Drag tunes

  • Thread starter Thread starter bigal9120
  • 363 comments
  • 31,950 views
Well, I'm too young to have heard of it…yet.
Too young?
It's just a (very common) shortcut.

But I imagine chinese is veeeeeerrryyyy different.
 
I have a nissan gtr specv 09 and i have some not very good setings for 1/4mile so i need some help for that!!

Snappylance

You should check out the Grease Monkey Engineering thread they have a great tune for the nissan gtr spec-v 1/4 mile drag
 
Dr. Slump are you using mid-range turbo for your Samba? We can try it this weekend if you're about :P
 
Sorry I missed the post. I'm using Mid-range for TGTT - High range would definitely win SS7 tho...
Damn! I had a look to the left and...... are you really Biffington? :scared:
You're already on my friend list since a long time!
 
Oho, biffington, saw you yesterday, you had really good tuned cars bro (y)
 
Cheers mate, I've spent a long time draggin so I've had plenty of practice!
 
Ok, one question. Does the car's performance get affected by how many runs it has done before you quit to the room's main screen? Because I've noticed, particularly with my Veyron, that with every run I make, its performance- especially the launch- changes ever so slightly. The peak of its performance is on the 3rd (or was it 5th…hmm…) run, where my time in the tunnel was down to just over 30 seconds (I think) as opposed to 32 seconds. Is this to do with the tyres warming up and then gradually wearing out?
 
If tyre wear is on it can make a difference to launches etc. Light blue tyres generally are better than dark blue as well - think it makes a minute difference but shouldn't be a whole 2 seconds!
 
If tyre wear is on it can make a difference to launches etc. Light blue tyres generally are better than dark blue as well - think it makes a minute difference but shouldn't be a whole 2 seconds!
It was off, so it can't be that. Though I do remember looking at the tyres at launch. I do remember the 3rd run having no tyre smoke at all when the 1st, 4th and 5th all had some level of smoke from the rears. I'll have to do that run again to get a quick 'analysis' of it. And don't take my word for it! I was just estimating. I'm no human stopwatch :D

Edit: I stand corrected.
1st run: Dark blue, Red, white, pale blue.
2nd run: Dark blue, white, pale blue.
3rd run: Not-as-dark blue, red, white, pale blue

So I think it's the second run that can get the cleanest launch…though with a hooligan like me, the burnouts and donuts I do to turn around could be a cause for the tyre wear inconsistencies…
 
Last edited:
It was off, so it can't be that. Though I do remember looking at the tyres at launch. I do remember the 3rd run having no tyre smoke at all when the 1st, 4th and 5th all had some level of smoke from the rears. I'll have to do that run again to get a quick 'analysis' of it. And don't take my word for it! I was just estimating. I'm no human stopwatch :D

Edit: I stand corrected.
1st run: Dark blue, Red, white, pale blue.
2nd run: Dark blue, white, pale blue.
3rd run: Not-as-dark blue, red, white, pale blue

So I think it's the second run that can get the cleanest launch?though with a hooligan like me, the burnouts and donuts I do to turn around could be a cause for the tyre wear inconsistencies?
Tire wear?
It's just the temperatur of your tires, like IRL. Warm tires have more grip.
 
^ Agree. Color has nothing to do with the tires life. In the tires display the tires are setup like a life bar and will decease over time.
 
Ok ppl, can we add a few more obnoxious ***** to the blacklist? Again on Indy - seems to be the home of rude ego morons. You get vote-kicked if you don't constantly ghost for them, lol. Slave-tastic. Forget about trying to race!


Names:

fudgelbudlekins
SEAHAWK_88
shadowingraven

The host was pigpen55, and to be fair I didn't have any beef with him but the others all seemed to be his clan mates...
 
Last edited:
Ok ppl, can we add a few more obnoxious ***** to the blacklist? Again on Indy - seems to be the home of rude ego morons. You get vote-kicked if you don't constantly ghost for them, lol. Slave-tastic. Forget about trying to race!


Names:

fudgelbudlekins
SEAHAWK_88
shadowingraven

The host was pigpen55, and to be fair I didn't have any beef with him but the others all seemed to be his clan mates...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5800244#post5800244

:D
 
Hey everyone, I have a nicely tuned 750bhp ZZII, if anyone is up for a 1/4 mile drag, just pm me and we can sort summin out?
 
Hey everyone, I have a nicely tuned 750bhp ZZII, if anyone is up for a 1/4 mile drag, just pm me and we can sort summin out?

750? Are you just rounding up on numbers? I've only seen 743
 
I want screenshot as proof. I have two ZZII's with less than 200 miles from the UCD and it's 743.

My ZZII was 743 aswell and it had 100miles!
 
Its 743 hp, thats it, but people tend to round the sum up like 745 etc..
 
*Correction, its 743. I swear it was 744...
 
Back