Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,367 comments
I'm hovering on the 'buy' button for one of these, the only question I can't find an answer for:

On Xbox One, do I just plug my headset into the attached controller/pad to communicate over XBox Live as normal?

I'm hovering on the 'buy' button for one of these, the only question I can't find an answer for:

On Xbox One, do I just plug my headset into the attached controller/pad to communicate over XBox Live as normal?

for Audio, you need to use a 2nd controller... the 1st one on DriveHub is pretending to be a wheel which dont have audio.

Loaded Horizon 4 on board and now the wheel is sloppy on all games. Have to turn it a quarter turn before it reacts.

So wheel will work properly on Horizon 2 and Forza 7 as before but when I load Horizon 4 it becomes unresponsive, sort of, hard to describe, but completely unusable.

Then I have to RESTART the xbox or it wont work on my other games but if I restart xbox it will then work on the other games, so far.

Guess Horizon 4 wont work.

I i have Logitech G27 and Cronusmax drive hub.

Last edited:
Loaded Horizon 4 on board and now the wheel is sloppy on all games. Have to turn it a quarter turn before it reacts.

So wheel will work properly on Horizon 2 and Forza 7 as before but when I load Horizon 4 it becomes unresponsive, sort of, hard to describe, but completely unusable.

Then I have to RESTART the xbox or it wont work on my other games but if I restart xbox it will then work on the other games, so far.

which wheel?? Tried turning the wheel off and disconnecting it from the usb port.. putting it back on and turning it on again? (without XBOX resetting) . and which wheel are you using?

which wheel?? Tried turning the wheel off and disconnecting it from the usb port.. putting it back on and turning it on again? (without XBOX resetting) . and which wheel are you using?
Logitech G27, Can you say that again with more steps from start. I tried to reconnect it a bunch of times, same result.

If I dont restart then it wont work on the other 2 games either. Drive hub, cronusmax are also part of this in case I forgot to mention, have to have that to make it work.

Pedals work, steering sort of works but you have to turn it a whole bunch before it reacts, I cant explain it really.

Kinda like when wheel isnt plugged into the wall, too much play in it.

Just tried again, no go. Then if I go straight to HZ 2 it will do same malfunction, I am doing a complete restart now which I assume will make it work again with HZ 2.

UPDATE notice when I go back to the other games and plug in wheel it says controller lost or whatever so I push button on wheel and then it always brings up my username for me to click on as if I am signing in again, does NOT do that on HZ4.

Last edited:
Logitech G27, Can you say that again with more steps from start. I tried to reconnect it a bunch of times, same result.

If I dont restart then it wont work on the other 2 games either. Drive hub, cronusmax are also part of this in case I forgot to mention, have to have that to make it work.

Pedals work, steering sort of works but you have to turn it a whole bunch before it reacts, I cant explain it really.

G27 may (and must) be configured on a PC with it´s adequate Software (LWEMON.exe ) I had one... On that configurator you must have a box referring to accepting specific changes/settings from the software (game) played. .. and you must have checked (x) that box... try running the configurator on the pc and unchecking that box.. this is just a blind hint.... any way you may have to reconfigure it on the PC... it seems like you ve set an immense center lag on the wheel according to your words... as I don´t have Forza.. nor an Xbox... I have no idea about the way you configure a wheel on ... Forza... but that may also have something to do with it...

I used G27 on my PS3 and after that on my PS4 with the Crosshair Adapter... with very good results...

G27 may (and must) be configured on a PC with it´s adequate Software (LWEMON.exe ) I had one... On that configurator you must have a box referring to accepting specific changes/settings from the software (game) played. .. and you must have checked (x) that box... try running the configurator on the pc and unchecking that box.. this is just a blind hint.... any way you may have to reconfigure it on the PC... it seems like you ve set an immense center lag on the wheel according to your words... as I don´t have Forza.. nor an Xbox... I have no idea about the way you configure a wheel on ... Forza... but that may also have something to do with it...

I used G27 on my PS3 and after that on my PS4 with the Crosshair Adapter... with very good results...

