Drift with dfgt??

StockRacing42
I want to learn how to drift ive got a capuccino to start with and went with some settings i saw on here but what i see and feel the wheel is hard to turn maybe i need the g27/25 ive got the dfgt any ideas my ffb is 7

to start, a cappucino is horrible. get a s13 or a 350/370z
put some mods and set ffb to 4
make your life easier dude

someone post up a video of them driving with dfgt. and ffb settings, and car settings.

because i've seen hella videos of people using dfgt, and i refuse to believe they're using this horrible wheel. maybe i'm missing something.

someone post up a video of them driving with dfgt. and ffb settings, and car settings.

because i've seen hella videos of people using dfgt, and i refuse to believe they're using this horrible wheel. maybe i'm missing something.

Ahaha what. Horrible wheel? Sure it's loud but I love mine. Gets me sideways just fine too. A G27 isn't going to make drifting any easier (clutch kicking aside).

People don't like to accept how much time and patience goes into learning how to drift. It's harder to learn because you're not just memorizing and repeating some control input, but learning to understand the behavior of the car and stay one step ahead of it. If drifting just absolutely isn't coming together for you at all, I might suggest going back to regular driving with the goal of completely understanding grip and weight transfer, and then coming back and applying that.

If you think the DFGT is horrible than I'm guessing you would hate the G27/25 even more, if you cant drive on a wheel without a clutch and with just an up and down shifter maybe you should consider a DS3.

Hi Guys, ive finally got my DFGT setup so i thought getting this drift thing down would be quick an easy with the wheel. I was very comfortable with the wheel in forza but tis 900 degree thing is taking me by surprise!

Ik keep hesitantly initiating (with the ebrake its an immediate gonner cause i cant countersteer quick enough cause i have to turn the wheel so much) then when i slowly start getting angle. So far so good, but then comes the needed countersteer. if i give it too little; the angle keeps getting bigger till i loose it. if i give a bit more'its an hard snap into the other direction..

I sometimes feel im being to soft on the wheel; that i should just throw it around, but letting the wheel slip through my hand just doesnt seem to work and just results in the hard snap into the other direction..

I know it takes lots of practice, and that will surely be done, but id love to hear any tips any one has got. Wheel settings, all of its is more then welcome..

Havent got a mic yet but thats coming...

If you have a DFGT and are capable of drifting, please add me on PSN (ZSPaulus) and let me in on this secret!! ;)

Hi Guys, ive finally got my DFGT setup so i thought getting this drift thing down would be quick an easy with the wheel. I was very comfortable with the wheel in forza but tis 900 degree thing is taking me by surprise!

Ik keep hesitantly initiating (with the ebrake its an immediate gonner cause i cant countersteer quick enough cause i have to turn the wheel so much) then when i slowly start getting angle. So far so good, but then comes the needed countersteer. if i give it too little; the angle keeps getting bigger till i loose it. if i give a bit more'its an hard snap into the other direction..

I sometimes feel im being to soft on the wheel; that i should just throw it around, but letting the wheel slip through my hand just doesnt seem to work and just results in the hard snap into the other direction..

I know it takes lots of practice, and that will surely be done, but id love to hear any tips any one has got. Wheel settings, all of its is more then welcome..

Havent got a mic yet but thats coming...

If you have a DFGT and are capable of drifting, please add me on PSN (ZSPaulus) and let me in on this secret!! ;)

I personally almost never use the sidebrake to drift. I only seem to use it in rally driving and even then very sparingly. I feel like a lot of beginners rely on it too much because it's the easiest way to get the rear sliding...however keeping it under control is a different matter entirely. It also doesn't teach you anything about weight transfer, which is a very important part of controlling your line and avoiding snap oversteer.

Don't be afraid to throw the wheel all over the place, just be ready to steer back to neutral before your fronts get full grip. That turn from counter back to neutral is probably the most important thing to learn as you're just starting out. It'll feel weird at first because the feedback fights you all the way.

I'm going to probably be drifting a bit this afternoon/evening and messing with settings on my silvia, you'd be welcome to join and I can try to help out. I'm not a master or anything but I know my theory and do alright.

Don't have a mic though...we could use the chat or AIM or something.

If you think the DFGT is horrible than I'm guessing you would hate the G27/25 even more, if you cant drive on a wheel without a clutch and with just an up and down shifter maybe you should consider a DS3.

have you tried drifting with a g25? it's easier.

WAY EASIER.

i don't know if you guys with dfgt's have tried with g25's/g27's because the motor in those wheels seems to be a lot faster, and doesn't snap back crazy like the dfgt does. for example:

another example:

So post up your videos of you driving so we can see if you're really doing "fine" with it, or just mediocre.

And thanks for the Best Motoring driving tips, ahaha. Are you guys gonna say shift locking is a good technique, too? Lulz.

have you tried drifting with a g25? it's easier.

WAY EASIER.

i don't know if you guys with dfgt's have tried with g25's/g27's because the motor in those wheels seems to be a lot faster, and doesn't snap back crazy like the dfgt does.

And thanks for the Best Motoring driving tips, ahaha. Are you guys gonna say shift locking is a good technique, too? Lulz.

My G25 snaps around like a Mofo, its not at all clam and helpful like that guys what settings do you guys use on the wheel because i cant throw mine around like that and its really holding me back. it feels like the motors are always fighting me

Wow that little dude in the first video is cool and calm like the stig yo!
I wish i could put my sjit sideways like he can...
Second vid is too dark though; cant see sjit!

