Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,196 comments
Baron Corbin steals contract from Finn Balor "oh no how terrible"

John Cena steals contract from Finn Balor "oh yeah go Cena"

Add that to the tally of terrible things John Cena does despite being a babyface :lol:

As much as I think AEW needs to take a break from hiring former WWE guys, Bray would be perfect as the new leader of the Dark Order.

A lot of shock on social media about this news.

Bray has been brilliant in the last few years with the funhouse and the Fiend, and the Fiend has been great with his first match at Summerslam 2019 being one of my favourite entrances ever. WWE did drop the ball with the Fiend character a few time like losing to Goldberg for no reason, losing the Universal title to Reigns just a week after he won it and Bliss turning on him at his last appearance at mania which was confusing.

But the character was strong and Bray was great with it, we all know he was struggling with Jon Huber's passing so this may have something to do with that, he may have asked for his release.

No more Wyatt family member left in WWE now.

A lot of people staggered by this news.

Bray has been brilliant in the last few years with the funhouse and the Fiend, and the Fiend has been great with his first match at Summerslam 2019 being one of my favourite entrances ever. WWE did drop the ball with the Fiend character a few time like losing to Goldberg for no reason, losing the Universal title to Reigns just a week after he won it and Bliss turning on him at his last appearance at mania which was confusing.

But the character was strong and Bray was great with it, we all know he was struggling with Jon Huber's passing so this may have something to do with that, he may have asked for his release.

Don't forget that he wanted to take some time to recover from Jon Huber/Luke Harper's death...

Yep, Vince is digging his own grave himself...

Honestly, with how hard he took Huber's passing, I wouldn't surprised if he just retires. If a return is in the cards, it won't be this year out of personal grief alone.

Technically, Randy was part of the family...

But I get what you're saying.

Good Smackdown the other night. Cena getting himself involved in the title match was entirely predictable, as was Banks turning on Belair but it's good to have her back and it was a good way for the show to go off air.

Did anyone see that botch in the Reginald interview, that stagehand walking past! :lol:

Never thought I'd say this but Baron Corbin is brilliant.

I don't like how Balor was written off. I think it would've been better if Cena fought Balor for the contract as this just makes Cena look like a *** and makes Roman Reigns look more like the face here :lol:

I expect Finn Balor will face Baron Corbin as payback and then maybe move on to Roman Reigns after Summerslam

Last edited:
Raw tonight then, Riddle v Omos, Nikki ASH/Cross v Flair no holds barred and Goldberg is advertised to make an appearance.

Ric Flair has been released from WWE, he asked for it apparently.

One interesting bit of news is that NXT star Adam Cole's contract with WWE expires after Summerslam, it originally expired after GAB but Cole signed a short extension so he could finish the Kyle O'Reilly feud that's happening, which does look like its heading to a third match, Cole is one of the biggest name on NXT's roster and a multi time champion, will be interesting to see what happens from here, his girlfriend Britt Baker is on AEW.

Don't worry they'll just have big name legends sell events because who needs an engaging story with the wrestlers you see every week when you can have one off overhyped matches that'll be completely forgotten about in the long run.

Long Term payoff, what's that?

Last edited:
Lashley v Goldberg for the WWE title has been made for Summerslam, MVP was goading Goldberg's son at ringside and then took a spear, Lashley accepted his challenge afterwards.

Nikki ASH beat Charlotte in a good no holds barred main event, they battered each other! Keith Lee beat Karrion Kross in a rematch from last week and it was a win that Lee badly needed.

Can't really think of anything else interesting that happened in ring, the show was from Chicago and there were CM Punk chants plus 'we want Wyatt' chants and of course the now obligatory 'we want Becky' chants.

They used added crowd noise during Drew McIntyre's entrance, it was from John Cena's entrance as you could clearly hear Michael Cole saying '16 time world champion'

Don't worry they'll just have big name legends sell events because who needs an engaging story with the wrestlers you see every week when you can have one off overhyped matches that'll be completely forgotten about in the long run.
WWE has have to drive as much traffic to Peacock as they can so that NBC doesn't feel like they're making a bad investment, so these things are probably gonna happen quite a bit more frequently for the next few months.
Long Term payoff, what's that?

Welcome to every wrestling promotion ever. You live by the Tuesday morning ratings report and die by the inevitable lack of foresight.

It was a good Smackdown last night but it was over-shadowed with the news of yet more WWE releases. NXT has been decimated again.

Jake Atlas
Bronson Reed
Bobby Fish
Tyler Rust
Leon Ruff
Ari Sterling
Kona Reeves
Stephon Smith
Zechariah Smith
Asher Hale
Giant Zanjeer
Mercedes Martinez

Perhaps the biggest one there is Bronson Reed, he only lost the North American title to Swerve Scott a few weeks ago and had a match on Main Event not long ago as they were maybe looking to move him to Raw. he had a long reign as champion and its a surprise he is gone.

