Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,387 comments
...the DriveHub will see the handbrake but will convert is to a button press at about 10% on the handbrake...

What button on the G29 would the Drive Hub convert it to?

it maps to cross...

That's interesting, because if @ca18detsilvia maps the X button to the handbrake he could then use his Fanatec e-brake, but, only like a digital on/off switch (not analog).

It would be better if it was mapped to the O button by default in Drive Hub though, as that's what the handbrake in Gran Turismo is by default.

👍

I'm trying to figure out if I can get a handbrake working on Forza 7 / Forza Horizon 4 with my set-up including drive hub.

I currently have:
TH T300RS wheel
Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals (connected to the T300RS via CPX adapter)
TH8A in Sequential set-up (connected direct to drive hub accessory port, but can also connect via USB Hub direct to PS4/XBox or direct to T300RS)
Drivehub
I also have an older TH8RS shifter kicking about.

I can use this set-up with PS4 or Xbox but I'm mainly playing Forza these days and would really like to be able to use the TH8A or TH8RS as a handbrake in FH4, either analog or digital.

Although FH4 has some options for an analog hand break (e.g. deadzones) I can't seem to get the TH8A function as anything other than a seq gearstick.

Any suggestions on how I could get this to work?

Cheers

@TurboSenna You can do that, if Forza supports multiple input devices and you can remap all keys manually (like Dirt games). Otherwise no.

But would be nice, if Drivehub allowed some customization. For example that you could set TH8A to show to game as TSS (when pulling it would simply sent 100% analog signal to the game; that way people could use TH8A as handbrake in games that do not allow remapping TH8A signals - like GTS, PS2, etc).

Hi guys
In need of some help! I been using my drivehub on ps4 with my CSWv2 for about 5 months now with no problems. Recently I been using the same setup on Xbox with no problems too. Now I have swapped back over to ps4 Im now having a problem with no ffb coming through the wheel? All working perfect on Xbox but no longer on ps4. If anyone has experienced this problem? I would appreciate some advice.
Thanks

I'm trying to figure out if I can get a handbrake working on Forza 7 / Forza Horizon 4 with my set-up including drive hub.

I currently have:
TH T300RS wheel
Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals (connected to the T300RS via CPX adapter)
TH8A in Sequential set-up (connected direct to drive hub accessory port, but can also connect via USB Hub direct to PS4/XBox or direct to T300RS)
Drivehub
I also have an older TH8RS shifter kicking about.

I can use this set-up with PS4 or Xbox but I'm mainly playing Forza these days and would really like to be able to use the TH8A or TH8RS as a handbrake in FH4, either analog or digital.

Although FH4 has some options for an analog hand break (e.g. deadzones) I can't seem to get the TH8A function as anything other than a seq gearstick.

Any suggestions on how I could get this to work?

Cheers
see here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...dbrake-sparco-mod.373944/page-6#post-12600988

I have a T500 and I can't get FFB working on GT Sport (I can steer the car normally otherwise; torque and sensitivity are set to 2/5 in settings). It works in all other games without problems. What's the trick here?
@Podger, can I get some help?

There's simply no force in the wheel anywhere in the game (even in the menu). All other games work without problems.

I have a T500 and I can't get FFB working on GT Sport (I can steer the car normally otherwise; torque and sensitivity are set to 2/5 in settings). It works in all other games without problems. What's the trick here?
The t500 works natively in GTSport albeit as a legacy wheel with no dash support can you offer more detail.... or email wheelman@collectiveminds.ca

The t500 works natively in GTSport albeit as a legacy wheel with no dash support can you offer more detail.... or email wheelman@collectiveminds.ca
I run it through Drivehub because I also have TSS and since T500 doesn't have DIN port that's the only way. When I go in-game the wheel just goes soft (no centering force anymore), but all other functions (except FFB) work normally. Otherwise it works without proiblems in PC2, Dirt Rally and WRC7.

