Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,267 comments
Guess they just didn’t want to end with Brock winning. Bayley being booked as a third wheel in this feud really confused me, granted that’s typical for WWE.

Surprised they let NXT win the night, it should be interesting to see if it brings more viewers.

The show was very very good. It was basically a big push for NXT as a whole, but it was enjoyable and very well executed.

Only sad thing is, I really wanted Rey to defeat Lesnar.

Really good show, very enjoyable, Cole v Dunne was match of the night for me but Nakamura/Styles/Strong is a very close second as that was a great match too. Wyatt/Bryan title match was better than I expected and although Lesnar winning was always going to happen having Dominic do some moves with his dad was a nice touch.

Both the men's and women's elimination match were good but I don't think Rhea needed help to win, the men's match was messy but it had a good finish, both matches threw up some dream matches that we didn't know we wanted!

The only real downside for me was Walter was booked badly as he only lasted a few minutes and the main event with the Women wasn't great, I thought it was a good match but nothing special, which was disappointing after all the good booking and build up to the match. I though the crowd were pretty bad last night too.

Also regarding Mauro Ranallo's absence last night, Michael Cole said it was because he was all voiced out from the Takeover event, I'm not sure about that as he has taken another break from social media, his history with mental health is well documented and I really hope nothing serious has happened and that he is OK.

Really good show, very enjoyable, Cole v Dunne was match of the night for me but Nakamura/Styles/Strong is a very close second as that was a great match too. Wyatt/Bryan title match was better than I expected and although Lesnar winning was always going to happen having Dominic do some moves with his dad was a nice touch.

Both the men's and women's elimination match were good but I don't think Rhea needed help to win, the men's match was messy but it had a good finish, both matches threw up some dream matches that we didn't know we wanted!

The only real downside for me was Walter was booked badly as he only lasted a few minutes and the main event with the Women wasn't great, I thought it was a good match but nothing special, which was disappointing after all the good booking and build up to the match. I though the crowd were pretty bad last night too.

Also regarding Mauro Ranallo's absence last night, Michael Cole said it was because he was all voiced out from the Takeover event, I'm not sure about that as he has taken another break from social media, his history with mental health is well documented and I really hope nothing serious has happened and that he is OK.

Walter did single-handedly take it to Strowman and knock him around quite good, so at least they let him look like the real deal for a while even though he didn't last very long.

The main event was just weird. All three women are capable of putting on a good show(Shayna's not flashy but very good at her style) but it just fell flat. It kind of seemed like nothing about it worked, from the match flow to the commentary to their chemistry and all on top of a crowd that seemed to have gone to sleep the moment Lesnar won. Maybe some weapons or something could've helped wake the crowd up at least. Then the ending with Becky standing tall didn't seem to make any sense either. NXT won the night, let them have the moment. Just kind of strange all around.

It was a pretty fun show until the last 2 matches. I guess a lot of people liked Brock v Rey but it did nothing for me. I think the elimination matches might have been better if they had done 4 people per team as some of it felt pretty rushed as if they had too many people to eliminate... but there were plenty of fun moments in both.

The main thing to takeaway from Raw is that the Seth Rollins heel turn is in full swing.

Looks like Mauro Ranallo wont be on NXT tonight, Corey Graves criticised him over his commentary at the Takeover show saying that he didn't let Nigel McGuiness or Beth Phoenix talk enough, in Graves defence those comments were meant to be in jest and it was to be added to the whole brand warfare dynamic during the weekend, Graves was meant to joke at Ranallo's expense when they were at Survivor Series commentating together but of course Mauro was absent.

Corey Graves has since apologised but it has led to Mauro deleting his social media and missing some shows.

Why does Vince still think "rivalry" on commentary is a good thing? It's never worked, and either Ranallo is playing this well or he wasn't told what was going on. The only time it vaguely worked was the Invasion with JR and Heyman.

Smackdown was pretty good last night, it was all about Bray Wyatt with two instalments of Firefly Funhouse (the second one was really weird!), and an in-ring appearance from The Fiend as he attacked Daniel Bryan and pulled him under the ring and 'pulled his hair out', Bray/Fiend had been challenging Daniel to a rematch, they also introduced a custom made Universal title for Bray which looks insane, you can buy the belt on WWE Shop but because its handmade it costs $6.500! :crazy:

Also Elias is back....so is Sheamus!

So Starrcade was last night and they might as well have never bothered with it as it was bang average, Started off with Kevin Owens and his talk show with Ric Flair as his guest, then Gallows and Anderson came down (no AJ), then Street Profits came down to have a tag match which they won, next up was a fatal four way for the Women's tag titles with Becky/Charlotte, Cross/Bliss and Bayley/Sasha with Asuka and Kairi obviously defending and this was a good match which is no surprise considering the great talent taking part, Kabuki Warriors retained after Asuka's submission finisher made Cross tap out, then the main event (only three matches!) was supposed to be a last man standing match between Rusev and Lashley (and hopefully an end to the horrific storyline!) but it never happened because of Rusev's 'restraining order' meant Lashley won by forfeit but KO came down again to say that they weren't going to end the show that way and they had a decent match until Rusev interfered (shocker!!) and Rusev and Lashley had a brawl to which Rusev got the best of....and that was the show.

there was a steel cage Universal title match advertised between Wyatt and Braun Strowman but it never happened, there was a cage above the ring, the show was a waste of everyone's time and they could've easily had the matches on Raw or Smackdown.

