Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,229 comments
Big E would be the biggest surprise IMO, but we know that will not happen... 😔
THIS COMMENT HAS... NOT... AGED... WELL!!!! AND... I'M... HAPPY!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Last edited:
THIS COMMENT HAS... NOT... AGED... WELL!!!! AND... I'M... HAPPY!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office
I always thought Big E winning was very likely outcome, especially since he dropped the IC Title pretty early. Glad he won but, again anyone could've won this one

Summerslam almost feels like a skip for me. I get why they are doing this but matches where the older talent are obviously there to put over the hottest talent isn't for me. Hard to get invested when I don't think Roman Reigns is in any sort of danger

Last edited:
Nikki Cross/ASH was an unexpected choice to win the Women's MITB match, I think that everyone was thinking Liv would win it and I do feel for her a bit, Nikki winning is an interesting choice at least and I am happy for her and the way she won was good with her grabbing the briefcase whilst everyone else was squabbling on the ladders, well I say everyone else...they buried Alexa Bliss under ladders outside the ring, the crowd didn't take to Alexa and booed the voodoo stuff she was doing. Great opening match.

The tag title match was a good solid match with Omos impressing again, the way he was rag-dolling the sizeable Ivar was pretty mind-blowing, no surprise to see AJ and Omos retain, The WWE title match featured quite early on the card being third match up and it was just dominance from Lashley as he crushed Kofi, I don't remember Kofi having any offense whatsoever, it was great heel work from Lashley and MVP who riled the crowd up outside.

Then came one of the matches of the night, the crowd booed Rhea and Charlotte and there were audible 'We want Becky' chants early in the match, Charlotte in particular didn't like this and aimed a DX chop to the crowd and gave them the middle finger, but then the both of them put on a fantastic match and turned the crowd around and they were chanting 'this is awesome'!! Charlotte own the Raw title again but it was a brilliant performance from them both.

Men's MITB match was up next and it was a fairly standard MITB match, lots of big bumps and spots...and the right winner! Big E was definitely the right choice, Drew got something of a mixed reaction throughout. Credit to Kevin Owens who took most of those big bumps. Seth was not happy with the outcome, and that would be relevant to a bit later on in the show.

Roman and Edge had a fantastic slow burning type match in the main event, it was all Reigns in the first part and it was actually going the same way as the Lashley/Kingston match for a while until Edge found a way back in, there was a ref bump and the ref was down which led to Rollins coming out and attacking Edge and causing a distraction which led to Reigns picking up the win, Rollins and Edge fought afterwards and whilst Reigns was giving a promo Cena made his return! Which surprised a few as they were expecting Becky and not Cena to come back last night.

Great show overall, crowd were pretty hot for the most part, Usos won the SD tag titles from Rey and Dominik on the pre-show in a good match, heels cheated to win, Rey and Dominik had a weird new entrance but the crowd seemed to like it.

Cena will kickoff Raw tonight.

One little bit of news, Naomi has been moved to Smackdown, probably to make room for Becky Lynch when she eventually returns, the Smackdown's women's roster is looking very stacked now!

Also Big E is the first ever Black MITB winner, which is pretty mad when you think about it..

So, "goober e-fed cliché that I grew tired off after one appearance" Karrion Kross debuted on RAW...

...and eats what is probably his first televised pinfall loss since signing to WWE...while NXT Champion...

brb my sides are in orbit

Kevin Owens also lost while NXT Champion

...though of course that was John Cenas revenge win
And that's why I find it funny: As the then-resident murderdeathkill machine of NXT, Owens got the big statement win before his first main roster loss.

Of course, this ties back into my at-best apathy/at-worst "seriously stop this is cringe" for Kross

Last edited:
Can't a Women Money in the Bank holder hold it for a week?

I really think they had no plans with the Women's Money in the Bank. I rather Nikki hold it a further develop her character then finally cash in. Nikki title reign doesn't look promising

EDIT: Hearing "No More Words" again has gotten me so nostalgic. Started watching Wrestling in 2008 with Smackdown when we got that on Free TV and Jeff Hardy was the talk of the school for a lot of people

Last edited:
I'm happy for Nikki but I cant get behind the 0-100 mph push she has gotten.

I feel that Karrion Kross losing in such a rubbish way after having an undefeated streak is a direct message from Vince to NXT, and that message is I don't give a damn about you!, Also did anyone notice that when Charlotte was mentioning her title reigns she didn't include her NXT one.

Riddle having a segment with John Cena is a cool moment for him, Keith Lee returned and lost to Lashley in a non title match, then Goldberg challenged Lashley, McIntyre almost killed a man with a steel chair.

Still no Becky Lynch but when Charlotte was given her promo the fans were chanting for Becky, Charlotte responded by saying 'Becky is breastfeeding whilst I'm dominating the women's division', Becky then tweeted out saying 'Breastfeeding at home and still the most over women in the division'. :lol:

Good show last night with plenty happening.

The issue was they booked Karrion Kross and Jeff Hardy into a corner by pairing up a debut and return hype in the same match. Difficult to make either look good.

However in saying that I think debuts have too much expectations from fans and WWE does hear. A loss isn't a burial, not even a debut loss is burial. Not every NXT call up has to guns blaze into the main event and threaten higher ups. They just need a storyline for us to get invested in and that takes time. I'd wait to see where they are going with Kross without shouting Burial as it could lead to something.

Also doesn't help NXT targets a completely different demographic of wrestling fans it hardly gets NXT talent for the audience that buy all the merch. NXT is a great show on its own but it clearly isn't working to get people ready for the main roster

Last edited:
Rumours and reports that say CM Punk is in talks with AEW for and in-ring role, Daniel Bryan too!

Back