Arizona
SpankifiedHiDef

1379840_535192793216232_1287605224_n.jpg

01countdown_zpse255b488.png

QUALIFYING ROOM

img.php

TOP 16 COMP ROOM

img.php

IF I AM NOT IN MY LOUNGE DO NOT ENTER UNTIL I AM, NO EXCUSES!!!

02trackbanner_zps4e627d45.jpg

1393731_543551845713660_704467236_n.jpg

03clippingpoints_zps1529b241.jpg

Reverse entries are banned! If caught you will be penalized with a instant DQ for that round and 10 championship points! DONT DO IT!

1385579_543551665713678_2141889847_n.jpg

64221_543551652380346_376675261_n.jpg

1380792_543551595713685_38612318_n.jpg

1391888_543551155713729_1055002723_n.jpg

1385804_543551159047062_1010312688_n.jpg

1381175_543551295713715_1969516335_n.jpg

1378789_543551289047049_1873704005_n.jpg

1380083_543551309047047_262479087_n.jpg

1382817_543551412380370_2061532594_n.jpg

1378365_543551435713701_894212219_n.jpg

996943_543551439047034_345419620_n.jpg

1385234_543551162380395_624408914_n.jpg

1378256_543551472380364_761762286_n.jpg

1384389_543551539047024_1380249020_n.jpg

1379902_543551545713690_778452220_n.jpg

04rules_zps76a3f2de.jpg

HP: 700
Tires: Comfort Hard
Grip: Real
Tire Wear: Fast
Drivetrain: Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive. Chassis swapped (hybrid) cars are okay. I.e. Subaru Impreza that is RWD. Noexotics i.e LFA, SLR, etc. Vehicle budget price $80,000. No concept vehicle for these vehicles are that, concepts, none production. AND PLEASE REMEMBER NO RACE CAR CHASSIS OR OVER 700HP.

05information_zps13615c8f.jpg

DRIFT BASH consists of 7 scheduled events, drivers will be allowed to change their cars after each round if needed. Drivers compete in a single elimination Top 8 bracket. Drivers individually compete head-to-head against other competitors in single elimination runs on the designated course. Competitors progress through a competition bracket and are awarded points towards the season championship. Head to head Runs are judged and scored based on a number of pre-determined criteria where the higher scoring entrant moves on to the next level of the bracket. Points are awarded based on finishing order and cumulative season points will determine the championship order.

DriverEli_zpsda0202c0.jpg

Must be registered to enter the series.

06judges_zpsa8bf6d5e.jpg

Judges will be asked to volunteer their time when event day begins.

bqqw.jpg

Qualifying will be held on Sundays. Room will open at 11AM EST and will last until 12:30pm EST. Once you enter the track and make your way to the line I will say "GO" Once i say go, you will start and the judging will begin. You will get 2 runs. Each of the 2 qualifying runs will be judged on (3) criteria's : Line, Angle, and Overall Impression. These will be judged by at least 2 judges. EAch judge will give their score best of 75 points. Both the scores will be added and divided for the average score, this will be your score for that run. Whichever run has the highest score will be your score for that round.

Line is the ideal path a vehicle must take on course and is marked by Inner Clipping Points, Outer Clipping Points, and Transition Zones. Inner Clipping Point are reference points on the course where the vehicle's front bumper should come as close as possible to the reference point. Outer Clipping Points are also reference points and scored by determining how close the corner of the vehicle's rear bumper comes to the point. Transition Zones are areas on track where the direction of the line changes and vehicles must change the direction of their drift. Scoring will be based on the execution of the transition. The drift line will be given during the drivers' meeting.

Angle measures the angle of the coming into, going through, and coming out of the corner.

Overall Impression is the general feel of the pass and how well the other three criteria were executed through the entirety of the lap. This is the most subjective criteria and judges will look for the most "excitement" that the driver can bring.

Drivers should be able to demonstrate full control of the car at all time. All drivers start with 30 points and receive deductions through the run if they fail to meet the guidelines set by the judge(s).

- 1 tire off is a strike against you
- 2 tires off is a strike against you
- 3 tires off is a 0 run
- Spinning is a 0
- Major corrections is a 0

07raceoperations_zpsc39eca0e.jpg

There will be an half-hour pre-event practicing. You will be given a 5 minute warning when practice is over to exit the track, failing to do so within the 5 minutes will result in a DNF from the event. You are all expected to be there by comp begins, If you are late (before you run, which could be first) you will get a DNF and your opponent (if there) will move on the next stage. Tire wear will be on, this means if you are up for a OMT you will be allowed to exit track (back to pits) and get back on track to reset your tires. IRL they get 5 minutes for new tires so you will get 15 seconds Then warm them up and get back to the line.

