Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,475 comments
can other controller like hori padplus+ work with drive hub ?
You need this
1700184827689.png
or this
1700184854724.png

Hello guys. I have a big problem with the GT7 with the super aggressive steering wobble at high speed, I literally can't take my hands off when I'm driving in a straight line because the car starts to wobble right away.

I wrote to their support today with this problem, I've been waiting for several updates to fix the problem, it seems they don't know about it or just can't fix it.

After I decided to try ACC on PS5 with my setup, and you know what, I don't have FFB in this game at all, I tried different base and rim modes - nothing helped.

What the heck?

Hey gang, looking for a little how-to on the sequence of events to get my set up going. I have a CSL DD GT Pro w/ a F2.5 rim (native PS5 compatibility) and SimGrade VX Pros which are touted as working over drivehub.

Allegedly (depending on which version of the manual you use) I can use the Drivehub sans controller since I have an already natively compatible device to "spoof". I'm on the current firmware, get the drivehub started and it'll run through it's boot sequence, print GT DD Pro (I'm assuming) and some other verbiage. DD GT Pro is connected in "Controller" port, pedals into "Accessory" and the "Controller/Wheel" is blank.

The wheel just wont stay connected. It'll work for a few minutes, sometimes 10s of minutes, sometimes insta-disconnect.

I've tried the button combo to enter "Fanatec Native" mode but I never see the "F" it's supposed to display. I've tried PS4/5 Comp mode, and PS4/PS5 native mode to no avail.

Last edited:
Hey gang, looking for a little how-to on the sequence of events to get my set up going. I have a CSL DD GT Pro w/ a F2.5 rim (native PS5 compatibility) and SimGrade VX Pros which are touted as working over drivehub.

Allegedly (depending on which version of the manual you use) I can use the Drivehub sans controller since I have an already natively compatible device to "spoof". I'm on the current firmware, get the drivehub started and it'll run through it's boot sequence, print GT DD Pro (I'm assuming) and some other verbiage. DD GT Pro is connected in "Controller" port, pedals into "Accessory" and the "Controller/Wheel" is blank.

The wheel just wont stay connected. It'll work for a few minutes, sometimes 10s of minutes, sometimes insta-disconnect.

I've tried the button combo to enter "Fanatec Native" mode but I never see the "F" it's supposed to display. I've tried PS4/5 Comp mode, and PS4/PS5 native mode to no avail.
I’m afraid Fanatec direct drive mode not work on PS5 , try to get a Hori Mini pad .

I’m afraid Fanatec direct drive mode not work on PS5 , try to get a Hori Mini pad .
Tragic. I thought I'd read that having a natively compatible wheelbase should be seen no differently from a 3rd party controller. I'll try and get my hands on a gamepad!

Last edited:

you need to connect ur gt dd into the wheel / conroller port, pedals into accessory, and a wired controller into the controller port, preferably the hori mini cause it will never auto shut off during gameplay. then u need to hold the share and select putton till a F appears on screen on wheel.

Hello guys. I have a big problem with the GT7 with the super aggressive steering wobble at high speed, I literally can't take my hands off when I'm driving in a straight line because the car starts to wobble right away.

I wrote to their support today with this problem, I've been waiting for several updates to fix the problem, it seems they don't know about it or just can't fix it.

After I decided to try ACC on PS5 with my setup, and you know what, I don't have FFB in this game at all, I tried different base and rim modes - nothing helped.

What the heck?
same looking for help, on latest frimware on both drivehub and wheel base

you need to connect ur gt dd into the wheel / conroller port, pedals into accessory, and a wired controller into the controller port, preferably the hori mini cause it will never auto shut off during gameplay. then u need to hold the share and select putton till a F appears on screen on wheel.
I'll try that route next. It seems odd that the entire idea behind the Hori is to effectively piggyback on its compatibility chip and yet I can't provide the same compatibility "signal" via my wheel which is effectively a natively compatible controller as far as PS4/PS5 is concerned.

Last edited:
I'll try that route next. It seems odd that the entire idea behind the Hori is to effectively piggyback on its compatibility chip and yet I can't provide the same compatibility "signal" via my wheel which is effectively a natively compatible controller as far as PS4/PS5 is concerned.
what pedals are u running? cause if its the csl pedals ur better of connecting those to wheel base if possible. also, the holding share and select step is also not necessary, but if the wheel does work after preforming that step; mapping the wheel will be alot easier. unfortunately for me my ffb never worked in this (fanatec mode) and tend to use (fanalogic mode) for me on that mode :(. (but was nice to see my dd pro wheel my friend gifted me was reading each of the dpads on fanatec mode). For more info i suggest looking at the drive hub user manual on their website

what pedals are u running? cause if its the csl pedals ur better of connecting those to wheel base if possible. also, the holding share and select step is also not necessary, but if the wheel does work after preforming that step; mapping the wheel will be alot easier. unfortunately for me my ffb never worked in this (fanatec mode) and tend to use (fanalogic mode) for me on that mode :(. (but was nice to see my dd pro wheel my friend gifted me was reading each of the dpads on fanatec mode). For more info i suggest looking at the drive hub user manual on their website
I'm running SimGrade VX Pros which are listed as compatible by both SimGrade and CM. When I plug everything in, the LCD readout on the drivehub reads SimGrade and GT-DD-Pro so it absolutely sees both devices, repeats that sequence a few times and then I get the "0" ready display.

