Dragon Trail International Raceway-Seaside and Blue Moon Bay Speedway Showcase

I had this thought as well. The ribbon layout is pretty sweet, but there are some big stops that by modern FIA standards should have BIG gravel pits or tarmac runoff. They have a bit, more than is usual for Polyphony, but nowhere near enough that the track would ever receive any sort of certification in real life. People would die.

Unfortunately, this is going to be to everyone's detriment once the damage system gets turned on. I feel like Polyphony haven't actually spent much time racing online with a real damage system, they're still designing around the traditional bumper cars philosophy. At this rate the game may actually be better off with no damage system at all, although that kind of shoots down any claim to realistic motorsport simulation that it might have.
I'd be fine with them not having any damage at all. It's just frustrating in a game like this anyways.

Plus Gran Turismo hasn't ever been a 'realistic motorsport simulation' and GT Sport isn't gonna change that. So much of what they're doing is still 'classic GT' and very much on the sim-lite side of things. Which is ok. You can still have a good, competitive online situation without being a hardcore simulator.

In my opinion, after driving multiple laps on it, Dragon Trail is one of the least attractive original tracks PD have created so far.

Not a big fan of Blue Moon Bay either, seems to be horrible for online racing. If I'm not mistaken, staying high is by far the fastest way around the track, but does provoke crashes.

I thought the city part of dragon trail was too bland, I also think the whole track needs a little more flare to make it stand out, maybe even more elevation change, but I like the track itself. Blue moon bay had good banking and very good detail with The buildings and the nature around it, it seems like a very good addition as a fast paced track yet you also need to watch what your doing carefully.

Last edited:
In my opinion, after driving multiple laps on it, Dragon Trail is one of the least attractive original tracks PD have created so far.

Not a big fan of Blue Moon Bay either, seems to be horrible for online racing. If I'm not mistaken, staying high is by far the fastest way around the track, but does provoke crashes.
Hello Dr, long time. I agree with you. Dragon tail is nice and fun , just don´t like the huge kerb in the first chicane , only for 4wd, and also the second chicane, same problem. Normal kerbs or not at all between the walls would be a lot better. Just like Monaco.

The Blue Moon Bay track has a nice tropical atmosphere, owing to few coloured road surfaces, palms, and big fence. It reminds me of tracks in Australia where they run V8 events. The layout itself should allow for great competitions as well, the straights aren't too long or too short, and you have three types of gentle corners, just enough to prevent monotony and make racing pleasantly challenging.

But is it really true that taking outside lines make you faster? How is that possible?

Some corners on the Dragon track feel a bit undefined, almost like they lack more curving or length. It could be a perception issue though. All in all, it's an interesting track, good environment.

Surprised that Dragon Trail doesn't seem to be finished, those empty grandstands seemed almost eerie in the video.

Those kerbs look crazy and at one point with the chase cam the driver gets directly on top of it and rides it for a bit lol.

Surprised that Dragon Trail doesn't seem to be finished, those empty grandstands seemed almost eerie in the video.

Those kerbs look crazy and at one point with the chase cam the driver gets directly on top of it and rides it for a bit lol.
I'm hoping it is a creative decision to keep the grandstands empty for that specific time of day. At least, they should have it that way for one of the versions.

I was wondering if it was the requested empty grandstands during practice sessions that people requested lol.

It's just so bizarre to see empties grandstands everywhere in a racing game.
It goes against the grain. Not everything should be confetti popping off with the atmosphere of a team sporting event. It's a cliche with the notion that all these locations should be eventful, or as people like to call it, "atmosphere". Not everything should look Monaco-esque, and even still, not every racing event attracts an audience. I like the inconsistency of it.

I also like fireworks. It's too bad PD didn't produce awe inspiring firework displays for those particular locations they picked to add them in. I do like the abundant and excessive use of hot air balloons at Willow Springs. I ALSO want the ability to add neon lights to cars for those badass compilations people make out of replays. I mean, come on, we all have a little UNDERGROUND in us. That's why I find it appealing.

