Does improving body rigidity help drag times?

Last time I ran, it didn't make a difference. Been a few updates since I did, so let's see if someone else chimes in on the subject...

I think it is a waste of credits. I have never done this to any of my cars and I can keep up with the best guys.

I think OP is referring to .00x differences? You'll never catch that online @jdiaz092009

Just slap an auto tune and chase your ghost on SSRX. @The Chosen One
Well.. Kinda.
I've done a test in a certain car with and without the chassis upgrade.
Without: 8.7xx seconds
With: 8.6xx

Obviously very minute, and also this was done with one car.
But I might be heading somewhere, just not now.

Online, same tune(same rims and GT auto etc...) and alot of runs, is the only way to really tell. As far as trying to get a exact time... No disrespect but you have a better chance of winning the lottery.

#howeveryouspellpleceboeffect

Last edited:
Online, same tune(same rims and GT auto etc...) and alot of runs, is the only way to really tell. As far as trying to get a exact time... No disrespect but you have a better chance of winning the lottery.

#howeveryouspellpleceboeffect
I wasn't going for an exact time, I actually forgot to mention I did a few runs and the xx's were there because I couldn't get an exact definite time.

@YN89 has it right in my view.

Use a car that runs best in auto.

Buy 2 of them. Setups the same, just one with the body rigidity.

Take it on X and save the replay. Then, use the other car and see if there is a difference.

Of course run it a few times for both to make sure it wasn't a fluke run..

I wasn't going for an exact time, I actually forgot to mention I did a few runs and the xx's were there because I couldn't get an exact definite time.
That's my point, it's impossible to pause at exactly 1/4mi. So the result will never be accurate.
.01 in the reaction to pause can change .69x to .70x.

Last edited:
I wouldn't exactly worry about trying to see a time difference between the two cars. Just look for a slight shift of ghost between you and the test car.

Let's not forget though connection > tune so...

Black screen launch. Holding the gas as soon as the speed test starts in GT5.

And on top of what Jez said, you have to line up in exactly the same spot.

Back