Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,386 comments
Figured it out. Once I updated to beta software it works like a charm. It didn't work at all on the latest version but on the latest beta, F1, GT, and Drive Club all work as intended

Yes updated via PC to the most current firmware. Is it necessary to reprogram buttons inside games like F1 2018, Drive Club, and GT Sport or should it just work?

you must upgrade to las BETA Version... not the official one... you have to look for it by hand.. not automatic upgrade...

Biggest Issue so far:

Disconnection when driving or menus after couple minutes. I have to unplug-plug to go back to race.

Wheelbase : Fanatec CSW 2.5
Wheel: Fanatec Formula Carbon
Pedals: Fanatec Clubsport V3
Game: GTSPORT

Firmwares: Drivehub latest beta, Fanatec latest drivers.

It's so frustrating, hope it get solved :(

are you proceeding as correctl
Biggest Issue so far:

Disconnection when driving or menus after couple minutes. I have to unplug-plug to go back to race.

Wheelbase : Fanatec CSW 2.5
Wheel: Fanatec Formula Carbon
Pedals: Fanatec Clubsport V3
Game: GTSPORT

Firmwares: Drivehub latest beta, Fanatec latest drivers.

It's so frustrating, hope it get solved :(
Are you proceeding as correctly???? This means connecting the DS4 to Drivehub with DS4 power off (light disconected??) not doing that as that result that you re reporting....

are you proceeding as correctl

Are you proceeding as correctly???? This means connecting the DS4 to Drivehub with DS4 power off (light disconected??) not doing that as that result that you re reporting....

DS4's power is off, when hub opens and sees the wheel as controller, ds4 turns orange color.

When i drive or in the menu, DS4 goes disconnected

Hum
DS4's power is off, when hub opens and sees the wheel as controller, ds4 turns orange color.

When i drive or in the menu, DS4 goes disconnected
I SEE...you ve got a problem there.. trully... tried your Ds4 (alone)on any game after this??... just to proof-check that there is only a problem when drivehub is involved... since the problem may also come from the Ds4...

Hum

I SEE...you ve got a problem there.. trully... tried your Ds4 (alone)on any game after this??... just to proof-check that there is only a problem when drivehub is involved... since the problem may also come from the Ds4...

I'll try these options and write my experience here.

Hey guys! I just ordered one of these today, I can’t wait for it to get here. I just got GT Sport on Tuesday and using the PS4 controller isn’t much fun, but I already have a Driving Force GT and didn’t wanna spring for a new wheel for the PS4. How well does the Driving Force GT wheel work with the Drive Hub for GT Sport? Is it really as simple just Plug and Play? Thanks in advance for any info on the subject. :)

Hey guys! I just ordered one of these today, I can’t wait for it to get here. I just got GT Sport on Tuesday and using the PS4 controller isn’t much fun, but I already have a Driving Force GT and didn’t wanna spring for a new wheel for the PS4. How well does the Driving Force GT wheel work with the Drive Hub for GT Sport? Is it really as simple just Plug and Play? Thanks in advance for any info on the subject. :)
You just want to update the drivehub to the latest beta. If you have good cables you are all set.

Thanks! How long did the shipping take for you guys? Their site says the ship same day on orders played before 2pm, I ordered Thursday at 8am and haven’t received any type of shipping confirmation from CM at all yet and when I tried to email them the email didn’t go thru. It said they have stock in Canada too, hoping it will be here next week some time. Thanks again guys for any Andy all info. :)

Does plugging Fanatec Handbrake together with Thrustmaster wheel (to PS4), show up as TSS handbrake (and works in analog mode since games now support TSS in analog mode) instead of simply being mapped as X button?

