Does anybody actually bother with Qualifying?

• Thread starter goldieno1
  • 20 comments

Do u bother qualifying???

• Yes everytime

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • No can't be bothered

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Only to see if I can match the other cars pace

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Only for last minute practice and setups

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters
I usually find that its better to fight the way thru' the pack into the first corner (thats if BHP doesn't do it ;) )

Anybody prefer to lead from the front???

It's just more time wading through menus that could be better spent actually racing. I enjoy darting through the pack as well. It gives you a little extra challenge.

It's good for seeing if you can match the other cars, and for doing some tuning of suspension. It's also quite good for learning the circuits if that's your first visit!

Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
It's good for seeing if you can match the other cars, and for doing some tuning of suspension. It's also quite good for learning the circuits if that's your first visit!

I agree this is what i did when i fist bought the game:D

only if i want the pole postion bad enough... sometimes i just don't wanna even deal with fighting my way to the front...

i also use it to practice and make sure i like the setup on my car.

I can only remember qualifying for a few races when I first started playing, then I got bored of it! All I do now is set the car up for the course and race, by the time u get to the late Amateur/Pro races they start getting longer (5+ laps) so getting pole ain't that vital if you have a decent enough car and know how to drive it:)

Sometimes, and sometimes not. On the short two lappers, getting PP can be the difference between P1 and P2 on the final straight, so qualifying is vital in those circumstances. I generally find, though, that once you get past the initial two lap, close horsepower races, that qualifying is a waste of time and engine life.

Having said that, on new courses I usually take one or two laps, just to get my bearing.

Originally posted by AndyConnolly
Sometimes, and sometimes not. On the short two lappers, getting PP can be the difference between P1 and P2 on the final straight, so qualifying is vital in those circumstances. I generally find, though, that once you get past the initial two lap, close horsepower races, that qualifying is a waste of time and engine life.

Having said that, on new courses I usually take one or two laps, just to get my bearing.

Exactly. . . . . .

I guess if I wanted to get a really high win percentage I might qualify on some of the more difficult races. Personally, I just run the race and if I'm loosing I'll drop out, tune, then re-enter.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic
I guess if I wanted to get a really high win percentage I might qualify on some of the more difficult races. Personally, I just run the race and if I'm loosing I'll drop out, tune, then re-enter.

~LoudMusic

Thereby not helping the winning percentage, as each race you drop out of counts as a loss, i only drop out when trying to get a specific car on a series race. I go back afterwards and win the race, after i get the car i want of course:)

I dont even bother. If you won money like you did in GT1 for qualifying maybe. I think its a great waste of time though.

when i first started racing and didn't know the tracks to well, i qualified, i'd usually fun for the length of the race (since they were only 3 laps).
now i dont bother, more eperience and faster cars and knowledge of the tracks.

Depends on the circumstances.

I'm currently running the Polyphony in a Honda NSX Type S Zero, and it's an advantage qualifying at the front, especially with the superhard tyres.

Generally though, given my penchant for very high HP 4WDs, there's no need...:D

Hi, I'm one of the "don't bother" guys.
That is, unless things are very close in power ect, then starting at the front helps.
Maybe there should have been a couple of bonus points for qualifying 1st.
cya

Back