Does anyone knows some glitches in GT3

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 101 comments
Originally posted by Bam
another glitch like thingy is on seattle backwards races. if you run a computer car into the wall on the first turn head-on, the car just gets stuck there and never gets off the wall until you bash into it. the computer car doesnt reverse or anything, it just stays there trying to drive through the wall.
I did the same thing, except I was on the Tokyo track on that turn where you can see the boats on the left after you get through the end of the turn.

Originally posted by GT40racer
Ok I can get through in about 1:30 using the F094/S

i tried this a bunch of times, with a RUF and 2 F1 cars. didnt work for me. and i was well over 120mph, and i hit the breaking point.

what am i doing wrong? im not hitting the left wall or anything, im hitting the meeting place exactly.

Youth_Cycler, it really freaked me out the first time it happened. The AI punted me into the barrier in the box chicane. After I finished passing comment on the driving manners of computers, I tapped the reverse and suddenly I'm doing 360's on the spot without the tedium of having to actually use any throttle! It seemed to take ages to 'wind down' though it can't have been more than ten seconds. I thought that I must have mashed the reverse too hard or something (even tho' I was sure I'd only lightly tapped it) but when it happened again after the AI slammed me up the wall in the hairpin prior to the tunnel I knew that going anywhere near the reverse was a bad idea!

The odd thing is that when I tried it again whilst in arcade (having a go at the 'break through' trick) no merry-go-round behaviour was on offer. Weird huh?

Originally posted by SaleenASL
i tried this a bunch of times, with a RUF and 2 F1 cars. didnt work for me. and i was well over 120mph, and i hit the breaking point.

what am i doing wrong? im not hitting the left wall or anything, im hitting the meeting place exactly.
Just keep trying! It takes most people about 30-40 tries before successfully doing it. I was lucky- it *only* took me about 20 times to get it. :P

Youth_Cycler, it really freaked me out the first time it happened. The AI punted me into the barrier in the box chicane. After I finished passing comment on the driving manners of computers, I tapped the reverse and suddenly I'm doing 360's on the spot without the tedium of having to actually use any throttle! It seemed to take ages to 'wind down' though it can't have been more than ten seconds. I thought that I must have mashed the reverse too hard or something (even tho' I was sure I'd only lightly tapped it) but when it happened again after the AI slammed me up the wall in the hairpin prior to the tunnel I knew that going anywhere near the reverse was a bad idea!
Hmmm... I found out during one of my first times running the course. Since this was still back in the day when I had 10 or 20 percent completion, I was still a bad driver. Anyway, I didn't brake in time, thus slamming myself into the barrier. Then, when I just turned my wheels (not even applying gas), the car started spinning like crazy! So, I've tested it several times, and glitchy area down there... it's not just there though. For example, the area to the right of the Ford sign (near the Monaco breaking point), there's also a "slick" area, where I spun out when testing the F1 series.

The odd thing is that when I tried it again whilst in arcade (having a go at the 'break through' trick) no merry-go-round behaviour was on offer. Weird huh?
Hmmm, I never noticed that. Maybe I'll try it sometime. :)

BTW, the slippery spots are weird, because they're not activated by tire spin... like I said earlier, I didn't even apply the gas at all when I found the spinning glitch. It seems like the car "rolls" down the slight gradient... *shrug*

And they say that the 'freaky physics' has been cured (cartoon image of Einsteen juggling multiple Gods playing dice with the universe!).

uhm erm sorry fellows, the miata and f-1 thing was to emphasize my point that until I read about the reload thingy, I had seen a shadowed out formula 1 car (probably on the superspeedway enduro) {last night,I won the formula 1 car from the pro/dreamcar. thanks again cycler!} But I started with a MIATA and I was continually winning miatias which was making me not like the game. In fact, when I bought my own personal PS2, I bought 3 other {unnamed} games before I got my own copy of GT3. Thats how much I hated it on my friend's PS2.

Originally posted by richimoto
uhm erm sorry fellows, the miata and f-1 thing was to emphasize my point that until I read about the reload thingy, I had seen a shadowed out formula 1 car(probably on the superspeedway enduro) {last night,I won the formula 1 car from the pro/dreamcar. thanks again cycler!} But I started with a MIATA and I was continually winning miatias which was making me not like the game. In fact, when I bought my own personal PS2, I bought 3 other {unnamed} games before I got my own copy of GT3. Thats how much I hated it on my friend's PS2.
Ah, eye cee. ;) Yes, the save-'n-reload trick is one of the most useful things you can do in GT3... of course, it would be nice to have it for the enduros too. :smilewink

HEW sk8erkid that your f1 spins and stops, it happend to me today when i did the Cote Da Zu'r enduro probily at the same place and time bacause it happend to some other dud's laterzzzzzz

I saw another glitch in the multyplayer: when you have 2 f1's go ride to Trial Mountain and go to the BIG tunnelboth stand on the other side of the tunnel; give some gas and hit each other big time you'l probaly fly 2 meters in the air

no ****!!

VIPER FREAK

Yesterday I went to some family reunion and my young cousin (13 yrs) had brought his PS2 along with GT3. I saw he was using a gameshark as well and he told me that the game was too difficult and blablabla...So I asked if I could join him and do some races in sim mode. I don't know exactly what codes were actually on but some very weird stuff happened during the race.

First of all, the AI cars started to drive like hell. Two of them went way off the track on the map in the upper left corner. Then I said, ok some shark glitch. But then I noticed that one of the cars was actually flying!! It was very high in the sky and there were some debris flying around it. Then it did a U turn and headed full speed for me, like a flcon or eagle does witha fish. I was scared! then it just hit me full speed (it was a C5R) and man did that hurt. I was going 200 mph when the car hit me and then went on reverse even faster than that!

Minutes after, the game froze and we needed to reset the PS2. This is another reason why I don't use gameshark...But it was a really nice accident. And seeing the debris behid the C5R made me wonder if the game shark is able to add car damage...

I don't know if this counts as a real GT3 glitch because of the game shark, but that's certainly a shark glitch.... :P

Originally posted by SaleenASL

He I tried to hit the breaking point and hit the BREAKING POINT about 5 million times but I can't get thru!! :mad: I tried it with a Escudo and with an f1

What am I doing wrong?

You have to hit it "just right"... it's very hard for me to explain, but you have to hit it in such a perfect way to get wedged between the walls... BTW, when attempting it, use an F1 car; it's easiest using it (mainly because you can point the narrow snout right into the gap).

| -------------------
|
|
|
|

See the diagram above? When you try to break through, your car should be at about a 35 degree angle from the left wall.

i have more!

special stage rohgt 5 (arcade mode free run (easy))

you must be in acade mode. on free run!

go to any end of pit lane then speed toward the end you are heading stay close to the wall without touching it! you will see barells at the end of pit lane hit the wall/barrel corner(s) and you will pop out behind them! you need at least 170mph! have questions post a reply!

the only weird thing that happens to me is when you know in arcade mode there is no tire wear, but after like lap 3 i notice my car is not turning as good as before, so its tire wearing but not as fast as when you do have tire wear, weird. :odd:

very odd one!

Back