Does anyone knows some glitches in GT3

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 101 comments
There are only three that I know of:

1. Wheelie- There are many different variations on how to make this work, but here is an overview of how to make it work:

(Courtesy of GameFAQs

{Using the Suzuki Escudo}:
1. Equip the highest turbo possible (stage 4)
2. Decrease the spring rate to the smallest possible value for both front and
rear
3. a. decrease ride height to smallest possible value for front and rear
b. DRIVETRAIN

Lim-Slip In Tor. 5
Lim-Slip Accel. 5
Lim-Slip Decel. 5
(Note: 5 for both front and rear)

c. Toe angle and Chamber angle should be 0

4. a. set the gear ratios auto settings to the highest possible level
b. set the gear ratios final gear to 3.000
c. set all gears to lowest value (Use L1 to scroll faster)

5. a. decrease the front downforce to the smallest possible level
b. increase the rear downforce to the largest possible value

6. set ASM to 0

7. set TCS to 0

8. set VCD to 10%

Make sure you turn the opposite way when doing the Max Speed test, once around the track won't be long enough for the speed to reach 500+ mph.

Have Fun!!

---------------------
Or another way:
---------------------

1. Get a car with over 1,000 HP
2. Equip the highest level NA or Turbo.
3. Decrease the spring rate for the front and back to the lowest value.
4. Decrease the ride height for the front and back to the lowest value.
5. Set the gear ratios auto setting to the highest level possible
6. Decrease the front downforce to the lowest value, and increase the rear
downforce to the highest value.
7. Put the ASM to 0.
8. put the TCS to 0.

Now go to the test course (preferably machine test) and watch what happens when you hit about 230 mph.

Basically, once you reach 230 mph, the huge amount of downforce on the rear will cause the front to lift up, making it do a wheelie. Depending on the tires, you might not get it the first lap...

2. Crashing through the Track- Believe it or not, you can actually go outside of some of the tracks... First, get yourself a high-powered car, preferrably an F1, though in some cases a 787B will suffice. Now, head on to Monaco or Seattle (you can do this at other tracks too, but I don't know where the "breaking point" is; you'll see what I mean later). Let's use Monaco (Cote d' Azur) as the first example: Take your car, and go to the hill where the sun gets in your eyes. From there, you take a left, then a right, where you go down a short straight, right? Instead of turning right at the bottom of the straight, keep going. You will notice a Ford and a Castrol sign. To the very left you will see where the steel barrier sort of meets up with the wall, and you will see there's a tiny space in between. Believe it or not, this is the breaking point. Now, head back up the hill, turn around, and, accelerating as fast as possible, head towards that breaking point. Make sure that you don't brush the left wall before you hit... you have to hit it perfectly to make it work. Since this will be your first time trying it, it'll take you many, many, many times, as much as 40 before you might get it (I've done it so many times that it only takes me a couple tries now). When you get it right, you'll notice that your car will be sort of wedged in between the barrier and the wall- DON'T STOP ACCELERATING! If you let go of the gas, you'll start rolling backwards... which you dont' want, of course. Once you're out, you're free to explore. Make sure you don't get too close to the track though- you'll get sucked right back in. At Seattle, the (two) breaking points are at the ends of the straightaway...

3. 1 billion MPH- Utilizing the two above glitches, you can go over 1 billion mph. Please note that I've never done this before though. Anyway, from what I've heard:

Take a car that can do the wheelie trick, and go to Seattle.
Go on the straightaway, and try to enter into one of the breaking points while doing a wheelie.