Spinouts:
Anytime a driver spins out or experiences major under-steer during a run, a 0 score will be awarded. Off Course Unless otherwise specified during the judging meetings, if at any time 3 tires or more are off course during a run, the driver will be given a score of 0.

Clipping Points:
All clipping points will be sorted on track layout. Anytime an Inner Clipping Point is hit, the vehicle will be considered to be off course, and points will either be deducted, or the driver will be scored a 0, depending on the severity of the hit. Hitting an Outer Clipping Point with anything other than the driver's rear bumper will be counted as 3 tires off course and will be scored a 0. (i.e. hitting the line with the rear tire, door, etc.) Slight contact with a wall in the Outer Clipping Zone will not result in a point deduction if the hit does not disturb or affect the course of the drivers run. This means no major corrections were needed after the hit and the driver was still able to maintain good line, speed, and angle. If the hit occurs at any other point on track other than the marked Outer Clipping Zones points may be deducted. If a spin or major under steer results from contact with an Outer Clipping Zone an automatic score of 0 will be given.

Tandem Elimination Rounds:
Tandem rounds are based on two (2) runs, in Head-to-Head format, with competitors paired up based on seeding position. The higher qualifier will lead the first run and the second led by the lower qualifier.The critical success factor is for the lead car to be able to run the course without error while being pressured by the following car. The following car is attempting to out drive the lead car. Driver consistency during a tandem battles is critical.

Lead Car:
The lead car must be able to clear the course without making any errors due to distraction or pressure by the following car trailing close behind.

Following Car:
The following car needs to run the same basic line as the lead car but may also take a higher line in order to pressure the lead driver. Taking a lower line than the lead car will result in a loss of advantage. If the lead car is off line, then the following car will gain advantage points by staying on the correct line. The following car should keep as close to the lead car as possible to gain the advantage.

Passing:
Passing is NOT encouraged during tandem battles. Passing is only allowed if the lead car fumbles, is well off line, or loses drift. Passing must be executed in a safe and professional manner. A safe pass is one that is done in such a way that the car being passed does not lose any speed after the pass is complete. Passing must be done while in drift, without interrupting the line of the car being passed and in the proper line. If a pass results in contact, the passing car may be penalized.

Collisions:
In the event of contact between two cars during a tandem battle, the driver at fault will lose advantage points. Incidental contact is allowed, but not encouraged. If possible, drivers are required to complete the entire course while maintaining drift, even if the other driver crashes, hits, spins, stalls, or is not able to complete the run. Drivers are always being judged as long as they are on course.

08judging_zps7f4be282.jpg

The criteria for judging are as follows; Line, Angle, Overall Impression.

Line:
The drift line is defined as the ideal path a vehicle must take on course and is marked by inner clipping points, outer clipping points, and transition zones. Inner Clipping Point are reference points on the course where the vehicles front bumper should come as close as possible to the reference point. Outer Clipping Points are reference points are scored by determining how close the corner of the vehicle’s rearbumper comes to the point. Transition Zones are areas on track where the direction of the line changes and vehicles must change the direction of their drift. Scoring will be based on the execution of the transition. The drift line will be given when track layout is posted.

Angle:
The maximum angle at which a driver can maintain control of their vehicle without sacrificing speed.

Overall Impression:
Overall Impression is the most subjective part of the drivers runs. Overall Impression is just what it sounds like: The drivers overall ability to take the specific judging criteria and display itin the most personal way each driver can. That is the essence of style. Examples include drifting line and proximity to barriers/obstacles.

09points_zpse408d939.jpg

7957492412_9c0430feb4_m.jpg

10registration_zps349ed504.jpg

You are only allowed to choose two cars. A main car and a back up, you are no longer allowed to change after first round. Sorry.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eV757IW29wtU1yAhyHqxD-ogbfNEbw2AVKDePLXHTfo/viewform

11pointstandings_zpsc20ed552.jpg

1385530_539673982768113_891298736_n.jpg

**All judging information has been borrowed from the Formula Drift website, I do not own any of this information.

Last edited:
Registering Now!. I remember that pic when Will said I couldnt tandem a S13 in a 350.. That was fun..

fastfox400
Registering Now!. I remember that pic when Will said I couldnt tandem a S13 in a 350.. That was fun..

That s13 is me, and that z33 is not you. Lol but I know what you mean.

That s13 is me, and that z33 is not you. Lol but I know what you mean.

Actually it was me in you in your lounge with Drop5. As Twisty, Will, and Crisp were in there also.

