Do you think you can platinium GT5 ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter klondike
  • 62 comments
  • 5,110 views
Messages
973
Messages
Klondike_rush
Just curious about how many people are trying to platinium the game.

Im trying to get patinium on this game, even realistickly I cant do it because some parts of the game seems to imposibel to me.

Right now things that prevent me from platinium is...

Golding all licenses. Some of them I find to hard for my skill level.
Dreamdrifter. I tryed maybe + 20 times with no sucess.
Real world record in the GTR 07 Nurburing.
The Vettel challenges. I only tryed monza a few times, but it seems this is just out of this world.

Iwe no doubt with time and practise I can do all off it, except the Vettel challenges.

Also I dont care how long time it will take for me, as I have no plans of buying other games, So I will proberly be playing GT5 for years to come.

Im doing the whole game with all aids off, where it is posibel ( Some licenses we cant turn aids off) Except the Vettel challenges where i put SRF on. And I plan to keep it that way, I wont feel good about beating a license or getting a trophie if i had used aids, so I will keep trying until I can do it without aids.

However I just feel the Vettel challenges is a bit out of this world for me. Its not a complaint just the brutal hard facts :)
 
The vettel challenge will most certainly prevent me from getting platinum. I use a DS3 and it's hard enough getting bronze.
 
Same as SiientJay. The Vettel challenge is just way too hard.
 
Only have to do 3 more endurances to get everything golded, then its a matter of reaching 40 on both A-Spec and B-Spec and get 500 more cars.
And grinding the exp. on both specs goes fully automatic so just have to wait and spend time buying cars thats it :P

And with a steering wheel I find this game way to easy accept a very odd few things. And ye no Aids and even with lower powered cars. So overall....no not having any trouble and not getting much of a challenge.
 
Yes. I hope so.

What's hardest is reaching level 40 A-Spec and completing those Endurances. Already have 5/9 in A-Spec completed (B-Spec is easy)... And I'll have a hard time doing 24 hr ones.

All licences - Special Events - Races are gold. And Endurances with X2010 can't be hard.
 
It's more time consuming than hard. You just need patience.

I've all the tough stuff out of the way. Now it's collecting 1000 cars by buying a load of karts, getting my b-spec guy to max his career by doing the same short race over and over again. And then of course doing a monotenous 24 hour race over and over in A and B spec. meh
 
i was thinking that the game wouldn't be too hard to gold. the endurance races are time consuming, yes (as is collecting a thousand cars) but doable. yesterday i got to level 30 and just bronzing the vettel challenge is going to take all of my concentration and effort and i'm not sure if i'll ever be able to gold it.
 
Only the Vettel challenge will stop me, i can only get bronze so far in them, obviously possible with lots pf practise, but that's the thing, I don't find it enjoyable to train for it, going that fast it's not really driving. But i suppose I will try harder sometime if I really want the platinum.
PD could make it more tolerable but just as difficult if they did not reset you after making going out of bounds, why can't they just red mark the lap and let you continue, and just attain 2 clear laps in the right time. It would mean a non standing start of course.
 
It's a matter of time for me now. Just need to get to Level 40 on both A-Spec and B-Spec while golding all the endurance events. Bob needs career bar filled up too and I will try to get the 1000 cars trophy by getting as many unique ones as possible. This will give me a good base for online racing.
 
Nope because even if I eventually mastered the game to gold everything some of the trophies are B-spec, Photomode and Endurance which I'll not get.
 
Serious question: I've got the fatboy PS3. Will it seriously survive multiple 24H races? I mean....I'm already frightened when I'm letting Bob race the 9H Tsukuba.
 
I'll reach platinium. Though I didn't know how to spell it before I read the top post.
 
Serious question: I've got the fatboy PS3. Will it seriously survive multiple 24H races? I mean....I'm already frightened when I'm letting Bob race the 9H Tsukuba.

Depends which fat PS3 you got. It should tell you at the back, saying something like CECHXXXX. Tell us what it says in place of the X. Also how long have you had it and how many hours do you play weekly? If it was the launch 60GB then it will most likely die near GT5 completion on both A-Spec or B-spec. I would recomend buying a new slim, doing a network transfer and selling your old console while it is worth something.
 