The reason I haven't successfully done this yet will become apparent if you try it- you can't steer. That mean that before you "lift off", you have to be facing in the exact direction that you need to be in order to do this... not to mention that you have to get a car doing a wheelie in that short amount of time. In fact, I'm not even sure if this is possible without a hybrid machine... oh well.

~~~~~~~~

Hope this helped! :)

When I reverse in my F-090 it does a 360 and then stops. Has anybody else had this happen? It did it twice to me during the Cote de azur endurance that I raced last nite.

^------- Nope.

BTW, I forgot one more:

4. Getting the Car of Your Choice- In a series race (where you race like 5 or 10 races in a row), you can actually control it so that you can win the car that you want (since there's usually 4 possible cars to win in series races). Okay, it goes like this: Win the first 9 (or 4 if it's a 5 track series) races, and make sure to save on the 9th. Then, when the 10th one comes up, enter it, then exit. Now, you'll go through the process of winning a car. If you don't like the car that you won, then go back to the main screen (by pressing the back button), and click on "Load Game", whereupon it'll bring you back to race 10, and you can start all over again until you win the car of your choice. Also, note that you don't have to win all 9 races... just make sure you have at least an 11 point lead by the end of the 9th race.

I did notice that on TokyoR246, when I hit a car on the side at just the right angle..IT makes my car accelerate very fast and then slow down..wierd :odd:

God Bless You Youth Cycler!!!! all night long (and since Christmas on my friends ps2...) I keep winning the same car over and over and over. How many times have I drooled on that shadowed out f-1 only to get YET ANOTHER miata!!!!????? You sir, are the MAN!!! :lol: :D ;)

Originally posted by youth_cycler
^------- Nope.

BTW, I forgot one more:

4. Getting the Car of Your Choice- In a series race (where you race like 5 or 10 races in a row), you can actually control it so that you can win the car that you want (since there's usually 4 possible cars to win in series races). Okay, it goes like this: Win the first 9 (or 4 if it's a 5 track series) races, and make sure to save on the 9th. Then, when the 10th one comes up, enter it, then exit. Now, you'll go through the process of winning a car. If you don't like the car that you won, then go back to the main screen (by pressing the back button), and click on "Load Game", whereupon it'll bring you back to race 10, and you can start all over again until you win the car of your choice. Also, note that you don't have to win all 9 races... just make sure you have at least an 11 point lead by the end of the 9th race.

Ehh... That's not a glitch

No problem. :smilewink (Erm, well, I'm an atheist, but... ;) )

BTW, um, what series race would you be talking about? The only race where you'd encounter both a Miata and an F1 is the Roadster Enduro, and that glitch doesn't work on enduros... only on series races. ;)

Clonehead- Depends on what your definition of glitch is. Anyway, even if it's not one, it helped someone in dire need. :)

Originally posted by richimoto
I keep winning the same car over and over and over. How many times have I drooled on that shadowed out f-1 only to get YET ANOTHER miata!!!!
Richimoto: two things.

1) That trick only works on Series races; for enduros, you're stuck with what you get.

2) When you do the series-save trick, it assigns your prize car based on a random number generated by your lap time. So if you keep coming up with the same car, run noticeably different lengths of time before you exit that last race. At first go a few seconds; if that doesn't work try half a lap, etc.

Good luck!

No it isn't..:)

Too bad you never use it. I won't use the controller unless i HAVE to. The driving experience is much greater with the wheel.

I suspect you have had some problems getting used to it, or had some trouble getting the calibrating right. right? ;)

Originally posted by Nigma
gonna have to try some of those glitches out :D
Breaking out of a track makes for some very interesting gameplay. :smilewink

BTW Sparxxx, you're welcome. *sigh*

The only other glitch I have heard of was a shortcut on Cote D'Azur. This was on two different forums, many months apart, and by different people.

I can't verify the authenticity of it, but with being able to break out of the track, I wouldn't doubt there are other similar spots.

I've heard of the shortcut being on the stretch after the tunnel, where the front portion and back portion of the track are parallel. You manage to break out of the track (to the inside) at the back portion, and in crossing over the track, get sucked back into the front portion. Thereby advancing to the next lap

