DR DOWN! For top 5 finish??

Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
United States
In Sport Mode Daily Races I finished 5 out of 14 and 6 out of 13. Lost DR points in both! Also lost 20 SR for one race where I was wrecked and bumped one or two people. Wtf is happening to this game!? Instead of updates making it better it’s getting insane and so undrivable it’s almost time to just trash it and go to ANY other driving game.

DR I believe only goes up if you're clean AND finish in a higher position than you were already placed at. If you bump people your DR and SR will go down

In Sport Mode Daily Races I finished 5 out of 14 and 6 out of 13. Lost DR points in both! Also lost 20 SR for one race where I was wrecked and bumped one or two people. Wtf is happening to this game!? Instead of updates making it better it’s getting insane and so undrivable it’s almost time to just trash it and go to ANY other driving game.

I JUST got 40 DR for 5th finish out of 14 and beat 3 equal level DR. Omfg dude this game needs a petition to change or ban playing it.

DR I believe only goes up if you're clean AND finish in a higher position than you were already placed at. If you bump people your DR and SR will go down

You may be exactly right but that is not how it was rated. A week ago I could have SR go down and DR go up for any top half finish. I don’t agree door number maters... but wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see your concern. Unfortunately PD doesn't really like to communicate and probably won't tell us exactly how their rating algorithms work. So the best you can do is race clean, and finish better than where you started.

I've all but given up racing with my main account both from the unfair penalty system and the fact that the only way I gain DR when doing Daily Race A or B is finishing first. I've finished second multiple times to drivers with max 75,000 DR and still lose DR while I have mid 60,000s DR.
I made an alternate account though and race how I want without worrying about ratings and that is still fun sometimes.

Sometimes even racing clean doesn’t work. If you lift even slightly to avoid chaos unfolding in front of you, someone will ram you from behind, and you lose SR for that. It’s really frustrating, but what can you do?
Quit weekly races. I quit quite a while ago and that decision looks better and better all the time:dopey:

All I do is FIA Manufacturing, that is easily enough for me.

I cry and throw my g29 out the window

Yelling at the tv and online threats to ban their game for me.... crying later

Sometimes even racing clean doesn’t work. If you lift even slightly to avoid chaos unfolding in front of you, someone will ram you from behind, and you lose SR for that. It’s really frustrating, but what can you do?

I don’t see why they can’t takw out penalties for getting hit in the rear or for screwing up a turn avoiding a moron and hitting a wall at 160mph... I mean come on the “penalty” is I lost 7-10 seconds wrecking myself!

I've all but given up racing with my main account both from the unfair penalty system and the fact that the only way I gain DR when doing Daily Race A or B is finishing first. I've finished second multiple times to drivers with max 75,000 DR and still lose DR while I have mid 60,000s DR.
I made an alternate account though and race how I want without worrying about ratings and that is still fun sometimes.

That’s flat unbelievable. Wow. Just a joke they think this in ANY way simulates racing. For gods sake (as I’ve said before) we don’t even know the specific “rules” for how to progress in sport mode.

Easy explanation about the DR. There was much more "worse" players in the race than you so finishing even 5th out of 14 could result in this.

Its not uncommon in Daily Races for a 2nd place finish to result in a DR Drop for me. the higher you go, the harder it gets, other peoples DRs in the lobby and finishing position are the only 2 things that factor DR. Your starting position is entirely irrelevant.

That’s flat unbelievable. Wow. Just a joke they think this in ANY way simulates racing. For gods sake (as I’ve said before) we don’t even know the specific “rules” for how to progress in sport mode.

That's funny because I know exactly how to progress in Sport Mode: Finish ahead of other players. It's really that easy.

If you keep your SR at S, and continually finish in the top 5, you'll always be raising ranks, all the way up and in to A+.

You're literally quoting people who's DR is so high ito A+ the only option they have is to finish in 1st place or lose DR. This is an absolutely minuscule amount of players. Are you one of them? clearly not. So why are you complaining? You'll probably NEVER have this problem in your GT Sport career.

You can get to A+ with an average finishing rank of like 7-8. That's very generous.

I believe people have figured out the algorithm and how it works exactly.

But basically the higher your DR gets the higher you need to finish to keep improving your DR. If you are nearing the 75K cap you you have to win or you'll lose DR most of the time.

DR I believe only goes up if you're clean AND finish in a higher position than you were already placed at.
Both of these pieces of information are absolutely wrong.
If you bump people your DR and SR will go down
As is this, to a certain extent.

The only thing DR cares about is your finishing position. In order for DR to increase, you need to finish ahead of a sufficient number of drivers of a sufficiently high rating to offset the number of and rating of the drivers you finish behind. The higher you finish, and the more higher-rated drivers you finish ahead of, the better. Generally you will want to finish in the top half of the field to gain DR, but this can be affected by the rating of the drivers behind and ahead of you - sometimes you won't need to be top half, sometimes you'll need to be much higher.

How clean you are does not affect DR. How many places you gain does not affect DR (at least by itself). How many people you bump, or don't bump, does not affect your DR (to a certain degree). DR can be dragged down if you hit enough people, or drive sufficiently badly, to bring your SR at least two levels below your DR. That's what's known as a DR "reset" - the game resets your DR to a given value once your SR falls too low.

In Sport Mode Daily Races I finished 5 out of 14 and 6 out of 13. Lost DR points in both!
I JUST got 40 DR for 5th finish out of 14 and beat 3 equal level DR.
Equal level perhaps, but not equal score. The game calculates DR gain and loss from the raw DR score.

Sixth out of 13 is only just in the top half. If there are lower-rated drivers ahead of you, you'll likely not gain DR. Fifth out of 14 is two places into the top half, but again, if there are lower-rated drivers ahead of you, you'll likely not gain DR.

Also lost 20 SR for one race where I was wrecked and bumped one or two people.
Every contact will affect your SR. Every contact. Avoid being "wrecked" (this is in the Racing Etiquette videos - watch out for people who are driving badly and stay out of their way) and avoid bumping anyone.

https://www.gtplanet.net/unravelling-mysteries-gt-sports-driver-rating-system-improve/
https://www.gtplanet.net/improve-maintain-good-sportsmanship-rating-gt-sport/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back