I run it through Drivehub because I also have TSS and since T500 doesn't have DIN port that's the only way. When I go in-game the wheel just goes soft (no centering force anymore), but all other functions (except FFB) work normally. Otherwise it works without proiblems in PC2, Dirt Rally and WRC7.
not forgetting about this, was just busy sorting out the GTSport Fanatec FFB issue.. I've had other reports about TS-PC and TS-XW.. I believe they are all related.... I'll keep you updated

[
@Podger, can I get some help?

There's simply no force in the wheel anywhere in the game (even in the menu). All other games work without problems.

I ended up having to plug my T-GT wheel into the controller port instead of the wheel port to get the FFB to work correctly. Have you tried this?

[

I ended up having to plug my T-GT wheel into the controller port instead of the wheel port to get the FFB to work correctly. Have you tried this?
T-GT has its own authentication chip, so it should always be plugged into controller slot. T500 (and other non-PS4 wheels) doesn't have that chip, that's why it needs controller plugged in.

@TurboSenna You can do that, if Forza supports multiple input devices and you can remap all keys manually (like Dirt games). Otherwise no.

But would be nice, if Drivehub allowed some customization. For example that you could set TH8A to show to game as TSS (when pulling it would simply sent 100% analog signal to the game; that way people could use TH8A as handbrake in games that do not allow remapping TH8A signals - like GTS, PS2, etc).

@Racetee - Unfortunately Forza doesn't allow button mapping.... Thanks for the reply though.

@Podger - so if I'm reading that post correctly, I need to put the TH8A into H Shifter mode (I could get or make a plate that restricts the movement across part of the neutral position). I can then see if Forza recognises this as a handbrake (or it may just see it as an H pattern shifter).

Have I picked this up right?

Is there another step I need to take to properly put the shifter in analog handbrake mode? e.g. changing something through thrustmaster firmware/control panel?

Thanks again

@Racetee - Unfortunately Forza doesn't allow button mapping.... Thanks for the reply though.

@Podger - so if I'm reading that post correctly, I need to put the TH8A into H Shifter mode (I could get or make a plate that restricts the movement across part of the neutral position). I can then see if Forza recognises this as a handbrake (or it may just see it as an H pattern shifter).

Have I picked this up right?

Is there another step I need to take to properly put the shifter in analog handbrake mode? e.g. changing something through thrustmaster firmware/control panel?

Thanks again
hi, no. The .43 f/w just up has 3 th8a drivers. the idea being 1 for each mode....

we all know what H mode and +/- mode are, you change the plate and the little micro switch tell the circuit what plate is on...

if you connect the th8a to the PC and the thrustmaster suite is installed, you can go to the control panel and bring up the applet.. there is a check box to enable "analog" mode.... in this mode the input is different and DH will see it and map it to handbrake.....
the range is from rest (N between 3 and 4) to the N between 7 and R

66E9558F308DD79EBE5DC00BDDDB4070EFC85DBE

if you connect the th8a to the PC and the thrustmaster suite is installed, you can go to the control panel and bring up the applet.. there is a check box to enable "analog" mode.... in this mode the input is different and DH will see it and map it to handbrake.....
Are you sure that that works? For years it has been known that that tickbox only changes setting in PC driver (= the change only takes effect on that PC).

I've been using the Drivehub since May 2018 to run the T300 with CSL Elite LC pedals on the ps4. GT Sport is pretty much all I play.

Decided to update the Drivehub today and have run into a problem. After a couple of laps in GT Sport the wheel now goes into a weird FFB loop, constantly vibrating and will spin back and forth if I let go of the wheel. Unplugging the drivehub will reset things for a few minutes as will hitting the PS Button and then resuming the game. It's not completely random. It happens every 4 or 5 minutes.

I thought maybe it was an issue with the T300 firmware. Updated it but same issue continues.

Any suggestions @Podger ?

Update:

Ran the Drivehub updater again and things are back to normal.