I got a ton of crap for suggesting that a long time ago. It's not like I want to see neon lights on a Ferrari or Pagani. Eww-ee. I shudder at the thought of it.

At 3:22

People enjoy that. That interests me. But this is gtplanet. Hardcore! Bottom-line, there's a culture beyond the "purity" of sanctioned racing. Everyone enjoys the culture they gravitated to as they grew.

Off topic and this will be ignored. Yay.

Last edited:
Not liking the new fantasy tracks much at all. Blue Moon is just insipid & mindnumbingly boring, & Dragon Tail is way too unrealistic for my tastes. Also, it's dead flat & has no character whatsoever. Still enjoyed driving on it in my Megane & setting a good time, won my first race there aswell. Overall, not impressed.

Adore Dragon Tail, only Polyphony nail fantasy tracks! Love the setting and enjoyed the little surface details as I got confident and pushed for better times. My only criticism was that the size of the road itself is good, but I think bringing it in a bit would make it a bit more exciting when I was driving around in the Evo.

Put me in a faster car though and I might think it's plenty small enough!

On that blue moon track the curbs are freaking gigantic! If physics in GTSport ever become top those babies are going to be heart breakers!
Where are the curbs on Blue Moon???

I enjoyed running the new tracks last night. The semi-Pocono is difficult in that each corner has to be approached differently, and the new road course has some points of "oops, so THAT was the braking point!" in it.... ;)

Here is my broadcast from last night. It was fun trying them out for the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=ZJRxhJjnvq4

Enjoy!

youtube made a change... if you grab the link from the Text Description, that is your Edit link.
you have to Grab the Link from the thumbnail
Any way You posted Your EDIT link..
It should be this...

You can still have a good, competitive online situation without being a hardcore simulator.

Oh, absolutely. There are any number of highly competitive online games that have no connection at all to reality.

The only thing that throws me is the FIA connection. With them involved I'd think there'd need to be at least lip service towards making the races appear visually similar to a real race, if nothing else.

But is it really true that taking outside lines make you faster? How is that possible?

Banking. Look at how the banking changes from the inside to the outside on some of the corners.
Also, exit speed. Sometimes it can be worth going further around a corner if you get down the straight faster.

Things like these are what makes oval racing more than going round in circles.

youtube made a change... if you grab the link from the Text Description, that is your Edit link.
you have to Grab the Link from the thumbnail
Any way You posted Your EDIT link..
It should be this...

Sorry. I forgot about that. I have noticed that I can't be in my creator library. I just haven't done it enough to remember.....

The one thing I wish is that there were true difficulty levels, with varying degrees of trueness to the physics. I really think that the level of accuracy to the physics in GT has always leaned towards the arcade. We shall see.

Banking. Look at how the banking changes from the inside to the outside on some of the corners.
Also, exit speed. Sometimes it can be worth going further around a corner if you get down the straight faster.
But shouldn't diving in from the outside to the inside generate more turn-in downforce than staying only on the outside? The inner lines do seem to have less banking, but force on tires should still be higher since you need tighter steering angle to clear them with the same speed. The traditional line should also give you more room for better exit speed, if you stay on the outside, you're much closer to the wall. It doesn't make sense.

But shouldn't diving in from the outside to the inside generate more turn-in downforce than staying only on the outside? The inner lines do seem to have less banking, but force on tires should still be higher since you need tighter steering angle to clear them with the same speed. The traditional line should also give you more room for better exit speed, if you stay on the outside, you're much closer to the wall. It doesn't make sense.

Turn in downforce? You what?

And no, you don't necessarily need a tighter steering angle to clear the more banked outside line than a out-in-out line of lesser banking. You're thinking like a road racer, where the banking is never anywhere near what is achieved on ovals and so at best it's a wash between running the outside line or the smoothest line.

At any given height up the (variable) banking there's a speed at which the car will follow the curve with no steering input.

You'll just have to do the math if you don't believe me. But it makes total sense if you do actually do the numbers.

I think Dragon Trail will be a good track for much faster cars. Doing it in an N300 Lotus was pretty tiresome. Agree completely with Blue Moon comments.

Back