So if everything is working perfectly, will I still benefit from updating to the latest beta? Any changes to the FFB or sth to make the wheel work even better? Or just compatibility fixes?
Mostly compatibility fixes... and some minor issues that may not be working previously...

hi.just like to ask. im planning to buy a thrustmaster trj12 adapter for my t500rs pedal. can i use it in gt position?
like this.
tanong.jpg

hi.just like to ask. im planning to buy a thrustmaster trj12 adapter for my t500rs pedal. can i use it in gt position?
like this.
View attachment 776183
what does the GT position mean ? I recall that there is mode button on the bases that swaps gas and clutch, it now occurs to me that that would be useful if the pedals were upside down.... we don't have anything in DriveHub right now to swap the pedals in this driver

Anyone had a resolution to the weak/incorrect FFB with the DriveHub yet?

I just stopped using mine as it was rubbish compared to proper FFB with supported wheels. PC2 on PS4 with G29 has infinitely better FFB than PC2 on Xbox One X with the DriveHub and G29.

If you just need a wheel converter it's fine but the lack of proper feedback implementation is game breaking.

Updating to new betas did nothing...really disheartened with the product and it's just been sat not being used for a year...

I just stopped using mine as it was rubbish compared to proper FFB with supported wheels. PC2 on PS4 with G29 has infinitely better FFB than PC2 on Xbox One X with the DriveHub and G29.

If you just need a wheel converter it's fine but the lack of proper feedback implementation is game breaking.

Updating to new betas did nothing...really disheartened with the product and it's just been sat not being used for a year...

I’ve had my DH for a year and haven’t had any issues. I have a G27 and I only play GTS on PS4 though so maybe it’s more to do with the game than the DH?

Probably you may not have the best setup/config for the wheel on the game you re playing...

Probably you may not have the best setup/config for the wheel on the game you re playing...

Surely one could assume that playing the same game with the same setup would exhibit the same FFB qualities. I tried this with Dirt Rally and Project Cars 2 and FFB with the DriveHub was weak and not as nuanced.

You can test this as a control by using a G29 on PS4 and comparing it with the G29 through the DriveHub on PS4. FFB is totally different and weak.

I’ve had my DH for a year and haven’t had any issues. I have a G27 and I only play GTS on PS4 though so maybe it’s more to do with the game than the DH?

You have no reference for what it should be like though. The G27 isn't supported so you don't know what the true fully supported FFB is supposed to feel like. I can promise you a G29 will feel totally different. If I use my G29 through the DriveHub on GT Sport it feels totally different and weak compared to without.

Surely one could assume that playing the same game with the same setup would exhibit the same FFB qualities. I tried this with Dirt Rally and Project Cars 2 and FFB with the DriveHub was weak and not as nuanced.

You can test this as a control by using a G29 on PS4 and comparing it with the G29 through the DriveHub on PS4. FFB is totally different and weak.

You re using the G29 on Drive Hub, to play on PS4.???? Why???? G29 plugs directly to PS4... !!!??? does nt it??

I don´t have a G29... but instead a CSL ELITE PS4 and as it is totally compatible to PS4 (I´m using Drivehub so that I can also use the TH8A Shifter too..) I use it on DD (Direct Drive) Mode, this is: plugged directly on Drive Hub USB Port used for the the DS4 controller.. and I assure you that the feeling and behavior of my PS4 Elite through the Drive Hub Connection is equal to the wheel connected directly to PS4...

You have no reference for what it should be like though. The G27 isn't supported so you don't know what the true fully supported FFB is supposed to feel like. I can promise you a G29 will feel totally different. If I use my G29 through the DriveHub on GT Sport it feels totally different and weak compared to without.

But I do know what FFB feels like on past GT games with this wheel, and my G27 feels just about identical on GTS with the DH as it did plugged directly into my PS3 for GT6. I have also played Dirt Rally 2 and PC2 and after tinkering with the settings and FFB on both games, I got it working to where it feels perfectly fine.

Also from what I’ve heard, the G29 feels just like the G27. The mechanisms and system are essentially identical and the only big difference is that one is supported by the current consoles and the other isn’t.

Latest Posts

Back