Does the MOMO FF work?

• Thread starter jmr
  • 36 comments
My bad, I was meant to say shouldnt have to not shoul have to.:eek: .

Nice to know. I'll be welding a set up with a seat for my MoMo Force steering wheel the coming holiday.

I'll check it out then. Thanks!

Ok, first off.. cars with power steering still have over 2 turns of lock. This isnt a way to gear down the force required to turn the wheels, its so you wont make steering inputs too quick/large, but can still park.

Race cars do have power steering, mostly the heavier ones, like v8 supercars, DTM, FIA GT, and WRC.. to name a few.

The application in a racing game for such a large rotation would be mainly for drifting, or rally.. any place where large steering angles are needed whilst still giving great accuracy, without the sacrifice of speed sensitivity or non-linearity (both are horrible things, and both feature in GT3).

WRC cars don't have that many degree's lock to lock, I've sat in one. Some race cars do have power steering but they still have a much lesser degree lock to lock than a road car, you looking at little over 180 degrees.

Race cars run less lock but they also run a lot less steering angle. The net result is you get the accuracy of having a 900 degree wheel with full steering angle.

My point is that real cars that have power steering dont have small lock, as power assistance isnt replacing the gearing of the steering wheel. There are many ways you could reduce the weight of the steering without changing the gearing of the wheel.

Real cars have the lock (and wheel angle) to make them stable at speed and still able to park (or powerslide), end of story.

Of course, the new BMW power steering has a dynamic steering rate (speed sensitivity) so at higher speed large inputs yeild small wheel movement, yet you can still comfortably park the car with 180 degrees lock to lock.

Oh, man, I'm about to cry... wtf? All of my driving games support MOMO, GT3 and Concept, but Prologue doesn't? That's very lame... Oh MY...!I am soooo Upset :(

Latest Posts

Back