Maybe It's the second urban legend of GT3. First being the "hit the button when the flashing GT sign is under your desired car" legend.

The only other Cheat/Easter Egg is the Professional Mode in Arcade. Holding down a Combination of keys while sitting on the Hard level Selector will reveal a Professional mode.

AO

Hey youth cycler where is the breking point on this image please save the pictures and draw and arrow on the pictures a post it back

Attachments

• gt3 wall bp.jpg
    gt3 wall bp.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 487
To save Photoshop time, I'll just tell you ;) :

Okay, see the Castrol sign? Okay, now, do you see where the guardrail that the signs are on and the guardrail to the very left meet, to the left of the Castrol sign? That's the breaking point. If you still can't figure it out, look about an inch above the 100 mph number.

i noticed that the torque readings are ****ed on some cars.

like the viper, when @ 1,029 hp, only has 140.5 ft-lb or so.
it's actually correct, but the decimal is in the wrong place.
lots of cars are like that.

Originally posted by j2s
lots of cars are like that.
ALL of the cars are like that. ;) And you are right, it was a mistake of incorrect decimal placement.

heyt youth cycler how fast do you have to go to go on the other side of the wall and all you do is you take some speed and you run in that small gap is that right

A minor glitch that I came across was when I bought a Lancer Evolution VII and highlighted it in arcade mode. The speed meter is all red and filled all the way instead of like the the accelaration and handling meters next to it.

another glitch like thingy is on seattle backwards races. if you run a computer car into the wall on the first turn head-on, the car just gets stuck there and never gets off the wall until you bash into it. the computer car doesnt reverse or anything, it just stays there trying to drive through the wall.

Sparxxx- You have to be going at least 120 mph. And GT40Racer is right on the ball on where to break through. Again, make sure that you don't accidentally brush the left wall, or otherwise the small bounce will cause you to miss the gap... you have to hit it just right.

Ok so i get it i just hit the breaking point without hitting the wall the the left and i hit that wall at 120 Mp\h and i will get on the other side of that wall

Like Sk8rKid I've come across the 'merry-go-round' response of an F1 car to reversing on Monte Carlo.

The most irritating glitch I'ce come across though is what I call the Pit Lane Snarl Up. It occurs most often in multi-player but it has happened to me on some series races to. Basically, if you're say ten seconds ahead of an opponent, pull into the pits and he pulls in after you, then he'll drive around you and come to a stop. When the auto-drive tries to exit you from the pits your car runs into the back of his and stays there! Voila! He pits ten seconds behind you and you lose time 'cos you can't get out again!

The auto drive into the pits on some circuits can also stick you on a barrier and can't get off - it's as if it's never heard of reverse! I lost a minute and a half on the Laguna Seca enduro thanks to that!

Finally, I know it's not really a glitch but it gets my vote as prime candidate for programming oversight numero uno ... what am I on about? Not being able to change your oil during a series race of course. It's ridiculous considering you can swap out practically every component on the car! Engine wear is a similar candidate considering that during a racing series engines are replaced regularly and rebuilt after every race! Neither are glitches per se I admit - maybe 'gripes' is a better term for them!

Originally posted by Sparxxx
Ok so i get it i just hit the breaking point without hitting the wall the the left and i hit that wall at 120 Mp\h and i will get on the other side of that wall
Yes.

sukerkin- I absolutely hate the "spin out" an Monaco... it's like they laid an oil trap down there!

The only other glitch that I've found, which no one else (to my knowlege has encountered) is doing consequetive somersalts or flips in the Escudo.

Following the Wheely trick, and the seatle breakout glitch, I managed to hit the open road, with the Escudo stuck at about a 60 degree angle off axis. Then when reaching speeds that were un-natural....the Escudo started to do flips until the speed dropped down to around 60mph... I managed to save the replay and I posted the replay on this site, which Jordan has uploaded to his movie collection. The only bummer is that the saved replay only shows inside view, which wasn't near as exciting as the outside view.

:cheers:

You can check the video out here.

i consider this a glitch:

a car's manufacturer horse power is different from the horsepower the car has in the garage.

that always gets on my nerves.

Back