Dream TheaterMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joey D
  • 65 comments
  • 3,738 views
Bastid! :p

For some odd reason the track that I thought was six degrees of inner turbulence, was actually another track called blind faith. I wish people would name their files properly. :irked:
 
ya some people need to learn
 
It's still a good tune.
I just want to know what the real 6 degrees of inner turbulence sounds like.
 
Its a really good...but long song
 
0nly 42 odd minutes worth

just wish i was over there to go to one of the shows (I like Qeensryche as well)
 
picked up the "Once in a Live time " Album yesterday, was recorded in Paris back in June 98

pretty cool live album if anyone is interested, takes my Dreamtheater album count up to 13
 
Some European date for ya's:


European Tour Dates for 2004
(Tour)


Dream Theater will be kicking off their 2004 World Tour
in January with the following dates. These shows will be
"An Evening With" (meaning no opening act).


Jan 16th Manchester, UK - Apollo
Jan 17th London, UK - Hammersmith Apollo
Jan 18th Rotterdam, Holland - Ahoy
Jan 20th Copenhagen, Denmark - KB Halle
Jan 21st Oslo, Norway - Spectrum
Jan 24th Stuttgart-Böblingen, Germany - Sporthalle
Jan 25th Brussel, Belgium - Forest National
Jan 26th Frankfurt-Höchst, Germany - Jahrhunderthalle
Jan 27th Köln, Germany - Palladium
Jan 29th Paris, France - Zenith
Jan 30th Dortmund, Germany - Westfalenhalle small version
Jan 31th Nürnberg-Fürth, Germany - Stadthalle
Feb 02th Berlin, Germany - Tempodrom
 
I checked out a few songs by them, can't say I really got into it. I don't like the guy's voice...way too 80's sounding. Plus, the guitar squeals sound really cheesy.
 
everyone to their own...
 
Dream Theatre are a great band....i went to one of thier gigs in Glasgow a few years back....supported by Manhattan Project....

DT MUST be one of the most talented rock bands of all time....every member of the band is a virtual virtuoso on thier chosen instruments....almost as good as Rush in thier heyday...
 
Big call there, from what Ive heard Rush were fantastic but have yet to listen to any of their albums yet, any suggestions?
 
Whoa, just "accuired" Images and Words (whole album) and it is great! 👍

Rush rocks too.
 
Originally posted by KosmikFool
Whoa, just "accuired" Images and Words (whole album) and it is great! 👍

Rush rocks too.

"Pull me Under" was the first Dreamtheater track I ever listened to, Metropolis is also a great track

enjoy 👍 :)
 
Hell yeah! Metropolis is the best! Don't mind the synthesizer, though. :p
 
👍 got any others or is Images the only one thus far?
 
No, Images is the only one. Once I get some cashola, I'll buy some more.
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
Big call there, from what Ive heard Rush were fantastic but have yet to listen to any of their albums yet, any suggestions?

Hi Bollocks, i have a few rush albums..the 80's was thier best era..i like albms like Grace under Pressure but perhaps you shoudl buy the double CD 'Chronicles', thats the best of album....gives you a broad range of thier best material...

there really great...
 
will have to check it out, thanks for the info 👍
 
OMG i cant believe this...other ppl that love dt. I am like one of the Hugest fans of DT. if u dont believe in them check out the songs This dying soul, Paradigm shift, Glass prison and Dance of eternity. thats one a few of tere amasing songs. dont forget to check out there side project Liquid Tension Experiment too there just as sick!!!
DT KICKS A$$
(i kno its a little late but i had to wright something)
 

Attachments

  • dreamtheater.jpg
    dreamtheater.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 50
Originally posted by nosechunks
... Paradigm shift ...