I'll see if I can find the pictures I took form it..

am looking forward to this, will have my 135i as my backup car (non hybrid - 534 BHP)

one question though, whats the difference between the qualifying room and the top 16 room? surely you can only fit 16 in the qual room, so everyone would qualify anyway if there is a top 16 room? am just confused at how it's going to work.

Matt

am looking forward to this, will have my 135i as my backup car (non hybrid - 534 BHP)

one question though, whats the difference between the qualifying room and the top 16 room? surely you can only fit 16 in the qual room, so everyone would qualify anyway if there is a top 16 room? am just confused at how it's going to work.

Matt

Its a top 8 bracket instead of a 16 one now. Not sure though.

MattRichards96

Matt

I always got messages from people who wanted to get in the room but it was full. So qualifying will allow it to be more fair for people who either got in a lagged out and lost their spot or got online 5 minutes late and couldn't get in.

I always got messages from people who wanted to get in the room but it was full. So qualifying will allow it to be more fair for people who either got in a lagged out and lost their spot or got online 5 minutes late and couldn't get in.

so, how does this work, from what you said (sorry if im just sounding stupid) I gathered that qualifying helps people who lag out, does that mean that as soon as you have qualy'd you must leave the room so another person can join and qualify? can people who turn up late join the comp room and get in before someone who qualy'd, as that would be a bit unfair right?

I understand why qualy is there, im just still a little confused about how it is carried out etc, and what the circumstances are if someone isn't in qualy but is in the comp room.

Sorry for sounding stupid, im just a tad confused

Matt

MattRichards96
so, how does this work, from what you said (sorry if im just sounding stupid) I gathered that qualifying helps people who lag out, does that mean that as soon as you have qualy'd you must leave the room so another person can join and qualify? can people who turn up late join the comp room and get in before someone who qualy'd, as that would be a bit unfair right?

I understand why qualy is there, im just still a little confused about how it is carried out etc, and what the circumstances are if someone isn't in qualy but is in the comp room.

Sorry for sounding stupid, im just a tad confused

Matt

Okay this will be a run down of Sunday.

Room will open at 11 am est.
Room will be open for 1 an 1/2 hours or till 12:30pm est
In that hour and a half people will join the room, do their 2 qualifying runs which will be judged by me and another. Once you have done your two runs and got your score you will be asked to leave to make room for another. But stay online. Once the room has qqualified as many as it can by 12:30pm est. Qualifying will be over and no one will be allowed to qualify. I will then post the live top 16 bracket on the thread and Facebook. If you see yourself on that bracket you will need to enter the room asap.

This will help in letting everyone have an equal chance of making the room for competition. I've had, last season, people enter the room and lag out and in the time they try to Re enter the room their spot was taken by someone else. I try my hardest to make my comps as equal for everyone as possible. This is why I hold it on weekends, and so eearly in the morning for me so Europe and other countries don't have to be doing a comp at 4 am.

In qualifying you will not get a chance to practice but you will have to go straight to the line. I will have you do your two runs which both count as a score. Me and another jjudge will judge your run. We will then take both our scores and average it out. This will be your score for that run. Then you will do your second run. Same concept here to as well.

Does this make a bit more sense?

thanks for the reply, deffo makes sense now, It just confused me a little how you had a 16 spot qualy room and a top 16 comp room (which made me think that qualy would be useless as you would only have 16 people to qualy)

cant wait till next weekend now, first proper comp in the new car (got to change the tune fully aswell, seen as it was sent to me with 5 accel sensitivity and 5 initial torque, which made the hill impossible at hako's event)

So the best score out of your two runs will be your final score right?

Just like VDC yes.

Everyone: Track is now posted! Please review the clips and track map. If any questions please call but this is a pretty easy one this round. Have fun!

Hi, im real keen to join in on the season :), if that is possible. Any info on the when the next meet is on or can possibly meet up before hand to see if im skilled enough hehehe. Any reply would be much appreciated

fastfox400
Is this on saturday or sunday?

There is a countdown, and a banner like always.

DrFt_RoTa
Hi, im real keen to join in on the season :), if that is possible. Any info on the when the next meet is on or can possibly meet up before hand to see if im skilled enough hehehe. Any reply would be much appreciated

All info is in op. Join qualifying, you qualify top 16 you get to compete.

Ill be practicing tonight in my Lounge. GTA V Servers are going to be overloaded badly.

fastfox400
Sorry, i just find it easier if everything is laid out in the open. Countdowns mean i actually have to do math..

The banner says Sundays lol

Only got 14 registered drivers. Where everybody at? Did I start this season to soon?

Back