Does using a clutch pedal make you quicker?

• Thread starter VeeDoubleU
  • 100 comments
I tried today the clutch pedal while upshifting with the paddels... from third to fourth... landed in N. I was not really fast that way... :D

Same here, yesterday morning I was trying with Megane Trophy in Race A qualifying, but it seems that clutch works in way that you have to press and release to be able to shift, what is, not something that will give you advantage...

It's so weird that they don't want to add proper clutch working and settings for it.
Settings - manual with clutch

Same here, yesterday morning I was trying with Megane Trophy in Race A qualifying, but it seems that clutch works in way that you have to press and release to be able to shift, what is, not something that will give you advantage...

It's so weird that they don't want to add proper clutch working and settings for it.
Settings - manual with clutch
You can do it really fast though

I can do all of that in half the time the revs drop for the next gear

You can do it really fast though

I can do all of that in half the time the revs drop for the next gear

What is the proper steps in GTS in slow motion?
1) release the throttle (If so, need to release to zero input before next step?)
2) press and hold clutch
3) shift gear
4) release clutch
5) throttle (can this done together with step 4?)

Sometime GTS do not register the gear change and leave the gear at N, but I don’t know which part went wrong.

What is the proper steps in GTS in slow motion?
1) release the throttle (If so, need to release to zero input before next step?)
2) press and hold clutch
3) shift gear
4) release clutch
5) throttle (can this done together with step 4?)

Sometime GTS do not register the gear change and leave the gear at N, but I don’t know which part went wrong.
Exactly that. For one, yes you need to be completely off the throttle. That's mainly the reason why I get mis shifts. For number 2, the clutch must be 100% depressed. This is why many people are disappointed with GTS' clutch system, since it's apparently (apparently because I've never driven yet) unrealistic and you should be able to change gears without fully depressing the clutch. I think this is where most people get mis shifts. And you can't do 4 and 5 either simultaneously, since that would end up in N, another common mistake.

Exactly that. For one, yes you need to be completely off the throttle. That's mainly the reason why I get mis shifts. For number 2, the clutch must be 100% depressed. This is why many people are disappointed with GTS' clutch system, since it's apparently (apparently because I've never driven yet) unrealistic and you should be able to change gears without fully depressing the clutch. I think this is where most people get mis shifts. And you can't do 4 and 5 either simultaneously, since that would end up in N, another common mistake.

Thanks for clarification. I will test it, but it seems much unrealistic... for a real racing simulator....

Thanks! I think I done wrongly on all three common mistakes and thus cannot find the single part that went wrong.

Thanks for clarification. I will test it, but it seems much unrealistic... for a real racing simulator....
The problem is that GT considers the clutch as a button and not as an axis and it get's confused when other stuff happens at the same time.
Basically the thing is the clutch-"button" only enables the shift when throttle is 0.

Are clutch kicks possible in GTS?

I remember the clutch functioned this same way in GT5. I have been practicing but still seemingly miss a gear for no reason, then when I'm trying to ram it back into gear I miss 2 or 3 more shifts and lose tons of time on the straights. So satisfying to nail a great upshift though.

I did about 15 laps with both, haven't tested with times since but I use it as much as possible now it's a quicker gear change going up the gears

Back