Dodge Viper Appreciation Society

• Thread starter Jarnac
  • 102 comments
I remember buying a red one for my 2nd car in GT1 after doing the Sunday Cup way to much. After I bought it I used it in the Sunday Cup to smash them. It was a great feeling that I always did in every GT. GT5 tho it just didn't have the the same feeling. Not the car itself, but the feeling of having it. Hopefully GT6 can give me what GT1-4 did. I think the way the menus are in GT5 kinda ruined that feeling of GT for me. I want my map back from GT4. :(

I wish they had a premium open top R/T model in GT5. If I remember correctly, that version was lighter than the GTS in GTs 1 & 2.

man i remember when i had well over 160 vipers in gt5 . sadly that save file is long gone ..

anyway number 1 Dodge Viper Fan ..Good Thread ..

SLAPHAPPYFRANKY
I remember buying a red one for my 2nd car in GT1 after doing the Sunday Cup way to much. After I bought it I used it in the Sunday Cup to smash them. It was a great feeling that I always did in every GT. GT5 tho it just didn't have the the same feeling. Not the car itself, but the feeling of having it. Hopefully GT6 can give me what GT1-4 did. I think the way the menus are in GT5 kinda ruined that feeling of GT for me. I want my map back from GT4. :(

I want my Dodge dealership music back from GT1, or was that Chrysler?

Yep one of my favorites. I just don't know how Kax could have left out the original blue/white color scheme on the premium Vipers. I still remember the late 98'-00 when the Oreca Vipers just destroyed there class in Le Mans. Would love them to be premium. I wouldn't mind the Zakspeed Viper that tore up FIA 24 Hour Ring races to be in game either. Heres one of my many ACR's:

TrialMountainCircuit_5-1.jpg

Last edited:
The 1st time I ever saw the Viper (in GT1 of course) I fell in love with it :) Ever since, it's been my favourite car, ever! :D

I still miss the '99 Oreca Viper...

Too bad there isn't a RM version of it... :(

dodge-viper-gtsr-22.jpg

You were in previous GT games, where did you go my love? :(
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Was my favoritist too.:(
I can one-up the OP though, since I used part of a famous special edition Viper in my GTP user id. :sly:

Once upon a time when I was only a teenager, probably around the year 1998. I would spend many, often even too many, an hour playing a game known as the 'real driving simulator'.
This game was a great game, a very great game.

Anyways ...
Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car - you got to have it!

Viper91a.jpg

I love the other Vipers too, this was the last one I acquired and has now completed my collection ;P.

When I first drove the Viper in the Original GT, I found it one of the most challenging cars to drive. Since then, as my experience has progressed, I have always sought to buy a Viper early in a game's career as the Viper represents so much performance value for money - and once confident with, is a joy to drive.

:)

I raced both my #91 and #51 tonight at TPRA. I also run a ACR Cup at PSN. If they only had the old blue, white and red paint cars in GT. 💡 Yes That One ^^

Huge Viper fan right here!

Ever since I got the car as a toy back in the 90's(matchbox white and blue stripe GTS and blue and white stripe RT/10) I have been a fan of the Snake. And when I first saved up for the beast in GT1, it made my day even better, trashing all the other cars in the events and in the arcade version. Even in Test Drive, this car is awesome, espically in TD6, I still have the case picture somewhere in the garage packed away.

Also I had the pleasure of being inside both a GTS and a RT/10 as the same dealership( the RT was in the lot and the GTS inside the showroom) that moment was the greatest time of my life there when I was 12-13.

Love the GTS-R Ocrea pics guys!! Show some Viper love!!! :D

I'm a huge fan of the Viper since I got a 1/18 scale model of a blue/white stripes GTS. I now have 4 Viper models (RT/10, SRT-10 and 2 blue/white GTS). The Viper is usually one of the first cars I get in video games and the striped blue SRT-10 was the first premium I bought in GT5. I still don't understand why GT1 was the only GT game where you could buy a blue GTS. I wonder if the new model will come as a DLC. With the classic Oreca GTS-R of course.
Next-gen-Dodge-Viper-Spy-Photos-Front-Angle-04.jpg

2013 Viper test mule

Aren't Vipers already race ready? What else would they have to modify?

They don't come with slick tyres, they don't come with sequential gearboxes, they don't come with stripped interiors or rollcages, and only the ACR comes with a big honking spoiler. Not race ready by any means.

It's so unfair. Corvette lovers get two models that can be race modified and the new C7. Us, Viper fans? No race mods and no sign of the delicious SRT Viper :grumpy:.

Gratuitous, I know.

It is a beautiful car, your gratuitousness is forgiven.

I can hardly wait to make my mark in all the 2013 Viper GTS vs 2014 C7 Stingray races that will happen once both cars are available (and tune-able) in Gran Turismo. 👍

Man, I can see the late 90s FIA GT GTS-R Team Ocera (The one from GT2) livery placed on this GTS-R! :eek:👍

Love that Viper :D.

Here's the awesome thing about the Viper. It has a ridiculous, snarling and fire-spitting 449 HP V10 engine in it, with decent suspension and meaty tires to bring it to the ground, making it surprisingly stable for a powerful FR compared to a Mustang or Corvette, and it also in general is just a BEAUTIFUL looking car with a BEAUTIFUL sound, and it even has a soft-top option version for the thrill of a convertible! :lol: It should have been in a better light alongside the famous Mustang or Corvette IRL and to some extent in video games despite its decent attention given to it in the gaming world, as it was, in fact, the only of two American cars in the S-Class Arcade Mode lineup in GT2, the other being the acceleration-happy-with-good-top-speed-as-well Shelby Daytona Coupe. :dopey:

Partly because of the Japanese-car bias in all GT games, which becomes darn near intolerable in GT2, 4, PSP and 5 but is still partially intolerable in any GT, but also because of my American pride and patriotism (:sly:), I'm always on the lookout for competitive and awesome American cars in Gran Turismo games, and one of them is the highly-underrated, unseen-by-some Dodge Viper. :)👍

Last edited:
“The car was designed to be a convertible. Under the skin is a convertible chassis. It’s already there – the stiffness is there. It’s extremely easy should that come, but we’re not in any rush”
said Mr. Ralph Gilles, CEO of SRT, about the 2013 Viper.

Back