Depends which fat PS3 you got. It should tell you at the back, saying something like CECHXXXX. Tell us what it says in place of the X. Also how long have you had it and how many hours do you play weekly? If it was the launch 60GB then it will most likely die near GT5 completion on both A-Spec or B-spec. I would recomend buying a new slim, doing a network transfer and selling your old console while it is worth something.

I have a launch 60gb PS3 and have left it running GT5 for the last 30+ days. Only turned if off a couple of times.
It's fine.
Scaremongering.
 
I have a launch 60gb PS3 and have left it running GT5 for the last 30+ days. Only turned if off a couple of times.
It's fine.
Scaremongering.

It's fine for now but it is nearing the end of its life. You could prolong it further by routinely cleaning dust out of the console and changing its thermal paste yearly to high quality stuff. It is good to leave the console on in a way as long as it is well ventilated and kept in a stable and low temperature. However it costs quite a bit to run the launch PS3 and its heat output is greater than the new slims. It won't be good if you kept the PS3 in your room and had to sleep with it on unless your room is very big and also cold.
 
No for one simple reason, the Seb Vettel challenge is almost impossible to get all golds with a DS3.
 
Not a chance. I'm level 3 B spec (what is that, maybe 6 races?) and I won't touch it again. Progression is horrible compared to GT4....
 
I will not get the platinum , don't think i'll ever do all of the endurance races and i know there are some challenges/lisence tests i won't get gold on , simply don't have the skills nor the time/patience necessary to improve enough to do them. I will however be playing this for a very long time.
 
I have only 4 races left to do to gold everything. Should plat it by the end of the month.
 
Definately going for Platinum here. Already doing pretty well to reach it I think, level 36 A-spec and 37 B-spec, golded everything so far. Just still need to do both 24H races in A-spec and Nurburgring 24H in B-spec. And still need to get a few other trophies, 1000 cars one (currently have 790 different cars), b-spec career (shouldn't be hard to fill up that bar I think).

Just need to find some time to do the 24H races in A-spec but for the rest I'm sure I can get Platinum. :)
 
I'll platinum it one way or another... Took a week off work at the end of the month so I can do the 2 a-spec 24 hours races!
 
Only need 6 endurance races in Aspec and 3 endurance races in Bspec for all gold in the game (incl. licenses, special events and seasonal events).

Currently 416 cars (only a few double) in my garage, was 190 3 days ago so I'm working on that too. Getting all different cars is gonna be a real challenge too :)
 
Only need 6 endurance races in Aspec and 3 endurance races in Bspec for all gold in the game (incl. licenses, special events and seasonal events).

Currently 416 cars (only a few double) in my garage, was 190 3 days ago so I'm working on that too. Getting all different cars is gonna be a real challenge too :)

It's not really that hard actually, I have 870 cars, no duplicates, the only thing that holds me back is the amount of grinding involved now because the majority of cars I need are 500,000cr and upwards.
 
No problem. All the really hard work done now. Just need to finish A and B spec endurance and get 1000 cars (which may take a while) and that will be platinum. All other trophies done!
 
I dont think I can platinum it, Because i dont think I can get all the golds, 1000 cars is easy, taking pictures of people in photo mode is easy, getting golds however may not be
 
Definitely not. I don't want to either.
 
It's not really that hard actually, I have 870 cars, no duplicates, the only thing that holds me back is the amount of grinding involved now because the majority of cars I need are 500,000cr and upwards.

I'm thinking about creating a GTP tagged account and grinding on it to get cash up to 20mil. Then buying and gifting all the expensive cars to my main account. I win both ways as I will have a GTP tag with enough money to buy any car and also have all the cars on my main account. However by doing this I will lose my no cheating status but I really can't be bothered to grind all the way to 20mil for one car and start the grinding for credits process again.

I've got 418 unique cars at the moment. I thought it would be harder to collect all of them but it is not as bad as I first thought it would be. Just hard to get the race cars that are 4mil as I'm always buying a new car in-game so can't really save up. I guess that as my car collection goes up, the more money I will have as I will bump into duplicates more often.
 
Maybe.. Not really to keen on completing the 24 Hour races, especially in B Spec.
 
No, due to endurance races. I love GT5, but I'm not going to intentionally bore myself to prove I can earn a platinum trophy.

Besides, I've got enough already :)
 
Back