Drift

yea, modded a taurus into a nascar a while ago wen i was noob. I put the downforce all the way to the front, and lil to the back because I wanted traction on the front. unknown to me, this actually caused it to drift! haha.

when it comes to drifting... the fundamental thing is learn to shift the weight of the car.... eg. say you appraoching a tight corner followed by another tight corner facing the other way.. you can simply while drifting in one corner... let go of the accel. and while the shifts back on the other corner just hit on the accel. again to swing the other way... although it takes timing and perfect presion... though it might b mannagable for FWD to do this... practice hard on different speeds.. slow or fast...

in other words you are saying S-TURN. all it takes is to drift into one turn, and when you are at the point of switching bak directions stab the brake (regular, not E) and steer towards where you wana go, and the front will swing that way accompanied by a tail slide or drift in that direction, if you get what i mean. the best way is off accel or dynamic drift into the first turn, then brake switch into the next.

vette_7t9
in other words you are saying S-TURN. all it takes is to drift into one turn, and when you are at the point of switching bak directions stab the brake (regular, not E) and steer towards where you wana go, and the front will swing that way accompanied by a tail slide or drift in that direction, if you get what i mean. the best way is off accel or dynamic drift into the first turn, then brake switch into the next.

text book answer... but a correct one.... its funny as you mention the dynamic drifting.. usually it never uses brake to initiate the next turn... its all about throttle control on the next corner of the S-turn

AsurA_AE86
text book answer... but a correct one.... its funny as you mention the dynamic drifting.. usually it never uses brake to initiate the next turn... its all about throttle control on the next corner of the S-turn

pergatory
Dynamic drifting is accel-off technique for initiating the drift. That is, the idea is to enter the corner at full throttle or at least with some good acceleration, and then immediately let off the throttle completely while transfering weight to the outside. The sudden change in acceleration will transfer the weight of the car from the rear to the front (similar to the way feint transfers from side to side), putting the rear wheels at a temporary loss of traction. "Temporary" is key here so you must transfer the weight to the outside of the corner during this window of opportunity or you will have to revert to a brake or e-brake drift.

P.S. - Dynamic drifting is practically the only way to link corners, it's by far the easiest and most common except in scenarios where the second corner is tighter than the first. For initiating the first drift though, it's much harder to use accel-off.

;)

Back