Bobby Fish was a member of Undisputed Era, one of the best factions in recent WWE history and he had a match with fellow ex member Roddy Strong just last week. Tyler Rust only just joined Diamond Mine.

Leon Ruff, Jake Atlas and Mercedes Martinez wasn't on NXT in weeks, WWE must be a pretty horrible place to work right now.

From whats being reported. This WWEs attempt to rebrand NXT.

I can get the idea of rebranding NXT. It's a great show but it fails as a way to get wrestlers ready for the main roster. Granted it's not the wrestler fault, WWE excuses for writing and fans overly high expectations all play a part in it. Issue is, NXT gears towards an independent crowd but Raw and Smackdown don't so there is still a massive hurdle but NXT doesn't prepare you for that set hurdle

Despite the fact I can get why I definitely don't agree with a lot of these releases. Especially Reed and Bobby Fish

I kinda figured Bobby Fish was on his way out when the Era disbanded, it seemed pretty clear that WWE decided Adam Cole was the only one of they group they were going to really throw their weight behind. And even then I'm not so sure he won't just get lost in the shuffle.

As far as NXT being rebranded, I wouldn't be surprised if it was severely reduced in scope along with the two main shows starting to consolidate as well. WWE has really oversaturated itself, especially with every show having its own set of championship belts and constantly adding new ones every couple years, and with AEW providing legitimate competiton now they can't keep treating each show like it's own mini-promotion and pretending to compete with themselves anymore.

I kinda figured Bobby Fish was on his way out when the Era disbanded, it seemed pretty clear that WWE decided Adam Cole was the only one of they group they were going to really throw their weight behind. And even then I'm not so sure he won't just get lost in the shuffle.

As far as NXT being rebranded, I wouldn't be surprised if it was severely reduced in scope along with the two main shows starting to consolidate as well. WWE has really oversaturated itself, especially with every show having its own set of championship belts and constantly adding new ones every couple years, and with AEW providing legitimate competiton now they can't keep treating each show like it's own mini-promotion and pretending to compete with themselves anymore.
I'm fine with quite a few of the titles, before the 2nd brand split WWEs biggest issue was not enough titles for their roster to fight for.

I think the only titles that need to go are the Tag Team titles. I think there only really needs to 2 Tag Team titles for Men and Women. Tag Team roster is way too small for 5 titles and plugging them in every week is a big contributor to repetitive Raw and Smackdowns.

Also unpopular opinion but the NXT NA Championship can go as well. I thought a secondary title for NXT was too much when they are busy building up the roster to fail on the main shows and is easily forgettable

Last edited:
Smackdown was a good show and the highlight for me was Balor looking good throughout, and that's despite him getting a beatdown from Roman and the Usos, maybe Finn gets a title shot after Summerslam.

Belair v Banks for the SD Women's title and SD tag title match between Usos and Mysterios both made for Summerslam, Belair had a non title match with Vega but there was some confusion beforehand as to whether or not it was a title match.

Rollins and Edge had a great segment and their match at Summerslam is set, Cena wasn't on the show but was in the dark match afterwards, there were two dark matches before the show which was Keith Lee v Austin Theory and Dakota Kai v Aaliyah.

I'm fine with quite a few of the titles, before the 2nd brand split WWEs biggest issue was not enough titles for their roster to fight for.
I feel the problem is more that there was, and still are, too many wrestlers on the roster and not nearly enough of them were built up to be credible title contenders.

Ever since the early 2000's WWE has always been going through the cycle of hiring up a ton of indy talent at once, not doing anything meaningful with them and then quietly releasing them after their hot period has long expired. They obviously tried to do something about that recently by presenting NXT as its own brand, but everyone has long considered NXT as the development show and that's not something you just change with a handwave and a box of new belts. I imagine that's why there's so much talk about the show being rebranded, so they can get away from that perception.
I think the only titles that need to go are the Tag Team titles. I think there only really needs to 2 Tag Team titles for Men and Women. Tag Team roster is way too small for 5 titles and plugging them in every week is a big contributor to repetitive Raw and Smackdowns.
While I generally agree, the issue now is that probably no one wants to work two shows a week and travel cross-country twice as much to do it on top of their other commitments, which is something unified champions would inevitably have to do. And even if they did, WWE definitely wouldn't want to pay them the extra money they would be due to do that.
Also unpopular opinion but the NXT NA Championship can go as well. I thought a secondary title for NXT was too much when they are busy building up the roster to fail on the main shows and is easily forgettable
If they're really very serious about repackaging NXT as its own brand that's supposed to be equal to Raw and Smackdown, then having a midcard title will actually make sense. I'm not entirely convinced they're serious about it though.

Hope it sets up the RKBro storyline further. Even if they want to cap the story at Summerslam with Orton betraying Riddle tonight.

Also a bit late to the party as I thought it was posted here but WWE has confirmed a 2nd January PPV for the 1st of January. Potentially the return of New Year's Revolution? But knowing WWE it be a new but bad PPV name

Last edited:
Back