Drifting in Prologue...not impossible!

• Thread starter Tacet_Blue
  • 69 comments
Nice work Breaker đź‘Ť

The drift at 3:00mins in is high scoring one in D1GP rules! The nose tight to the apex and a good angle :)

Note to self: Must try harder :)

actually the whole run was pretty good, but i like the drift for the 1st corner, it's a long drift, hard to do that.
who actually can drift all the way for the 1st corner and the 2nd last long long left hand corner...that's the coolest corner, if anyone can drift for the whole section

A short clip of the BMW M5 at the Driving Park (unlocked track using AR MAX)

Hiroke-M5_dp.bmp

Click HERE for the video. (Or right-click and 'save as')

PS: Please note that the video is loud, turning down your volume is advisory.

I used the Driving Force Pro, traction contro switched off, and with road tires.

I tried to let the back end slide out as smooth as possible using second gear, then it was just a matter of balancing the slide with the steering and throttle. I had to be very quick with unwinding the opposite lock though to prevent parking the car against the wall.

IMO i find it a lot more fun driving those standard heaps they go like tanks so u can throw em around the track a whole lot easier, try using a rally style on track by swinging the car the opposite way to the corner then chuck it in there tap the brake give it a double clutch haha and waaalaaaa u have a drift .... :scared:

Use th RS-6 Wagon its the dream.........

Arwin
The only way I could prevent that from happening is to start controlling the drift with the throttle, but since I'm a drifting n00b I'm still not very good with it. I do think that's the key to it though, if you have to correct with steering alone the car will just start sliding, kill the drift and any chance on a nice exit out of the turn.

Huh, I've been a slacker in regards to posting lately. Anyway.

Have you tried drifting in GT3, and are you comfortable doing it in it? If you are looking for a challenge that doesn't involve the weird behavior of the cars in prolouge, then check out 2 player drifting. I'm not talking with another person, although that ups the fun, just trying drifting in arcade/2 player mode. There is a big change in the physics it makes you be a stickler with the throttle and steering inputs. I like it more than fighting with the "always on to some extent" TCS in Prolouge. I love the racing physics in Prolouge but the power delivery during a drift in Prolouge is unbearable. Just for reference I'm using DFP, 900 in Prolouge, 180 in GT3. Well anyway, it's just a thought.

BreakerOhio

Awsome stuff Breaker đź‘Ť I was watching it with a mate and we both spontaneously started applauding at the trick you pulled off at 1:38 :bowdown:

I've done something similar by accident, but nothing like as controlled as that. The open topped roadster looks very nice sliding round NY, and the 240ZG was great.

You've got that 900 degree wheel totally tamed :) Great vid đź‘Ť

I wonder who prefers which view for drifting?

I have it hard to notice the behaviour of my car in the in-car view. In the far-behind view I don't see it when I'm drifting at all! The best feeling I get in de close-behind view, but it's not easy to estimate the exact position of the car on the track in that view.

Seems I'd need still another one :dunce:

I play with the inside view.
I also like the wide zoomed out view because then I can see my car, but I don't like the digital rpm gauge, hard to tell when i'm redlining it, I wish they would put in the dials when in the zoomed out view.

godzilla_GTR
I use either the maclaren or the skyline.Those are the easeist cars to drift.:D

I love the Merc sl55 :) So much RAW POWER with street tyres on you can drift that whole last corner of fuji going the wrong way :D

godzilla_GTR
I use either the maclaren or the skyline.Those are the easeist cars to drift.:D

Personally I go for the M5, back end just steps right out with power oversteer.

A damn shame it was only in the PAL version, the rest of the world should have access to all of its tail-wagging fun.

Enema
LOL, is there a M5 in the PAL version of Prologue?

Indeed there is.

Hiroke-M5_dp.jpg

Hiroke
Indeed there is.

Hiroke-M5_dp.jpg

And which set of lisences do you need to get all gold on to recieve it :)?

i found that drifting was quite easy in prologue even with these stock cars. I can do some good drifts with FR of course like the RX7 FD or the S2000 all i do is disable ASM and put sports tires. It drift so easily ! Well its easier in GT3 cause you can custom your car

the_ryosuke
i found that drifting was quite easy in prologue even with these stock cars. I can do some good drifts with FR of course like the RX7 FD or the S2000 all i do is disable ASM and put sports tires. It drift so easily ! Well its easier in GT3 cause you can custom your car

I doubt it. Let's see video.

the_ryosuke

Hmm.. S2000(Not easy to drift) and rx7 Fd(It needs some agreesive driving to drift) understeer and grip pretty pretty damm well in gt4p.. But with cars like s14, r34(my fav), m5 concept and some others its pretty 'easy' to drift. I mean, easy after getting used too :).(Im using driving force pro by the way).

ps. Disabling the asm in gt4p? I didn't even know that asm is on in gt4p :).(Arcade mode)

DeltaS4
Can you do "donuts" in prologue?
I find it really hard, it was much more easier in gt3.

Not really, maybe some, there is something wrong with physics i guess :S

And what's more, on the start.. For example, take BMW M5, press the gas fully, leave the steering wheel on its default position(centered) and the car just goes straightly, you cant feel that rear tires are really spinning, you feel like you are on rails :crazy: :ill:

Back