Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,364 comments
One of our users have confirmed this issue resolves with a patch I added. I published 2.0.3-beta.33 to our update tool. I would appreciate feedback with confirmation +ve or -ve...

I'll give it a try this evening. Been swamped at work and home to have tried it last night. I did notice there is a .34 update too. Stay away from that one regarding this issue?

Al

ways use the latest, please.

OK. I tried the .34 firmware. I ran F1 2018 for over an hour. The phenomena still exists. In Native Fanatec mode the games' frame rate is noticeably choppy compared to running the wheel in FANALOGIC mode. In Fanalogic mode driving is silky smooth. I even tried hooking up the PS4 directly to my TV instead of the receivers passthrough HDMI port. I even tried turning on HDR mode and the same thing occurred. The game runs choppy in native Fanatic mode. I'm stumped...

Good news Fanatec CSW 2.0 or 2.5 users! Podger let me try Beta .35 and it solved the weird choppy frame rate I was getting when using a Fanatec CSW V2.0 on the PS4/PS4Pro with F1 2018. The game runs super smooth on both the vanilla and Pro PS4's. I can even run full 4k with HDR and no issues now.

Thanks Podger!! The game can now be enjoyed as it was meant to be. 60FPS!! =)

For those of you with a sim rig using console...where do you mount your DriveHub? On the rig or near the console? I have a race seat that I usually just connect to my console when I race as I don’t have a dedicated monitor. TIA!

Michael
I made a little bracket, for it to perch atop my wheelbase.

i-tvKc99J-L.jpg

Does anyone know why the led rev lights stopped working on mine, only got it a couple of weeks ago, first day they worked fine, next day they didnt..?

Im using a thrustmaster tmx on ps4 and xbox, if that helps..Maybe I did something?

Thrustmaster doesn’t support rev leds on the wheel base so the reports are not sent in TM emulation mode....
I´m actually using the Fanatec CSL ELite PS4 on purple mode with Direct Drive connection and the Th8a Thrustm. Shifter...

And feel no need for the rev lights... as the wheel already does that stuff!!!

Is it possible to connect Drivehub PC (for iracing) and Console (for GTSPORT) same time ? Enough ports are there?

Or i have to plug every time to go between console racing game and pc racing game?

Anyone knows this?

Is it possible to connect Drivehub PC (for iracing) and Console (for GTSPORT) same time ? Enough ports are there?

Or i have to plug every time to go between console racing game and pc racing game?

Anyone knows this?

The connection of Drive Hub with a PC.. is made only for flashing the firmware... and nothing else... It can only be trully utilized on gaming consoles...

The connection of Drive Hub with a PC.. is made only for flashing the firmware... and nothing else... It can only be trully utilized on gaming consoles...
So is it comfortable to switch drivehub to pc ?

Bc. i want to play both GTSPORT and Iracing, gotta switch drivehub and pc sometimes.

Actually, that's not true. Drive Hub is compatible with PC as a platform for playing games, mainly so you can use newer wheels on older games that don't support them.

@drebin4real - Why do you need/want to use Drive Hub on PC? Is your wheel not compatible with iRacing or something?

I've a sim cockpit and using fanatec csw 2.5 wheelbase and clubsport v3 pedals. I just want to plug and switch easily between iracing and gtsport with using drivehub if it's possible. I don't want to get up from rig walk around and settle things.

(If it has) Plugging Drivehub's usb to pc and play iracing, then plug out drivehub's usb and stick it to ps4 and play GTsport.

(I hope i write correctly, sorry for my english)

I've a sim cockpit and using fanatec csw 2.5 wheelbase and clubsport v3 pedals. I just want to plug and switch easily between iracing and gtsport with using drivehub if it's possible. I don't want to get up from rig walk around and settle things.

(If it has) Plugging Drivehub's usb to pc and play iracing, then plug out drivehub's usb and stick it to ps4 and play GTsport.

I colour coded my wires with labels so I could quickly shift the correct wires between the PS4 and PC. I did manage to get the DriveHub working directly through the computer using a beta firmware but I don't remember it working very well (although that may have been an issue with Sebastien Loeb Rally). Another option is GIMX, it is more difficult to setup but you can leave all of your peripherals connected to the PC and just plug in the gimx adapter and run the gimx software when you want to play on the PS4.

I don't want to get up from rig walk around and settle things.....Plugging Drivehub's usb to pc and play iracing, then plug out drivehub's usb and stick it to ps4 and play GTsport.

It would probably be just as easy to unplug your wheel's USB from Drive Hub & plug it into your PC.

One last question, i use csw 2.5 with one usb it means pedals directly connetced to the wheel base which means that Drivehubs accessory input will be empty.

Is it OK? or i should both plug wheel base and pedal seperately pluggint into Drivehub?

VBR
It would probably be just as easy to unplug your wheel's USB from Drive Hub & plug it into your PC.
One last question, i use csw 2.5 with one usb it means pedals directly connetced to the wheel base which means that Drivehubs accessory input will be empty.

Is it OK? or i should both plug wheel base and pedal seperately pluggint into Drivehub?
Pedals in the base is probably best, it will mean less traffic on the USB bus.. not that there is any issue with bandwidth, but if you then decide to add a 3rd party shifter, you have to do it anyways

Pedals in the base is probably best, it will mean less traffic on the USB bus.. not that there is any issue with bandwidth, but if you then decide to add a 3rd party shifter, you have to do it anyways

Thank you so much for the answers, i think i'll buy this product and test it and share here my experience.

https://plugable.com/products/usb2-switch2/
^^^ I thinks this is what you want to do
DriveHub only has 1 upstream USB port

Last edited:
I'm thinking of buying one of these. I have a G29+shifter for Ps4 and I want to use it with Forza Horizon on XboxOne. Can I do something like that? Which version/model I have to buy? Where?

Thank you folks

I'm thinking of buying one of these. I have a G29+shifter for Ps4 and I want to use it with Forza Horizon on XboxOne. Can I do something like that? Which version/model I have to buy? Where?

Thank you folks
Version model of what??? Theres´only one DriveHub version (and of course only one model)... And G29 is fully supported...

VBR
Nope, it's called the Collective Minds Drive Hub, & I'd suggest buying it from here https://collectiveminds.ca/
you get different prices.. on Colective Minds.. Just look for the better budget.. as the time for deliver is pretty much the same... the real dealer is Cronus max.. (Collectiveminds produce the equipment but Cronus does all the rest...) its on Cronusmax site that you have all the support and info.. and Firmware updates produced on request... I talked there to Podger (the man that makes it work) and he produced a brand new Firmware beta version, for my specific combination... Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 (wheel and pedals) in Direct mode connection (DD) and Blue Mode with a Thrustmaster TH8a shifter (it was´nt working before unless on purple mode.. but not it is. .on perfection... and he did it in a zippy...)

@Losco - Don't forget to use the 10% off code at the checkout, it's GTPLANET10.

EDIT: If you buy from Cronus they ship from the USA, so you may need to pay up to 17% customs duty in Italy. Whereas, if you buy from Collective Minds they ship from the UK (which is in the EU) so you won't pay any customs duty at all.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back