjoyment from the game, guess what, so do I, just not as much as I'd like.

Last edited:
Okay Dave. Have a good night, have fun and take care. :) Don't worry about what I said. I won't be. I'm old enough to let this rest and agree to disagree with respect to OG author's thread. We will continue to agree and disagree.

Last edited:
Instead of that , GT still stays the most beautiful and best to drive experience for me, the best replays ever, different on each lap !! ... but I can stay on GT6 and GT SPORT and older because I have still my PS2/3 (I have no PS5). And I know that it is difficult to satisfy everyone as the tastes are different ...
Can't wait for GT8 !!;o)))) if I 'm still alive because I'm not so young .

a few days ago, my PS3 was reanimated to life, firstly GT5 & 6 was played all night 😅

Actually a lot of the way the world works is just this way. This Logic you talk about. Someone's idea and opinion overules everyone else's. So it is the way it is. Same with PD as an entity. The world is unkind and lots of things are not to people's expectations. What you say doesn't add or take anything away from that fact. Your going to buy into something and be presented with what you are given. You either go with it. Get your money back and walk away if you don't like that. There are lots of things in life everyone disagrees with personally but they can't change it. This is PD's game and they'll do what they want because they can. I bought this game fully expecting knowing full well that it is someone else expectation. PD's project. And I don't think it's finished. And I will agree to disagree. I will take the good with the bad as the game is and enjoy it for what it offers. And no the game never gets boring for me. Sorry to derail your thread. But I'm an optimist. I'll therefore stay positiv about the game and just enjoy what the game is trying to do first and foremost and that is driving pleasure and online.
I'm not sure you've fully grasped the point of an online message board. It's for people to share their opinions and thoughts on a given subject. Sports teams, music, games, anything. People will discuss them, post their ideas, their dislikes and likes, all firmly in the knowledge they will almost certainly have no effect on the subject of discussion.

The people posting on their sports team board and discussing team choice and tactics know the manager won't be reading.
The people discussing whether they like the new sound a band has gone with won't affect their future sound.

So yes, we know PD rarely listen. We know what we write almost certainly won't directly influence the game. That's not why we post.

I think Gt Planet should make and effort to gather the most important topics and issues concerning the game and ask for an interview with Kaz, and in the backgrounds try to shake PR to start to comunicate with the community.

we cant forget Kaz its Japonese..., in a way or another he for shure have a lot of weight in terms of decisions and direction of the game...
What is strange is that in the first GTs he got it right, but the menus books and music rally its a good example how Japonese minds work.

They have a peculiar way of enjoying stuff, if people play games like Final Fantasy or Yakuza just to name well known games, while theres many stuff on the games that are very well done and catch us, when we dive more deep we realise how awkward and sometimes how bizarre they portrait some things, very childish animations/dialogues and many other stuff that go to the extremes that most people just dont apreciate in this side of the continent.

Being a race game and the most part of the player base its ocidental Kaz and sony must realise how we enjoy racing and racing sports overall...
Music Rally and menu books its the best example of this, how someone that should know their community and that made such greats games including the best GT and probably the best racing game ever..., talking about GT 3, the biggest step in terms of visuals and gameplay optimisations ever done using a gamepad, there will never be a game like that..., with a very decent and fun single player content...

Anyway, Kaz and sony must have a wake up call to the reality, be simple forget about nonsense stuff, give players a good carrer mode cause many are casuals and want to just pick the gamepad or wheel and have something to follow and to progress using as many cars as possible.

Mentioned before, next 2 years FM and Assetto corsa 2 probably will hit the market, if GT7 stays like this i have no doubt GT franchise will eventually lose the most part of his playerbase.

Lol I knew that guy's gonna get banned sooner or later. Why is the username suddenly changed though?

Anyway...

Booted up the game today and not gonna lie, the intro really hyped me up again but also sad because of the potential and how PD probably won't make use of it. Imagine GT with Grid's AI. Probably really revolutionary for the franchise.

Back