Dream TheaterMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joey D
  • 65 comments
  • 3,738 views

Joey D

Premium
Messages
48,062
United States
Lakes of the North, MI
Messages
GTP_Joey
Messages
GTP Joey
Has anyone ever heard of them? There Progressive Metal and there really good. Download some of there songs and I doubt you will be disappointed.
 
Haven't heard of 'em but willing to check it out ;)
 
Originally posted by Flerbizky
Haven't heard of 'em but willing to check it out ;)

hard to believe!!! Dream Theater is one of the BEST current bands in there. and they are no nü metal zhit, neither, they make cool, in-your-face, progressive metal that takes the genre to new levels of, dare I say, intelligence. their music is way coherent and creative, and their talent as a band and as individuals, in the instrument they play, is absolutely remarkable. they dont make songs, they make music. and music that actually means something and tells you seomthing as individual songs AND as a whole. that is way hard to see today, but they pull it off perfectly.
and in a style other than the classic rock-pop where radiohead and coldplay and other such bands have made all of you believe that that one is the only genre where rock is innovating.

Cano
 
Well it looks like Cano's a fan of DT.

And I'm going to there concert here in July I just got some tickets from a friend of mine who works at the venue. Nice seats to...10th row :D
 
Originally posted by streetracer780
Well it looks like Cano's a fan of DT.

And I'm going to there concert here in July I just got some tickets from a friend of mine who works at the venue. Nice seats to...10th row :D

Now Ill HAVE to kick your ass. I CANT BELIEVE IT!!! you are a lucky guy, man.
I was going to see them a year and a half ago when they came to mexico, but ran out of money and missed it. they havent returned, and I WANT TO SEE THEEEEM!!!

Cano

lucky ¬¬ enjoy it for me will ia?
 
well there on tour so you never know they might hit up Mexico. But if case you don't I'll enjoy it for ya :D
 
i have most of there albums: Instrumental,When dream and day Unite, Images and Words, Awake, Falling into Infinity, Scenes from a Memory, A change of Seasons, Six degrees of inner Turbulence, Live scenes from New York and three unautharised live albums: Caught in a web (USA '94), Live images (New York '93) and Live at the Marquee (London, April 93)

...just wish these guys came to Aus for a tour
 
Dream Theater freaking rules. I'd love to see them in concert.
 
I'm glad there are some Dream Theater fans here.

I just picked up another one of there CD's tonight...Awake. Its really good, just like the other ones.
 
what else you got dude?
 
Ok.. Finally had a chance to chek out Dream Theater.... I'm not gonna say anymore... :grumpy:
 
hethan
these guys are great
 
Originally posted by Flerbizky
Ok.. Finally had a chance to chek out Dream Theater.... I'm not gonna say anymore... :grumpy:

You seriously didn't like them?
 
How can't you like them...hell my mom even likes em...she steals my CD's all the time.
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
You seriously didn't like them?
Sorry - but no... I will take a more serious listen, but the first impression was far from expected after this thread :)
 
well I guess if your not into music like that you wouldn't like it.
 
Originally posted by Flerbizky
Sorry - but no... I will take a more serious listen, but the first impression was far from expected after this thread :)

well everybody is entitled to their own opinion, and there is no way im gonna force the music that i enjoy onto others


...I still reckon Dreamtheater are a great band and just wish they would tour AUS
cheers
 
Originally posted by streetracer780
well I guess if your not into music like that you wouldn't like it.
I dunno.. Something about them just bugs me.. I listen to Metallica, Megadeth, oldskool Judas Priest, Eminem.. I just don't know.

But as said, I will take a second listen ;)
 
good to see someone open minded not a lot of people would do that after hearing someone, not liking it, but willing to give it another go 👍
 
Ya thats pretty good.

My Dream Theather CD's
-Awake
-Scenes from a Memory
-Six Degrees of Inner Turblence

I need some more I know but I'm low on fund at the moment.
 
I'm downloading the track called Six degrees of inner turbulence. Bloody long, but from what i'm hearing i'm liking very much. 👍

How the heck do you find out about all these great bands?
 
I was in Best Buy and descided to just buy a random CD like I do from time to time. Hey it was with gift cards so what did I care. I had heard about them before though but never listened to em. But as soon as I listened I was hooked.

And Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence is a great song of theres and yes it is long. Most Dream Theather songs are long and all of there CDs are almost 80mins.
 
Mate of mine told me about them knowing that i like instrumental kind of stuff, had a listen (Pull me under was the first track i listed too) and thought "these guys are pretty good"
so went out and bought the "Images and words" album and just went on from there

and i also like listening to tracks that are long 10+ minutes, can get a great diversity in a track that long
 
I'm glad you like em. I say there one of the better bands I've listened to.
 
I like songs that last a long time, I mean I wouldn't have my tool albums if I didn't. ;)
I downloaded another track called Metropolis part 1 (I think) but I haven't listened to it yet.

*Puts Dream Theather on his ever growing 'to buy' list*
 
Thats a good track you'll like that one to.
 
A change of seasons is also great track to listen to, 20+ minutes of great listening, and great music
 
if you guys are anywhere near one of these places go and check it out:

Dream Theater / Queensryche / Fates Warning tour
(Tour)


Mon 6/23/03 Houston, TX - Verizon Wireless
Tue 6/24/03 Tulsa, OK - Brady Theater
Fri 6/27/03 Orlando, FL - House Of Blues
Sat 6/28/03 Pompano Beach, FL - Pompano Beach Amphitheater
Sun 6/29/03 Tampa Bay, FL - Tampa Bay P.A.C.
Wed 7/02/03 Columbus, OH - Promo West Pavillion
Thu 7/03/03 Pittsburgh, PA - Amphitheater at Station Square
Fri 7/04/03 Barrie, Ontario - Barrie Molson Center
Sat 7/05/03 Montreal, Quebec - Verdun Auditorium
Sun 7/06/03 Quebec City, Quebec - Agora
Tue 7/08/03 Wallingford, CT - Oakdale Theater
Wed 7/09/03 Boston, MA - Fleet Pavillion
Thu 7/10/03 Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Art Center
Fri 7/11/03 Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach
Sat 7/12/03 Wilmington, DE - Kahuna Summerstage
Tue 7/15/03 Baltimore, MD - Pier Six
Wed 7/16/03 Cleveland, OH - Tower City Amphitheater
Thu 7/17/03 Clarkston, MI - DTE Music Theater
Fri 7/18/03 Cincinnati, OH - Annie's Outdoors
Sat 7/19/03 Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom
Tue 7/22/03 Denver, CO - Universal Lending Pavillion
Thu 7/24/03 Universal City, CA - Universal Amphitheater
Fri 7/25/03 San Diego, CA - Humphrey's **
Sat 7/26/03 Concord, CA - Chronicle Pavilion
Sun 7/27/03 Sacramento, CA - The Cove at Cal Expo
 
Thu 7/17/03 Clarkston, MI - DTE Music Theater

I'd be going :D
 
Back