Dodge Tomahawk.

• Thread starter slip2rock
  • 12 comments

Attachments

• tomahawk.jpg
    tomahawk.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 151
This is missing something...something obvious...something.... Oh, right: the gas tank! With that huge V10 in there, no wonder they say the top speed of 400MPH is "theoretical". It'd run out of gas after it reaches 100MPH with just that little 2-gallon tank. It's also missing a cool-looking faring & assorted plastic bits. Since the mechanicals walked right out of Akira, why shouldn't the shell?

As an engineering exercise, I rather like it. Just make the thing look like it's a real bike and not an exercise and I may actually like it.

Originally posted by Hooligan
This is missing something...something obvious...something.... Oh, right: the gas tank! With that huge V10 in there, no wonder they say the top speed of 400MPH is "theoretical". It'd run out of gas after it reaches 100MPH with just that little 2-gallon tank. It's also missing a cool-looking faring & assorted plastic bits. Since the mechanicals walked right out of Akira, why shouldn't the shell?

As an engineering exercise, I rather like it. Just make the thing look like it's a real bike and not an exercise and I may actually like it.

Its not 400MPH its 400KPH.

No your wrong. Its top speed is 300MPH and has a bigger tank than that.

From Dodge, The Magazine
IN THE TIME IT TAKES YOU to read this sentence, the Tomahawk could explode from 0-60 mph. In the time you'll take reading this page, the 500-horsepower Viper V-10 engine could've potentially taken you to its estimated top speed of 300 mph. This is power-junkie heaven on four wheels-four 20x4-inch wheels, to be exact.
Think of it as an art-deco-inspired, sculpture-on-wheels icon of passion and extreme thinking. This is beyond grab life by the horns. This is grab anything-- and hold on for dear life

Hooligan, it would have probably accelerated to its top speed before it runs out of gas. It has better gas milage too since the engine doesnt have to pull a 1 and a half ton car. I really wish people would stop posting made up stuff. (not reffereing to you Hooligan)...

This had to be created when we have cars that have gas mileages as high as 52 MPG [Toyota Prius]

I guess it just balances the equation eh?

i saw it in a mag and was on riding (but just for shoot section) and whole thing look intimidating.

btw the driver neverpass 30 mph,because according to them they didn't had the aprovation to test (to the limit) the bike,
just for take a few shoot of it.

but could be interresting see that monster on the salt flat on utah.

i heard the top speed was 400 mph, but as its theoretical it doesn't matter until it is tested.

i love it, yeah its ugly but who cares, no other vehicle on the road could keep up with you! :D i just hope they use it in a film some day...

oh and if they need a test driver i'll be happy to oblige :D

They have never really tested it and its Estimated Speed is 300MPH not 400. That is directly from Dodge (where are you guys getting the 400 est from?)...

Back