I use it on Xbox One X, there is no wheel adjustments that I know of, or changed. Works with the other games, not this new one.

I use it on Xbox One X, there is no wheel adjustments that I know of, or changed. Works with the other games, not this new one.

work through the wheel setup.. mainly in the dedicated G Planet thread... maybe you may find a good hint there1 Good luck!

VBR
@Losco - Don't forget to use the 10% off code at the checkout, it's GTPLANET10.

EDIT: If you buy from Cronus they ship from the USA, so you may need to pay up to 17% customs duty in Italy. Whereas, if you buy from Collective Minds they ship from the UK (which is in the EU) so you won't pay any customs duty at all.

Thank you for all the help and infos

I made a little bracket, for it to perch atop my wheelbase.

i-tvKc99J-L.jpg

I also made a bracket, but differently:

Just tried again, no go. Then if I go straight to HZ 2 it will do same malfunction, I am doing a complete restart now which I assume will make it work again with HZ 2.

UPDATE notice when I go back to the other games and plug in wheel it says controller lost or whatever so I push button on wheel and then it always brings up my username for me to click on as if I am signing in again, does NOT do that on HZ4.
I don't use an X-Box but I use a G-27 on a PS4-Pro via DriveHub so I hope I could help you.

For us, we need to have a good quality micro usb cable that runs from the DriveHub into a DS4 Playstation Controller. The Controller MUST be set to off prior to plugging it in.

Now, I'm not sure if it works the same on your system but if it does I can not stress enough how important what I just mentioned before is to having DriveHub run stable.

There are countless posts by new DriveHub users who at first have issues like you, all to realize that it was either a low quality cable, or that they were plugging in the cable into a controller that was on.

So, a good quality micro usb cable and, to make sure your controller is off prior to plugging in the cable.

Hope that bit helps but if not, GTPlanets boards have a ton of info on this if you do a little searching.

Umm, I don't think he's going to need to run his G-27 via his PC mate. If he was running his G-27 on his PC then yeah, Logitechs software would come in handy. However, a PC is not necessary at all for DriveHub to run properly on consoles. Nor is a PC necessary to have a G-27 to run on a PS3 and obviously a PS4.

I i have Logitech G27 and Cronusmax drive hub.
Keep us updated on your progress.

Last edited:
I don't use an X-Box but I use a G-27 on a PS4-Pro via DriveHub so I hope I could help you.

For us, we need to have a good quality micro usb cable that runs from the DriveHub into a DS4 Playstation Controller. The Controller MUST be set to off prior to plugging it in.

Now, I'm not sure if it works the same on your system but if it does I can not stress enough how important what I just mentioned before is to having DriveHub run stable.

There are countless posts by new DriveHub users who at first have issues like you, all to realize that it was either a low quality cable, or that they were plugging in the cable into a controller that was on.

So, a good quality micro usb cable and, to make sure your controller is off prior to plugging in the cable.

Hope that bit helps but if not, GTPlanets boards have a ton of info on this if you do a little searching.

Umm, I don't think he's going to need to run his G-27 via his PC mate. If he was running his G-27 on his PC then yeah, Logitechs software would come in handy. However, a PC is not necessary at all for DriveHub to run properly on consoles. Nor is a PC necessary to have a G-27 to run on a PS3 and obviously a PS4.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Thanks, tried turning the Xbox controller off before connecting Wheel, no difference. USB cable could be a problem buy why do the other games work perfectly with this set up, but I will get a new one just in case. What is the story with 3.0 USB vs 2.0, 3.0 looks to have a different connector, how would it would connect to my cords and box? I am asking because when I submitted ticket to Microsoft on this it asked me if I had the 2.0 or 3.0, I have the more common one i think, 2.0

Thanks, tried turning the Xbox controller off before connecting Wheel, no difference. USB cable could be a problem buy why do the other games work perfectly with this set up, but I will get a new one just in case. What is the story with 3.0 USB vs 2.0, 3.0 looks to have a different connector, how would it would connect to my cords and box? I am asking because when I submitted ticket to Microsoft on this it asked me if I had the 2.0 or 3.0, I have the more common one i think, 2.0
I believe it must be the 2.0 as the 3.0's are with the (C) connection/type. You just need one that is of good quality.

