Drifting in Prologue...not impossible!

• Thread starter Tacet_Blue
  • 69 comments
kamkor
Hmm.. S2000(Not easy to drift) and rx7 Fd(It needs some agreesive driving to drift) understeer and grip pretty pretty damm well in gt4p.. But with cars like s14, r34(my fav), m5 concept and some others its pretty 'easy' to drift. I mean, easy after getting used too :).(Im using driving force pro by the way).

ps. Disabling the asm in gt4p? I didn't even know that asm is on in gt4p :).(Arcade mode)

Yeah sorry i dont know in english but in french its Conduite assistée and after searching a while i found ASM and i really dont know if its the real translation. I use a steering wheel and its very easy to drift. Now if you want a video you will have to wait because i dont know how to record it.

yesterdaylight
muhahaha i know breakers secret. it's not really a secret. just think about the handling dynamics of a car, and what weight transfer can do for you. ;-)

Are you useing the Driving Force Pro Wheel?

I'm glad someone figured this out too. It makes you appreciate the physics in GT alot more. Again, its not really a secret, its simple weight transfer and wheel control to produce and maintain a drift. Since the last of my post, I'd say I've improved alot more now, my favorite drift car would have to be the Silvia and the S2000. I put a lot of seat time in taking them around Tusukuba Cirucit racing in the reverse direction and just drifting every corner.

yes breaker, i am using the driving force pro. it did make me appreciate the physics a lot more, because they are a lot closer to a real car that gt3. i can go out and try the same kind of weight transfer technique with my car and it works like a charm every time. i got the new japanese demo and i am disapointed with the newer physics. maybe it's just the cars that they have in that game, but it seems you don't need to turn the wheel as much in any of those cars, and your motion goes a lot further. i don't like it. and when you try the same technique of steering the opposite direction of the turn then cutting and braking at the same time, it sends your car right off the track. anyone else notice that ? i know this is the prologue forum, but what do u think about that ? later-

yesterdaylight
yes breaker, i am using the driving force pro. it did make me appreciate the physics a lot more, because they are a lot closer to a real car that gt3. i can go out and try the same kind of weight transfer technique with my car and it works like a charm every time. i got the new japanese demo and i am disapointed with the newer physics. maybe it's just the cars that they have in that game, but it seems you don't need to turn the wheel as much in any of those cars, and your motion goes a lot further. i don't like it. and when you try the same technique of steering the opposite direction of the turn then cutting and braking at the same time, it sends your car right off the track. anyone else notice that ? i know this is the prologue forum, but what do u think about that ? later-

I had the same disappointing feeling too, the physics changed from Prologue for the Japanese Demo to make driving a bit simplier and the ebrake is way more responsive in the Japanese demo. I was used to and happy with Prologues physics. I'm also liking the new HUD in the Japanese demo. I just wished the Japanese version allowed me to turn off TCS. Keep practicing with the Japanese demo on Trail Mountain with the MR2 or and RX7 with sport tires, you can drift these cars using trail braking technique and fienting. However with the TCS turned on, you can't really push the car out of the bend while staying sideways.

I've also tried using the same techniques with my real life cars and the brake timing and wheel motions are very acurate with the Driving force pro and my real life cars. I first tried trail braking in my Integra when it was wet outside and I countersteered and the rear came around and I controlled it the same way I did in Prologue and it behaved the same way. I also tried a power oversteer drift with my S2000 and the countersteer motion is just like what i'd have to do in Prologue. I'm too afraid to try aggressive fient motions yet with my S2000, too dangerous for me to try. The best car to experience powerover drifts in Prologue is the Silvia, its feels like my real life S2000. In prologue the S2000 doesn't really power oversteer as simple as it does in real life, you'll have to work harder with fient motions and trail braking.

12tahoma drifting in proloque is not impossible !!! just go to the options menu and turn off the Traction Control System(TCS). use the mitsubishi lancer evolution VI, turn off its ASM, choose manual or automatic, then choose the simulation tires. :)

tahoma12black

try to use lancer evo. 5. its easy to use !!! to make it alot easier. turn off the TCS and ASM, choose manual or automatic, and choose simulation tires and there you go !!! drift all the way you want !!!! :)

Back