Does the MOMO FF work?

• Thread starter jmr
  • 36 comments

jmr

Hey guys I got an important questions for ya. Do we MOMO FF owners ( the red one ) need to buy a new wheel in order to play our favourite game with a wheel? Does anyone already have tested it?

Originally posted by Soman
I think any wheel that works on ps2 normally should work on gt4 prologue....

The reason why I am a little worried is, that just the blue GT Force wheel worked with the GT4 Prius version. Unfortunatelly the MOMO FF did not work. :odd: :confused:

I've read from a local (Hong Kong) newsgroup that a guy complained about GT4P not able to use his MoMo Force.

May be it really doesn't support anything other than GT Force and GT Force Pro.

Originally posted by maskrider
I've read from a local (Hong Kong) newsgroup that a guy complained about GT4P not able to use his MoMo Force.

May be it really doesn't support anything other than GT Force and GT Force Pro.
C'mon, they can't be that mean? :rolleyes:

It should work with the full GT4, PD arn't going to spend time (which is money by the way) making rival wheels work for GT4P (which is a glofyfied demo no matter how you look at it), if it didn't work for GT4 though I'd be very suprised.

Originally posted by live4speed
It should work with the full GT4, PD arn't going to spend time (which is money by the way) making rival wheels work for GT4P (which is a glofyfied demo no matter how you look at it), if it didn't work for GT4 though I'd be very suprised.
But the Momo FF is a Logitech wheel, it just isnt a PS2 wheel, but can be used with GT3 because of USB. I would think it would work for GT4 as well, normally when software progresses its supposed to be even more compatible, I dont see why it wouldnt be the same with GT4 compared to GT3.

The red MOMO force is not a PS2 wheel. It is a PC wheel that just happens to work with GT3. Whether it will work with GT4 is unknown until GT4 comes out and we try it.

Supposedly the GT Force/Wingman Formula Force GP and the red MOMO use the exact same drivers and are automatically compatiblle with with any game that supports at least one of them. I dont have my MOMO with me but I do have the Wingman and it is fully functional with GT4:P

Wingman team
Using Logitech® PC Force Feedback Wheels on the PlayStation®2

The PC Force Feedback products are not sold or supported for use on a PlayStation® 2. However, some of these products will have limited functionality on PlayStation® 2. For example:

Logitech® MOMO® Force and Logitech® Formula™ Force GP will work with many of the same games as the Logitech® GT Force™ wheel.

Logitech® MOMO® Racing will work in some newer racing games, but will not work in old games such as Gran Turismo 3.
http://www.wingmanteam.com/files/documents/webfaqs/ps2faq/ps2faq.htm

Originally posted by Gek54
Supposedly the GT Force/Wingman Formula Force GP and the red MOMO use the exact same drivers and are automatically compatiblle with with any game that supports at least one of them. I dont have my MOMO with me but I do have the Wingman and it is fully functional with GT4:P

Well unfortunatelly it does not work with GT4 Prologue. :( This is ****ty moneymaking. :mad:

Now I got confused...

Can anyone tell me for sure if the Wingman Formula Force GP (the red wheel) works with GT4 Prologue ??

Thanks

I really don't care if the MOMO works with GT4P but PD better make it work with the full version. If it doesn't then THAT would be *****y! How many wheels do they want us to buy! :confused: One for each game.:rolleyes:

im rdy not to buy gt4 if it doesnt support my momo force (red). simple as that. no matter how it hurts me and doesnt hurt them at all. a matter of principle. i dont like being conned by dirty tactics (if thats the case).

Originally posted by kidcodea
im rdy not to buy gt4 if it doesnt support my momo force (red). simple as that. no matter how it hurts me and doesnt hurt them at all. a matter of principle. i dont like being conned by dirty tactics (if thats the case).

Originally posted by daan
The red MOMO force is not a PS2 wheel. It is a PC wheel that just happens to work with GT3.
You are not being conned. The Red MOMO Force was not supposed to work with the PS2 and GT3. It just did. So all us red MOMO force owners are using a wheel for GT3 that we are not supposed to be using!

So don't buy GT4 if you don't want to but have you heard the phrase, "cutting off your nose to spite your face"? I'll be buying GT4, and if I need to get a new wheel, then I'll need to get a new wheel, and I will get a new wheel.

I'll be buying GT4, and if I need to get a new wheel, then I'll need to get a new wheel, and I will get a new wheel.
So speaks the spokesman of "the Willing Victims of Sony's Dirty Marketing Tricks" ... :lol:

If Sony, PD, Logitech or whoever decide to rip us off, then they will. That happens in the console world all the time.