Some games will react differently to the DriveHub set up.. For instance, every racing game that I have, (Assetto Corsa, PC2, GTS, Dirt Rallye, F1 18 etc.) will all act the same but recently when I bought WRC 7, I had to get another controller and have that set to on in order for it to work..

The
I believe it must be the 2.0 as the 3.0's are with the (C) connection/type. You just need one that is of good quality.

Some games will react differently to the DriveHub set up.. For instance, every racing game that I have, (Assetto Corsa, PC2, GTS, Dirt Rallye, F1 18 etc.) will all act the same but recently when I bought WRC 7, I had to get another controller and have that set to on in order for it to work..
The WRC series games require 2!!! DS4 controllers on this type of gadgets... it happened to me too for the 5 and 6 versions, on a different gadget (Crosshair)

Just received Drivehub and set things up but i've a big major problem:

Brakes are %10 pct when i apply full force while gas pedal is normal

FANATEC V3 PEDALS I'm using...

Both in fanalogic and fanatec mode (or whatever in 2 mode name is)

Please help :X

1st you have to manually config the pedals (only the pedals and nothing else) using last driver ( update)and firmware from Fanatec on your pc.. configuration has to be manual and not let it do it automatically...

Then update drivehub to the last beta version...

Which wheel are you using??

Fanatec and fanalogic modes are for Fanatec wheels only... not for the pedals... I believe...

I have a fanatec csl elite , with v3 pedals and a th8a shifter (thustmaster) on Ps4 and all work fine with drivehub... and I use them on direct mode... ( no need to use ds4 controler)

Last edited:
1st you have to manually config the pedals (only the pedals and nothing else) using last driver ( update)and firmware from Fanatec on your pc.. configuration has to be manual and not let it do it automatically...

Then update drivehub to the last beta version...

Which wheel are you using??

Fanatec and fanalogic modes are for Fanatec wheels only... not for the pedals... I believe...

I have a fanatec csl elite , with v3 pedals and a th8a shifter (thustmaster) on Ps4 and all work fine with drivehub... and I use them on direct mode... ( no need to use ds4 controler)

I think i solved the problem. I drive with no lag, great product as i can see.

But i saw a problem here:

Fanatec mode is terribly laggy , my rig is:

CSW 2.5 Wheelbase
Clubsport V3 Pedals.

Logitech mode is fine, i think it's called fanalogic mode.

I think i solved the problem. I drive with no lag, great product as i can see.

But i saw a problem here:

Fanatec mode is terribly laggy , my rig is:

CSW 2.5 Wheelbase
Clubsport V3 Pedals.

Logitech mode is fine, i think it's called fanalogic mode.
No lag????? Explain please ....

Sorry, Full Lag i mean. Laggy...
Ok! I got it!
You should report that on Cronusmax Drivehub support forum!

And maybe Podger can do something about it!

You can find Podger replyes on this thread and message him...also...https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/members/podger.289353/

And have you trully upgraded tje Drivehub firmware with the last beta version ( its not the normal upgrade.. you have to look for it manually...)??

Last edited:

What game are using?

Does Accessory port support Thrustmaster TSS handbrake? It's not on any list of supported hardware, but since it's been out a while already I was wondering ...

Edit I got it to at least get to where it will control the PS4 buttons but it's still showing 0 and I cannot put it into race mode. I've tried new cables old cables etc to no avail. I tried the tip in the video as well to disconnect and try putting it into race mode but it doesn't seem to work and always goes back to 0.

Last edited:
Edit I got it to at least get to where it will control the PS4 buttons but it's still showing 0 and I cannot put it into race mode. I've tried new cables old cables etc to no avail. I tried the tip in the video as well to disconnect and try putting it into race mode but it doesn't seem to work and always goes back to 0.
Have you tried to update it at first ?

Back