I have never been able to switch to the "F" mode by pressing the correct buttons on my wheel. The drivehub responds, will usually cycle the SimGrade and GT DD Pro read out on the screen but I've never seen the "Fanatec" mode pop up.

I've reached out to their support to see if I can work something out.

Last edited:
hi, the tecnical support contact me yesterday, to say with new beta firmware 2.1.2, the t818 it's working...but today i try to update firmware and plugin to ps5 and the wheel not work. it's possible need hori mini joypad on ps5 to make working the wheel? thanks

Last edited:
hi, the tecnical support contact me yesterday, to say with new beta firmware 2.1.2, the t818 it's working...but today i try to update firmware and plugin to ps5 and the wheel not work. it's possible need hori mini joypad on ps5 to make working the wheel? thanks
You always need the Hori pad for a wheelbase that does not have native support. The pad is what gives the "compatibility signal". The T818 was never a PS compatible wheel to begin with. The firmware update only lets the drivehub recognize it.

You always need the Hori pad for a wheelbase that does not have native support. The pad is what gives the "compatibility signal". The T818 was never a PS compatible wheel to begin with. The firmware update only lets the drivehub recognize it.
ok, but every other thrustmaster wheel with drivehub and hori, working on ps5, now the tecnical assistant send me a mail, with news of new firmware update support for t818, then, with hori everyone have try to connect t818 with ps5?

ok, but every other thrustmaster wheel with drivehub and hori, working on ps5, now the tecnical assistant send me a mail, with news of new firmware update support for t818, then, with hori everyone have try to connect t818 with ps5?
The firmware update was to allow the drivehub to recognize the T818 as a wheelbase. It previously didn't "know" about it like any of the other supported wheelbases. They simply added the T818 to the library of "known devices" but you still need the Hori controller as with any other wheelbase.

Hallo,I use the Drive Hub with my Fanatec CSW 2.5 on PS5 with Gran Turismo 7.All works but after ca. 30 Minutes
or sometimes ca. 1Hour the Wheel did not work anymore and I have to put off the Wheel Base and to reconnect everything.Drive Hub has the last Firmware and Hori Mini Pad is connected the Drive Hub.Any Ideas that it works
better and all the Time.Thank you,Greetings Stefan.

Hi I’m new to this forum and have read a few pages but can’t get my answer.

I have the csl dd, McLaren v2 wheel and csl elite v2 pedals. I’m thinking of buying the drive hub and hori controller. My questions are

Is drive hub reliable or does it disconnect after a certain time?

Is there anything in my setup that would not work properly with drive hub?

Is there a better alternative (ras1ution)?

How is the ffb compared to native wheel/bases?

I don’t want to waste money if it’s not worth it. Any questions answered will be greatly appreciated.

Hi I’m new to this forum and have read a few pages but can’t get my answer.

I have the csl dd, McLaren v2 wheel and csl elite v2 pedals. I’m thinking of buying the drive hub and hori controller. My questions are

Is drive hub reliable or does it disconnect after a certain time?

Is there anything in my setup that would not work properly with drive hub?

Is there a better alternative (ras1ution)?

How is the ffb compared to native wheel/bases?

I don’t want to waste money if it’s not worth it. Any questions answered will be greatly appreciated.

Hi there, I am using the csl dd with the WRC wheel for Xbox on PS4 and I see no limitation. FFB is consistent with a native ps4 wheel, buttons and settings work. Even the rev leds are working, which is not the case on Xbox.

The only thing that is annoying is a whole of the wheel when you don’t hold it. There’s an FAQ on the Fanatec site about this. Seems to be a symptom of low resistance wheels.

I’m happy with drivehub + csl dd on ps4

CPX
Hi there, I am using the csl dd with the WRC wheel for Xbox on PS4 and I see no limitation. FFB is consistent with a native ps4 wheel, buttons and settings work. Even the rev leds are working, which is not the case on Xbox.

The only thing that is annoying is a whole of the wheel when you don’t hold it. There’s an FAQ on the Fanatec site about this. Seems to be a symptom of low resistance wheels.