I might be wrong here, but isn't that one a Liquid Tension Experiment song? Almost the same members though so I guess...ah, nevermind. :)
 
I just want these guys to come to AUS

US 2004 tour dates:
Date Location Venue
Tue Mar 02, 2004 Seattle, WA Moore Theater
Wed Mar 03, 2004 Portland, OR Roseland Theater
Fri Mar 05, 2004 San Francisco, CA Warfield Theater
Sat Mar 06, 2004 Los Angeles, CA The Pantages Theater
Sun Mar 07, 2004 San Diego, CA Spreckels Theater
Mon Mar 08, 2004 Phoenix, AZ Celebrity Theater
Thu Mar 11, 2004 Denver, CO Paramount Theater
Sat Mar 13, 2004 Minneapolis, MN State Theater
Mon Mar 15, 2004 Kansas City, KS Uptown Theater
Wed Mar 17, 2004 St. Louis, MO American Theater
Thu Mar 18, 2004 Milwaukee, WI Eagles Ballroom
Fri Mar 19, 2004 Chicago, IL Riveria Theater
Sat Mar 20, 2004 Cleveland, OH Agora Theater
Mon Mar 22, 2004 Detroit, MI State Theater
Tue Mar 23, 2004 Greensburg (Pittsburgh), PA The Palace Theater
Thu Mar 25, 2004 Toronto, Ontario Massey Hall
Fri Mar 26, 2004 Quebec City, Quebec Le Capitole
Sat Mar 27, 2004 Montreal, Quebec Metropolis
Mon Mar 29, 2004 Washington, DC 9:30 Club (NEW)
Tue Mar 30, 2004 Hartford, CT Oakdale Theater (NEW)
Thu Apr 01, 2004 Boston, MA Orpheum Theater
Fri Apr 02, 2004 Philladelphia, PA Tower Theater
Sat Apr 03, 2004 New York, NY The Theatre at Madison Square Garden
 
Originally posted by Pfffssshhh!
I might be wrong here, but isn't that one a Liquid Tension Experiment song? Almost the same members though so I guess...ah, nevermind. :)

Yea it is but its the same ppl basicly just instrumentals. and i mentioned them to whoever didnt kno of them also :)
 
I need some songs to download. I'm a big Prog. Metal fan. :)
 
Get Glasss prison, (liquid tension experiment) Paradigm shift, Dance of eternity, Acid rain (might also be LTE not sure), This dying soul, honnor thy father, and if u like it slower as well as faster then check out change of seasons its slow but gets fast and then is slow again and it does that for 23 minuites. so if u got a dialup just be ready for a long wait. There are more but i cant list them all...
 
Originally posted by Shannon
I need some songs to download. I'm a big Prog. Metal fan. :)

Better yet, buy Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, Images & Words, or A Change Of Seasons.
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
Better yet, buy Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, Images & Words, or A Change Of Seasons.
I'm broke. I just bought 3 albums yesterday! :irked:
 
Bought the new album today, Train of Thought, absolutely kick a$$, this album is a must for any Dream Theater fan, some great music plus some truely brilliant guitar playing 👍 👍 👍


EDIT: Apon checking out their web site and discography, I realise that I now own all of DT's albums:)
 
To revive a very old thread... :D

Finally got my chance to see these guys live in Aus. earlier this year on the "Systematic Chaos" world tour. Paid the big bucks and got to meet all the guys as well as have my picture taken with them

Was the best concert going night Ive ever had and being in the front row topped it off :D Was standing right in front of John Myung, absoultely phenominal bass playing. (6 string bass)

3 hours later I was just getting into the car thinking that they have to come back. Thats was a high I didnt come down from for quite a while :D

Clint
 
To revive a very old thread... :D

Finally got my chance to see these guys live in Aus. earlier this year on the "Systematic Chaos" world tour. Paid the big bucks and got to meet all the guys as well as have my picture taken with them

Was the best concert going night Ive ever had and being in the front row topped it off :D Was standing right in front of John Myung, absoultely phenominal bass playing. (6 string bass)

3 hours later I was just getting into the car thinking that they have to come back. Thats was a high I didnt come down from for quite a while :D

Clint
Glad you got to have that experience. I've seen 'em twice. Both times from crappy seats. Both times, I loved it :D
 
Dream Theater does many of the things with their music that I love to hate. I lump them in with Rush in many aspects. It's technical music with no soul. Lots of beat changing mid-song, arpeggios out the ying-yang, and musical masturbation.

I can't get into it.

(BTW - I love guitar heavy music, especially soloist stuff. So it's not like Dream Theater just isn't my taste. They're square in a genre that I love, they just don't make good music)
 
Back