Drift

no **** man, it really is impossible in the gtr. at ANY slip andgle, any braking or throttle input will cause it to spin. the evo, you can add throttle and it will beging to understeer, brakes make it oversteer, so you can balance it. my particular R34, no chance.

Opps i think it was because of me because i was downloading two videos and then i tried going there again and couldnt sorry but i saw you drift in you white evo preet cool!

:D thanks pimpsta. yeah. geocities only gives you like 10meg an hour download or something, so it's not entirely suprising, you'll have to try again later silvia.

Originally posted by oxigen_gsr
no **** man, it really is impossible in the gtr. at ANY slip andgle, any braking or throttle input will cause it to spin. the evo, you can add throttle and it will beging to understeer, brakes make it oversteer, so you can balance it. my particular R34, no chance.

I promise you it is entirely possible in the R34, or just about any 4WD car..... Maybe not with your current R34 setup, but nonetheless it is possible.......

Oh, and the Evo clip was better:tup:........ Now just try and get more angle with it.... You can get sick angles in GT2 with AWD's and no countersteer...........

;)

nah man, you can't get any more angle than that with that car, any more, and power or braking input spins it. it's actually a little more sideways than it looks from that camera, but hey.

nah man, you can't get any more angle than that with that car, any more, and power or braking input spins it. it's actually a little more sideways than it looks from that camera, but hey.

"sigh".... well it is possible, because I do it all the time, but hey... What do I know?.......

;)

in that case there's something you're not telling me.
when ou've got it dsideways 4wd style, you're not using steering input at all, sooooo, you must have a situation where the throttle will force understeer, and braking will force oversteer right? if you go past that angle, the throttle will cause to car to oversteer and spin, and the brakes will have the same consequence. in my video, i'm sitting right on that balance point. how would one go more sideways?

here's a clip of the mines R33 I made just then,
http://www.geocities.com/oxigen13b/GTR.mov
(copy link into your browser)
it's capable of getting quite somewhat more sideways then the lancer, but i still reckon without countersteer there's no way to go wider. if there is, do share.

Not bad, but yes you can get more angle........ You can get just about the same amount of angle with almost any AWD in the game. You just have to set the car up correctly (tuning is the key)..........

My personal favorite in GT2 is the Evo III. I just think it looks great sideways, and I have a soft spot in my heart, for small lightweight AWD cars.....

;)

here's a clip of the mines R33 I made just then,
http://www.geocities.com/oxigen13b/GTR.mov
(copy link into your browser)
it's capable of getting quite somewhat more sideways then the lancer, but i still reckon without countersteer there's no way to go wider. if there is, do share.
:lol: nice this time i pasted this link into my browser and the quicktime player thing came up and i watched it from there LOL sorry about before.:embarrassed:

drifting - more fun, less speed, more money. still worth it? hell yeah.

the energy being put into the air as sound is energy that could be used to accelerate your car.

if only they'd make a truly super-realistic video game that took air resistance, weight transfer, traction control systems, mechanical failure, etc. into account...i'm not sure if it would be the greatest driving video game ever, or totally crappy because it was so hard. either way, i'd like to see such a game.

killerdoc007 killer_doc_007 killer doc 007

Hey bla and Darin, I try to keep close of your discution on first and second pages (about the portuguese thing), so, I´m a brazilian and in the Brasil we speak portuguese, not the same but very close to the Portugal.

I know speak english (very bad, but I know), however I know almost nothing about spanish, between portuguese and spanish have a lots of diferences and is a lots easier learn to speak english than to learn spanish.

My point is portuguese are really closer of spanish (they have the same origin, birth), but is very hard to the spanish man speak portuguese and to the brazilian, portuguese mans to speak spanish!

Now to prove which I am a brazilian I will write all this stuff on the head in portuguese (beyond my terrible english, which already is a prove)(and for interested people about portuguese language, it's very fan!!!)

Ei Bla and Darin, eu tentei acompanhar a discussão de vocês na primeira e na segunda páginas (sobre o idioma português), então, eu sou um brasileiro e no Brasil nós falamos português, não o mesmo mas bem parecido com o de Portugal.

Eu sei falar Inglês (muito mal, mas eu sei), entretanto eu não sei quase nada de espanhol, a língua portuguesa e a língua espanhola tem muitas diferenças e é muito mais fácil aprender a falar inglês.

Meu ponto é que o português e o espanhol são muito próximos (eles tem a mesma origem), mas é muito díficil para um espanhol falar português e muito difícil para um brasileiro ou português falar espanhol!

Agora para provar que eu sou Brasileiro vou escrever todo esse texto acima em Português (além do meu inglês terrível que já é uma prova)(e para os interessados na língua portuguesa, é muito divertido!).

Enough about the AWD "drifting". SD if you could upload a vid of techniques with a RX-7 GT-X I will worship you more than I do now. Plz i love this car but i cant seem to keep long drifts going because of I'ts want to gain traction every chance it gets like a total opposite of the RX-7 RB. It may be my settings, so if you find better settings then I would be glad to put them on my site. Thanks i hope u get that vid, SD.

Ok, i figured out why my drifts aren't as slidewayz as most would want them to be. It is because i go for the fastest way through a turn kind of drifitng. I was twin-drifitng with my bro and i noticed both our cars are exact duplicates but i went ahead almost every turn while still maintaining a cool smoke from my back tires and constant oppisite lock on the front. I would like to know if anyone else goes for style or speed when difting.

Originally posted by cryptorchild
Alright SD, i watched your adhesion break video and i noticed you were using a Savanna. Where the hell do you get a savanna?

I bought it in the used car dealership.........

;)

argh~~i try 2 drift a lot of times oredi but still cannot oh...whenever i got it, de car will either lost control or stop rite away....:banghead: anyone can teach me how 2 drift??damn...

Well, I tried drift with a friend of me, but I am too fast for him (I do speed drift in gt2), than, when I tried twin drift with him, when I am back, all is ok, but when I get the front, he can't keep up with me.

So the guy with more control, should get the back, and run in the rythm of the front, and should control the car to don't hit him.

I got the savanna, I found out it was called the Infini III and the GT-X so i bought two Infini's and a GT-X.

Ya Lancerdrifter i always tell my bro to take the front so i can try to stay in back and not hit him. Although it is not me with better control but him, see he tought me how to drift. BTW how many ppl still have their first drift car? Mine is sitting in my garage, the Silvia K's 2000cc, white with red wheels.

Ppl can do long drifts in GT2 you just need skillz.

Yay, i found out my ftp was bad so i fixed it up and now my site is back up and it has a forum so ppl from here can post. Oh yeh you have to register as a local user then send an application for Atomic D membership.

"argh~~i try 2 drift a lot of times oredi but still cannot oh...whenever i got it, de car will either lost control or stop rite away.... anyone can teach me how 2 drift??damn..."

then you havent seen me and my brother. we can drift the whole motorsports land and almost the whole rome night track. well im out this biatch!

To keep thius forum alive I'm just going to say I'm working on a new video. It won't be a Volume 3 of the Atomic D series videos, two seperate videos of me and gt2_drifter. I will try to get all my savanna's in. I will also use all the sivlias, S13, S14, and S15. And some other cars. I plan to make it at least the legnth of a 4min song.

Back