Starcade is just a house show with a fancy name, I could have told you before hand that it would be a waste of time to watch it.

AEW really needs to start booking smaller venue's as tonight's taping looked pretty empty and considering how they move crowds around I fear what the crowd looked like behind the hard camera. :nervous:

As for the show itself, let's just say I'm losing faith in AEW. :indiff:

Haven't seen any AEW but it seems to me all they do is take shots at WWE, I know they are in competition but its very petty and AEW has to do its own thing and not really worry about WWE.

They parodied the Britt Baker thing from NXT Takeover last night and in recent TV adverts for Dynamite they used quotations saying that they are wiping the floor with NXT, there are no ratings for last nights shows available yet but last weeks ratings are: NXT 810,000 AEW 633,00.

I wouldn't mind the jabs at WWE if they didn't turn around and repeatedly say they're not competing with WWE.

My issues with AEW are mainly with the show pretty much revolving around Cody and Chris as well as storylines being far too scattered. I don't follow all the social media stuff, so there are usually things I miss that would greatly help the story. For instance Cody gave a very weird promo that only made sense if you saw MJF's promo... that was posted on Twitter and not shown on Dynamite.

Considering Chris will eventually leave to focus on Fozzy, it will be interesting to see what they do. Going by Fozzy's site he will likely be leaving sometime early spring.

Only issue I’m having with AEW is the audio. They did a lot of changes during the last episode with the mic volumes.

I have no idea what's going on here. Just finding an empty arena match from Japan's DDT promotion in the Tokyo Dome and noted "guy who will absolutely murder you with his bare hands" wrestleman Minoru Suzuki struggling to keep from laughing at the 7:08 bookmark.

So Smackdown then....good god!

Two matches made for TLC, one is Miz v Bray Wyatt after Wyatt seemed to threaten Miz's family and Wyatt then hit him with Sister Abigail, for some bizarre reason the match is non-title! Next up is a TLC match between Reigns and Corbin, Reigns had a match with Ziggler last night which ended up in Corbin getting involved and they both tied up Reigns on the ring post and covered him in Dog food...yeah really!

I bet Fox are loving the content that WWE are giving Smackdown right now...

So apparently the NXT UK Championship belt has been stolen...
Part of me wants to believe that this is just a goof on AEW for when their title got "stolen" earlier, but that would mean WWE is acknowledging there's competition out there and we all know Vince refuses to do that these days.

NJPW World Tag League prediction

Well, I got this one wrong. Juice Robinson and David Finlay win the 2019 World Tag League with their key tiebreaker win on the last night over EVIL/SANADA.

Edit but Luke Harper finally got the release from his contract that he wanted for months. Also "Sin Cara" is gone.

Last edited:
I’m happy Luke finally got his release. I feel the whole “they should go to AEW” thing is overdone, but I think he would be a great fit there. Currently the roster is rather lacking when it comes to big guys.

I couldn’t care less about Sin Cara but wish the man behind the mask luck.

Edit: The Ascension has also been released.

Last edited:
No surprise about any of the releases tonight and there could/should be more in the coming days and weeks, there is so much talent in the company that isn't being used and they need to leave to make money elsewhere.

Batista's induction is well deserved, he was a key part of the Ruthless Aggression era from the mid-to-late 00's for WWE.

NWO is definitely deserved but Hulk Hogan in the HOF though, I'm not sure that will go down well after you know what.

If they're inducting the nWo, then they should really be including the entire group... which is like 75% of the WCW roster considering how out of control it was near the end. :P

I also see that Eric Bischoff hasn't gotten back into WWE's good graces either. He was an integral part of the nWo for a number of reasons, so not including him is pretty noticable.

Since Místico (AKA the Original Sin Cara) was released and did not retain the name and the moniker, it will be interesting to see what happens to Sin Cara II.

Personally, I can see them feuding in either Triple A or CMLL, as a continuation of the rivalry they had when the two of them were fighting for the Sin Cara Name.

Sure, maybe the 2 of them will have different names now (since Místico isn't even called Místico these days, since he lost the rights to the name when he moved to WWE), but it could be a good program.

Also, I didn't even watched RAW yesterday... last week's show killed my interest. There are too many stupid storylines right now in both the Red and Blue brands :indiff::ill:

Raw was pretty good, Seth Rollins has now turned heel (they way it happened was pretty cool), more matches made for TLC which is this Sunday, Rusev and Lana are now 'divorced', Sami Zayn randomly turned up, some decent matches last night with Kabuki Warriors v Becky in a handicap match, Viking Raiders v Street Profits for the titles and the main event between AJ and Rey for the US title was good.

There were a couple of funny botches last night, EMT's struggling to get Kevin Owens stretcher in the ambulance and the when Styles tried to put Rey in the Styles clash from the second rope.

Back