Do you think you can platinium GT5 ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter klondike
  • 62 comments
  • 5,108 views
I'll platinum it one way or another... Took a week off work at the end of the month so I can do the 2 a-spec 24 hours races!

Not possible unless you've been grinding them already...
 
Not possible unless you've been grinding them already...

How on earth have you managed to figure out that it isn't possible, bearing in mind I'm level 35 already and have several days before my week off starts? I won't be doing any 24 hour races till then, and I will gold them both with plenty of time to spare.

You know what really grinds my gears... posts like yours ;)
 
I'm using a DS3 and i can't do the rally stages so i don't think i will. However i did get the drifting trophy. Buy a proper drift car (i have the blitz dunlop '04 from the UCD) and go on Eiger Nordwand with sector drift mode turned on. After a few tries i got 11,000
 
Last edited:
I don't have a wheel so getting all golds on the Vettel challenges is out of the question and so is Platinum. Might be able to get a gold on GP/F and I have one on Monza. But I highly doubt it's possible with a DS3.
 
I definitely think I can.
I just need time to do the 24 hour races.
Being able to get Platinum so quickly makes me sad.
This is GT5, Platinum should take a few years.
 
Not big fan of the trophies, but i think i could've if:
B-spec had a fast forward button
A-spec and B-spec 24 hour races had a save feature.
Licenses are not hard, special events too, maybe except AMG and Vettel ones. I don't have all golds there yeat, but only because i won't bother with it, because i won't do those 24 hours races and b-spec mode. If PD will fix it, then yeah, why not.
 
No, now without undue effort and copious gobs of time (time which does not exist for a university student) and much aggravation. It's a nice aspiration but I think it's out of my reach unless i win the lottery and can retire out of school!:sly: I'm just not THAT good of a racer!
 
No, I have no interest in B-spec :(
 
Nope because I can't envision myself ever golding the slaloms in the license tests. I have no idea what my deal is with those because I can gold much of the other stuff fairly easily, or at least have it in sight well enough that I know I can eventually do it.

I don't have too much interest in the drifting, but I imagine I could get that accomplished if necessary. Everything else seems within reach. But I'll never get the trophy for all golds cuz of those damn slalom runs. :(
 
No chance for me, I wont buy a wheel to get golds in the Vettel Challenges. Other than that I should gold everything else with ease.
 
Nope because I can't envision myself ever golding the slaloms in the license tests. I have no idea what my deal is with those because I can gold much of the other stuff fairly easily, or at least have it in sight well enough that I know I can eventually do it.

I don't have too much interest in the drifting, but I imagine I could get that accomplished if necessary. Everything else seems within reach. But I'll never get the trophy for all golds cuz of those damn slalom runs. :(
The slaloms were the hardest thing for me to gold in all 60 licenses, you might have the same issue as me, my natural way of driving is the opposite of what's needed to be fast, try slowing/accelerating in the exact opposite places that you normally would. Worked for me. The driving line red bits help.
 
My son who usually struggles to get silver in the license tests gets gold first attempt with the slalom using the DS3.

For me using the DFP it took a number of attempts, no aids, the most important thing I found was to stay close to the cones and be smooth. Your turn occurs before the cone, when you reach the right speed it is a process of releasing the accelerator at the correct time between the cones and finally planting it just before the second last cone until the finish.
 
I´ve never got platinum on a game mostly because you have to re-play after beating it , but when I got gt5 I decided that it´ll be the first .
My biggest challenge I think will be the endurance races , I just tried the 200 laps at indy and got bored at lap #5 lol , I will enjoy more the "ring" endurance but I own a fatty ps3 and I don´t want it to die (ylod) :( , but I might do it on my brother´s slim
 
Just curious about how many people are trying to platinium the game.

Im trying to get patinium on this game, even realistickly I cant do it because some parts of the game seems to imposibel to me.

Right now things that prevent me from platinium is...

Golding all licenses. Some of them I find to hard for my skill level.
Dreamdrifter. I tryed maybe + 20 times with no sucess.
Real world record in the GTR 07 Nurburing.
The Vettel challenges. I only tryed monza a few times, but it seems this is just out of this world.

Iwe no doubt with time and practise I can do all off it, except the Vettel challenges.

Also I dont care how long time it will take for me, as I have no plans of buying other games, So I will proberly be playing GT5 for years to come.