I’m happy with drivehub + csl dd on ps4

Hey Thankyou for the reply. I’ve gone ahead and purchased the drive hub and hori controller. I’m loving Assetto corsa, ACC and even forza horizon 5 (as long as it’s not off road can’t control the car). I’m hoping it’s as good with gt7.

@kartman21 I'm sorry to bother you. Do you think it is possible for the DriveHub Dev to publish a changelog on the firmware update web page? Or update the official website to find some information about the updater and the improvements?
Thank you.

Can confirm after updating firmware on the DH, the T818 works on PS5 w/ the hori controller.

Sadly does not work with my G29. As soon as I enter the game the D-pad sort of lives a life of its own (constantly steering to the left). Can't even get to the wheel setup. Works great on the Xbox dashboard. But great to see that they are working on a fix! EDIT, never mind... It was my own stupidity :)

Just to confirm, are you talking about Forza Motorsport 2023/FM8 on Xbox Series X? What firmware do you installl?

I've tried 2..1.1 and 2.1.2 Beta 4 and none of them bring back te FFB to G29. I can play the game and the wheel is recognized but no FFB.

Regards

Just to confirm, are you talking about Forza Motorsport 2023/FM8 on Xbox Series X? What firmware do you installl?

I've tried 2..1.1 and 2.1.2 Beta 4 and none of them bring back te FFB to G29. I can play the game and the wheel is recognized but no FFB.

Regards
Try these settings:

With these modifications
Wheel Dampening 20
Center Spring 0
Dynamic Damper 15

Try these settings:

With these modifications
Wheel Dampening 20
Center Spring 0
Dynamic Damper 15

Thanks but I don't mean the force feedback is not good, I mean there is no ffb at all, just a force in the wheel to be centered, no vibration or any kind of response when I'm driving.

For example a vibration on pianos or when I crash the car against a wal, or just cornering.

Thanks but I don't mean the force feedback is not good, I mean there is no ffb at all, just a force in the wheel to be centered, no vibration or any kind of response when I'm driving.

For example a vibration on pianos or when I crash the car against a wal, or just cornering.
Listen to me. Try these settings.
The problem is this over all:
Center Spring 0

The center spring at 1 is hard like at 100. Disable the center spring and adjust the rest of the settings.

I have a G29 with latest DH beta firmware.

Last edited:
Listen to me. Try these settings.
The problem is this over all:
Center Spring 0

The center spring at 1 is hard like at 100. Disable the center spring and adjust the rest of the settings.

I have a G29 with latest DH beta firmware.
No luck, with that settings there is nothing, like play mario kart on Wii console with the wheel standing in the air.

I'm trying to play Forza 8 on Xbox with g29 using drivehub with firmware 2.1.2 beta 4

Last edited:
No luck, with that settings there is nothing, like play mario kart on Wii console with the wheel standing in the air.

I'm trying to play Forza 8 on Xbox with g29 using drivehub with firmware 2.1.2 beta 4
It is very strange. It works perfectly with my G29 with DH and FM 2023 (8).
Are you sure that your power supply works? When you connect the wheel to the console the test run correctly?

It is very strange. It works perfectly with my G29 with DH and FM 2023 (8).
Are you sure that your power supply works? When you connect the wheel to the console the test run correctly?
It calibrates fine and the wheel works fine in ps5.

Drivehub boots and shows in display G29G920 character by character, them shows a 0

Last edited:
It calibrates fine and the wheel works fine in ps5.

Drivehub boots and shows in display G29G920 character by character, them shows a 0
The 0 is correct. It is driving mode. Did the calibration works on your Xbox? With the suggested settings and the tuning on the 3 advanced option I use my G29 without problems on FM.

The 0 is correct. It is driving mode. Did the calibration works on your Xbox? With the suggested settings and the tuning on the 3 advanced option I use my G29 without problems on FM.
Yes, It calibrates on Xbox as it does on ps5, as I said, I can play and drive, the issue is no ffb at all, just like center spring effect/force, very strong btw.. What firmware version are you using?

I'll try tomorrow using another Xbox controller, now I'm using and Xbox one controller or try to turn on the Xbox and after connect the DH... I don't know...

Yes, It calibrates on Xbox as it does on ps5, as I said, I can play and drive, the issue is no ffb at all, just like center spring effect/force, very strong btw.. What firmware version are you using?

I'll try tomorrow using another Xbox controller, now I'm using and Xbox one controller or try to turn on the Xbox and after connect the DH... I don't know...
I updated the firmware last friday with the latest beta available.
By disabling the Center Spring (on 0) all the other effects work fine. I don't understand if the Center Spring too hard it depends on DH or it is a bug of the game but the FFB works. The kerbs, the rain, the sliding... I can feel everything.

Back