Buy this new console, it's only £$xx!! but to use it you have to buy this controller. And you'll need this memory card and this cable to connect it to your TV.

And then you buy another console 'cos it's only £$xx but to use it you have to buy that controller. And you'll need that memory card and that cable to connect it to your TV.

Welcome to the world. :(

I'll also confirm that the MOMO does not work with GT4P.
900 degrees of rotation was enough for me to buy the new wheel!
It's truly an innovation and amost required to get maximum feel from the game.

If Sony, PD, Logitech or whoever decide to rip us off, then they will.

Welcome to the world. :(
Yes, I know, you're right.
It is the same with music.
They happily develop and sell us mp3-players, to attack us later because we download from the net "and because we make CD sales decrease by doing so" :odd:

Originally posted by TeamToyotaPrius
I'll also confirm that the MOMO does not work with GT4P.
900 degrees of rotation was enough for me to buy the new wheel!
It's truly an innovation and amost required to get maximum feel from the game.

You realise 900 degrees of rotation is completely unecessory, car wheel (not the sterring wheel) never turn more than 90 degrees left or right there for you only need to be able to turn it 180 degrees in any direction or at best 360 in both directions if you want realy control... But think how much that'd piss you off having to turn one whole revolution to take the last hairpin at Midfield... What im saying is there's a reason they invented power-steering.

Originally posted by Crayola
You realise 900 degrees of rotation is completely unecessory, car wheel (not the sterring wheel) never turn more than 90 degrees left or right
They don't ven turn 90 degree's, if your driving a car along and the front wheels turn 90 degrees you mess up the mounts and suspension.

Originally posted by Crayola
You realise 900 degrees of rotation is completely unecessory, car wheel (not the sterring wheel) never turn more than 90 degrees left or right there for you only need to be able to turn it 180 degrees in any direction or at best 360 in both directions if you want realy control... But think how much that'd piss you off having to turn one whole revolution to take the last hairpin at Midfield... What im saying is there's a reason they invented power-steering.

The point here is that some cars come without power steering. Many road cars don't have power steering. Many people are used to driving cars without power steering. The idea is that such a person should be able to play this game immediately with this wheel, and that you'd have a realistic driving experience even in a stock car without powersteering.

Sounds like great fun to me. Of course for racing you don't need it really, but it adds to the realism to drive with 900 degrees (which many normal street cars have). I know Flinx drives with about 15 degrees each way, so you definitely don't need 900 degrees to be fast, that's not the point. :D Although, having said that, with very slow cars it doesn't matter so much, you have plenty of time to turn them and it becomes more important to drive very smooth lines. :D

And then you buy another console 'cos it's only £$xx but to use it you have to buy that controller. And you'll need that memory card and that cable to connect it to your TV.

Welcome to the world. :( [/B]

Hmmm. It's not that bad with sony at least - thanks to its USB support you can at least share a wheel between the PC and the PS2 - even the new Driving Force Pro works with the PC without any problems I just read. :D Sony is as far as I know the only one with USB support for devices (keyboards, mice, wheels, lightguns) that can be used both on the PC and the PS2. In that respect, Sony could've been a lot worse.

I never expected the MoMo to work with GT4 Prologue to be honest, and that's why I waited with buying anything else than the Wingman FF GP I already had until the new wheel was released. The fact that the MoMo had to be recalibrated every time it was connected convinced me that it was true that the MoMo was never truly supported and it was just sheer luck that it happened to work more or less with GT3. I'll try to wait a little while longer still before I buy the Driving Force Pro and see what issues pop up with that one, but I'm not sure how long I can manage that ... :D

Originally posted by Arwin
The fact that the MoMo had to be recalibrated every time it was connected convinced me that it was true that the MoMo was never truly supported and it was just sheer luck that it happened to work more or less with GT3.
It's the same every time I deconnect/connect it to the PC.
This is my first wheel, so I'm not sure if that's normal or not.
Don't other wheels have to be recalibrated at every connection then?

Originally posted by live4speed
NO a wheel should have to be recalibrated every time.

Bull****. GT remembers the calibration settings for all supported wheels and some PC games do too, for some wheels. The only time that I have to recalibrate my wheel for GT3 (Wingman FF GP) is when I'm playing on someone else's PS2 at an iLink event who is also using a supported wheel (like GT Force or Driving Force) and he's used a different calibration setting.

Back