For me its hard to know how much i can let the wheel slip through my hands before needing to catch it so that it does not pull it out of the drift immidiatly. With that i mean that when i initiate and then start countersteering it usually snaps into the other direction when i let the wheel slip(spin) through my hands like that little dude from the first vid..

I get all the techniques though i havent really used all of them in Forza3. There its usually just jank that ebrake till you have angle and then slowly start building up the throttle.. But you can also do weight transfers, clutchkicks and such..

I feel its just getting used to 900 degrees instead of just 180; thats a real leap...

`Yeah many post settings on here but are they for controller or wheel???seems like everyone can drift w a remote how about a wheel???DFGT setting amateur,pro or simulation???ffb????ive tried everything read all threads there is nothing.the car a rm sylvia ,i can drift in grid i know its different but the specs on those cars are just perfect any help thanks

`Yeah many post settings on here but are they for controller or wheel???seems like everyone can drift w a remote how about a wheel???DFGT setting amateur,pro or simulation???ffb????ive tried everything read all threads there is nothing.the car a rm sylvia ,i can drift in grid i know its different but the specs on those cars are just perfect any help thanks

The dfgt is set up for this game so its not that hard. Always put to simulation. And the ffb is to your liking. And if the car is kicking back straight it hits a spot where it stops and thats where you bring the turn back a bit. I found it easy when i played it. Though i learned on lfs (live for speed).

Ok just got my DFGT and trying to drift with it is a nightmare. Does any one else drift with a table like this if so whats your secret? I think my issue is the fact the wheel is throwing the table around :grumpy:

You need to get a more stable table. I have a table similar to the one in the photo, and it's wayyy too unstable. Get yourself a wheelstand pro or a desk.

You need to get a more stable table. I have a table similar to the one in the photo, and it's wayyy too unstable. Get yourself a wheelstand pro or a desk.

I have the wheelstand pro. Used it for my MS wheel first; which was very nice..

Using is for the DFGT is not so nice as with the MS wheel. The ffb is stronger and the 900° thing makes you need to work the wheel more, and more aggresivly.. For which it is not stable enough (IMO)

But im sure its better then your wobbly table! Good luck man!

Ok just got my DFGT and trying to drift with it is a nightmare. Does any one else drift with a table like this if so whats your secret? I think my issue is the fact the wheel is throwing the table around :grumpy:

SAME EXACT TABLE AS ME! Except mine is wood...But it should be around the same weight. I hated it at first, but I have since ghetto rigged it and it works now. I put a curling bar on top (75 lbs) and 2 law books (nice and thick) and it stays weighted down. I also kind of hold the table with one hand. Hope this helps!

Hello ... Well i see many guys struggling to drift with their DFTG ... i have uploaded a video of me Drifting a Buick special 62'

and the settings are in the following thread :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=153472

To alucardunit1 u need to place something heavy on the table like i did (The Stereo) to hold it down and prevent the wheel from moving it ;p

RIPPIN! SO SICK!

can you post a video in a not-Buick and in A-Spec mode? I wanna compare!

I dont want to be a prick and rain on your vid, but its in a drfit trail.. The physics there are different from normal races aswell as online events..

To not have an unpleasent suprise i would take your drifting out of the drift trails.. You probably do already though; never mind..

Nice drifting man..

I dont want to be a prick and rain on your vid, but its in a drfit trail.. The physics there are different from normal races aswell as online events..

To not have an unpleasent suprise i would take your drifting out of the drift trails.. You probably do already though; never mind..

Nice drifting man..

I know that ... and i do take my drifting out of Drift Trials Its even easier in online mod ... in fact i only did Drift Trials for this event .

Lol aight i guess thats my answer then ill need to fashion me up a stand lol i just thought it was me that sucked at doing it but thank you all.

I just a bought a Mazda RX-7 that had the Race mod on it. it costed me 100k. But all I added was a few tune ups and that thing goes sideways well.
I use a controller btw, I got a DFGT but I can't drift with it yet.

I just a bought a Mazda RX-7 that had the Race mod on it. it costed me 100k. But all I added was a few tune ups and that thing goes sideways well.
I use a controller btw, I got a DFGT but I can't drift with it yet.

Its SOO different it took me about 3 days to even get sliding down with out spinning out

OK, all pros out there when do you know when the right time to spin the wheel back from counter steer? This timing is the only thing that keeps getting me off and I screw up.

OK, all pros out there when do you know when the right time to spin the wheel back from counter steer? This timing is the only thing that keeps getting me off and I screw up.

I kept spinning out when spinning the wheel back out of countersteer. I found it better to slowly steer it out of countersteer. Specially on the exits: full throttle and steer slowly back to the neutral position.. Sounds all wrong i know; but this way you will slowly turn the front wheels in the direction of the straight bit of road, while the car straightens out.

But if you want to transition youll need to do it a little bit.. Which is hard.

Nice drifting man..

when people drift online do they use normal "race" mode? or the specific drif modes? (with points)

sorry about my ignorance, ive not been online yet to try!

when people drift online do they use normal "race" mode? or the specific drif modes? (with points)

sorry about my ignorance, ive not been online yet to try!

We dont have a online drift mode yet so if you want to show that your good you have to go online and drift with different physics than in drift mode.

Back