Im doing the whole game with all aids off, where it is posibel ( Some licenses we cant turn aids off) Except the Vettel challenges where i put SRF on. And I plan to keep it that way, I wont feel good about beating a license or getting a trophie if i had used aids, so I will keep trying until I can do it without aids.

However I just feel the Vettel challenges is a bit out of this world for me. Its not a complaint just the brutal hard facts :)
toss up between vettel challenge and actually running 2 24hr races, don't know if I'll even bother with the 9 because of it. :(
 
I think i can get platinum.

the only thing i am worried about is filling BOBs career bar.

i've done like 210 races with my lvl 35 BOB and the bar is only at halfway point.
How many races am i going to need to do to get this thing filled?
Any tips from users that already have this trophy?
 
I think i can get platinum.

the only thing i am worried about is filling BOBs career bar.

i've done like 210 races with my lvl 35 BOB and the bar is only at halfway point.
How many races am i going to need to do to get this thing filled?
Any tips from users that already have this trophy?

Just do the dreamcar championship over, and over. Its good money, and a good way to level your Bspec driver.

Do the first 4 races, then quit after you start the fifth. you get almost 1 million credit, and the drivers get 5 days of career bar.

If you just elvel them by doing endurance races, they wont reach the career max until a long time.
 
no way im getting it all done..

i dont have patience to do all gold licences and vettel challenge

all i got left are 24h races, and no way im gonna do them, only if they impliment some new system with save/or bob racing some parts
 
SiientJay
The vettel challenge will most certainly prevent me from getting platinum. I use a DS3 and it's hard enough getting bronze.

same here

gemmy
no way im getting it all done..

i dont have patience to do all gold licences and vettel challenge

all i got left are 24h races, and no way im gonna do them, only if they impliment some new system with save/or bob racing some parts

same again! exept licenses, it was quite easy..
 
Me, heck no. Not in a million years. Getting gold in every race, license, and event along with a few others will prevent me from doing this.
 
For me it's just a matter of time and patience.

I'm 100% gold in A spec with only both Tsukuba enduros and both 24h races left to run, and B spec is complete other than needing to fill the career bar of one of my drivers.

After that all I need is the 'win by 0.01' trophy and the '1,000 car' trophy.
 
Can I do it? Yes. Do I want to do it? No.

I can't be arsed to do all the endurances, the S vettel challenge ( which is ridiculous and boring ) and I'm not a big fan of the rally events either. Didn't start on those yet as well and probably never will.

If you took out those 3 idiotic series of events, i would probably get gold at everything else along the way.
 
Nope because I can't envision myself ever golding the slaloms in the license tests. I have no idea what my deal is with those because I can gold much of the other stuff fairly easily, or at least have it in sight well enough that I know I can eventually do it.

I don't have too much interest in the drifting, but I imagine I could get that accomplished if necessary. Everything else seems within reach. But I'll never get the trophy for all golds cuz of those damn slalom runs. :(

My very last license gold was the FR slalom. That took me a while to figure out. Basically you need some finesse with the throttle. Try lift off a tiny bit while you change the car's direction for the next cone, then apply a bit throttle after turn-in to increase speed and to stabilise the tail.

As for getting the platinum, now that I've golded the Vettel challenge I'll definitely go for it. It will take a long while (A-spec level 40 and 1000 cars) but I'll get there. :)
 
Sincerely, i think that i can achieve all the trophies except "Gold Standard", and this implies "Gran Turismo Platinum Trophy".

Reason? Red Bull S. Vettel Challenge with all gold :banghead:
 
I hope so, but I doubt it...

The 24h endurance is simply a no go. Aspec that is.

And i bought a DFGT for the S. Vettel challenge, and the FGT championship, but they are just to boring, I don't want to spend 6 hours warpdriving Suzuka and Nurburg, for just 2 gold medals.
 
I know I can Platinum, I just need to get to B Spec level 40, currently 38 nearly 39 then A Spec 40, currently 35 then i'll have platinum because the trophies come with getting to level 40 for me.

Just 4 more to get: Complete all endurances, Get all gold (will have once I completed last endurance) then the A and B Spec level 40 trophies so it's straight forward for me but still taking ages because of the endurances but I already did the hard stuff, it will take a while for me to get to level 40 A spec though so that will be the one to prolong me getting platinum.
 
No Way. I would be seriously depressed, if i looked back and realised that i played a computer game for that amount of time. Completing that game will not make you a better person.
 
This is one game that needs to be platinum'ed imo. If I do manage it , it will be the only game that I have done it and the only one that I'm bothered about doing it.
 
Back