Dragon Trail International Raceway-Seaside and Blue Moon Bay Speedway Showcase

I expect you'll be in touch with the folks at Pocono to correct their egregious error. :lol:

When in doubt break the face chart out.

faceshape.jpg

When I see Blue Moon Bay the only thing popped in my head is this :

Edit : You guys might be more familiar with this:

Also, they should use rolling start in this track, I think they can do it back in GT4 so why not?

After getting a chance to try GT Sport at a friend's house, I feel like Blue Moon Bay has more in common with Daytona USA 2's Beginner Oval than any real-life circuit and caught myself humming the song that plays when you race there:

I think we honestly need a Blue Moon appreciation thread. It's a fantastic track in my opinion, especially for hot lapping, trying to get as close as possible to the wall in 3 and get back on the power as early as possible in 1.

Dragon Trail is meh in my opinion. It is a track. Not much more than that. The braking point to turn 2 and turn 2 is probably the best part of it

I think we honestly need a Blue Moon appreciation thread. It's a fantastic track in my opinion, especially for hot lapping, trying to get as close as possible to the wall in 3 and get back on the power as early as possible in 1.

Dragon Trail is meh in my opinion. It is a track. Not much more than that. The braking point to turn 2 and turn 2 is probably the best part of it
What braking point ;)

I cant watch and hear this, that screeching tiresound is awful...destroys totally the already lousy sound. Really, nothing new there but pain for my ears.

The only thing what I think is anoying is the "whining" sound. Its a bit to much. Ortherwise the sound is much better then before. And maybe it helps when my setup is better

One off my races from today. Messy first lap but after that a close race

In the first sector of the first lap I counted 9 or 10 incidents of contact and yet your safety rating went up. Does anyone know if the game is making allowances for first lap carnage? Has anyone else experienced their SR going up after lots of first sector paint tradin'?

I cant watch and hear this, that screeching tiresound is awful...destroys totally the already lousy sound. Really, nothing new there but pain for my ears.
I can't agree with you, tires sound 100 times better than gt6, also with sound while improvement is needed its way better than GT6. The crackle, pops, and burble sound great!

Last edited:
In the first sector of the first lap I counted 9 or 10 incidents of contact and yet your safety rating went up. Does anyone know if the game is making allowances for first lap carnage? Has anyone else experienced their SR going up after lots of first sector paint tradin'?

Contact with other cars isn't dealt with as strictly as contact with walls, or going off track. It seems like any light grazing is ignored. Not sure how it's calculated, but it might have something to do with the speed difference between two cars, or the momentum involved in the contact.

Also not sure if contacts travel through other vehicles: if I'm running the same speed as a car beside me on Tokyo and squeeze them into the wall, I don't know if I receive any penalty for that.

Contact with other cars isn't dealt with as strictly as contact with walls, or going off track. It seems like any light grazing is ignored. Not sure how it's calculated, but it might have something to do with the speed difference between two cars, or the momentum involved in the contact.

Also not sure if contacts travel through other vehicles: if I'm running the same speed as a car beside me on Tokyo and squeeze them into the wall, I don't know if I receive any penalty for that.

I've made many a mistake there and I can confirm no, there isn't a penalty for that behavior.

I've been typing up a three-part observation piece for the bug report forum, there's a lot that needs fixing and re-optimizing.

One off my races from today. Messy first lap but after that a close race

That looks terrible. That's definitely not a GT I want to play. Looks like a stupid arcade game with odd physics.
Cars glitching all over the track, no penalties for corner cutting and ramming other cars...
I know it's in beta stage but... seriously? This is it? Can't believe... just sad. :grumpy:

I agree, that much contact between cars is not the quality of racing I was expecting.

I will stick to private groups, racing with people I know, and never bother with 'open' races, if that kind of nonsense isn't penalized once the game is released

I have been doing my duty, given the chance to drive the beta, to do as many of the 9 races every day that I can,
Running quali laps, the game works great.
Start a race with people together on track, and it falls apart.
I'm dealing with it for the beta.

If that behavior is rewarded, instead of penalized, it's not the good racing game they promised,
not the one I was hoping for, and it's certainly not a "real driving simulator"

Last edited:
That looks terrible. That's definitely not a GT I want to play. Looks like a stupid arcade game with odd physics.
Cars glitching all over the track, no penalties for corner cutting and ramming other cars...
I know it's in beta stage but... seriously? This is it? Can't believe... just sad. :grumpy:

Seems everybody in Europe is saddled with a high ping. I can assure you there isn't nearly as much jerkiness in the NA lobbies — my ping hasn't really fluctuated outside of the 29–33 range.

Although yeah, in terms of quality of the racing, especially in the lower classes, it's pretty crap. A lot of us make cracks about the first-corner carnage of FM6 public lobbies, but this beta is making me think that's just how it is across the genre now. Sad stuff.

Agree. Not only the place has a special atmosphere, but it demands strategic usage of drafting and cornering. So far I have watched three or four races, and all of them had some intense fights for the pole position.

In my opinion, the Isle track was really unnecessary, BMB has everything you need from an oval.

Not sure if anyone noticed this or if it is just on everyone's Half Moon Bay Track. I'm from Michigan and the outside wall had a banner painted on it Michigan Sports Car Club or something like that. I was wondering if everyone had a banner of their location.

I'll check and snap a pic if it's still there tonight.

I normally ping between 11 and 12 so I don't get none of that, and the racing has been pretty damn good. I normally just like to race offline with friends or just hot lap, but sport mode has really got me hooked. I have actually made some new friends from good intense racing. There has been bad and good racing for me, I don't think no racing game will ever have an open lobby super clean it just comes with online gaming period.

The way it goes through the 1st corner on Blue Moon Bay totally make it looks like a slot car!

I think cars should explode when they have all 4 wheels on the curbs.
Also they are too much stable in high speeds going over them (see the Monaco section at Dragont(r)ail)

Last edited:
I think cars should explode when they have all 4 wheels on the curbs.
Also they are too much stable in high speeds going over them (like in the Monaco section at Dragont(r)ail)
It does look ridiculous, flying over curbs at 120+ mph with little to no effect on the stability of the car.

It doesn't take long for people to find a way of cheating. I was racing last night on the dragons trial and was in a three-way battle, last lap, last corner and one of the guys drives into the pits. Know pit entrance is at the beginning of the straight and the finish line is halfway down the straight. Guess who finished first out the three of us.

Latest Posts

Back