Last edited:
Any progress on this @Podger ?
Yeah. Someone else in our group has a TX and confirmed that there is no FFB for them them in GTS... this changed happened in an update they did in December 2017. They added a new protocol for the tgt and the t300 that the other wheels don’t understand... forcing the emulation to t150 immediately fixed the issues as they have not been updated in forever and use the old protocol.. this comes at a cost however of loosing TSS handbrake support.... the ts-xw and ts-pc when I added them first also emulated a t150, when I changed them to t300 they also broke....
I’m still working on a better solution and testing is going well...

hi, no. The .43 f/w just up has 3 th8a drivers. the idea being 1 for each mode....

we all know what H mode and +/- mode are, you change the plate and the little micro switch tell the circuit what plate is on...

the range is from rest (N between 3 and 4) to the N between 7 and R

@Podger - Thanks for the guidance.
I had to get bootcamp set-up which caused a bit of pain but once I got the TH8A connected to the windows Thrustmaster control panel I was able to tick the analog checkbox. I then plugged the TH8a into the accessory port in the drive hub and Forza horizon 4 immediately started using it as an analog handbrake... fantastic!!!

Couple of follow-up questions:
Would this work the same using the TH8A din connection to the wheelbase?

and

Although I mainly use the wheel with my Xbox One via Drivehub these days, I was wondering what is the best way for me to use the wheel with my PS4? e.g. until now I've been connecting my Dual Shock to the controller cable which I think means the wheel is seen as a T500. Is that the best way for me to use it on PS4?

Thanks again for your help!

I don't believe the analog mode is a feature of the wheelbase f/w. Then again I know very little about the protocol that they use.. Analog must be supported in some capacity for the TSS Sparco mod, but I only know USB and DriveHub.
With the DS4 in port 1 the wheel will show as a t300 on PS4, unless you have a TMX then its a t150............
It will show as a t500 if you dont have the DS4, the Drivehub will switch to PS3 mode and emulate a t500, this wheel works but only in games, not in the dash and you wont have a shifter, I think the th8a can go straight to the PS4.....

I've been using the Drivehub since May 2018 to run the T300 with CSL Elite LC pedals on the ps4. GT Sport is pretty much all I play.

Decided to update the Drivehub today and have run into a problem. After a couple of laps in GT Sport the wheel now goes into a weird FFB loop, constantly vibrating and will spin back and forth if I let go of the wheel. Unplugging the drivehub will reset things for a few minutes as will hitting the PS Button and then resuming the game. It's not completely random. It happens every 4 or 5 minutes.

I thought maybe it was an issue with the T300 firmware. Updated it but same issue continues.

Any suggestions @Podger ?

Update:

Ran the Drivehub updater again and things are back to normal.

The worries and pain suffered during the upgrade was well worth it. Between the T300 and Drivehub upgrades ( I think mostly drivehub) it has greatly improved the ffb to the t300. I have a much better feel now of what the tires are doing and where I'm pushing too hard. I believe this is what has helped my finally push out of DR A in Sport Mode. Very quickly achieved A+ , and it has mostly to do with having a better feel of what my inputs are doing to the car.

Thank you Drivehub team! Great product!

Yeah. Someone else in our group has a TX and confirmed that there is no FFB for them them in GTS... this changed happened in an update they did in December 2017. They added a new protocol for the tgt and the t300 that the other wheels don’t understand... forcing the emulation to t150 immediately fixed the issues as they have not been updated in forever and use the old protocol.. this comes at a cost however of loosing TSS handbrake support.... the ts-xw and ts-pc when I added them first also emulated a t150, when I changed them to t300 they also broke....
I’m still working on a better solution and testing is going well...
I put .45 on the sever today.. this should be the ultimate fix for xb1 and pc wheels from TM.... I got the better fix working, took more effort than I planned... any feedback would be great....

@Podger, FFB seems to be working on T500 in GTS (it shakes when I drive off track), but the steering isn't (turning left or right doesn't do anything). Buttons on the wheel work, pedals as well. The centre force is also not strong in the menu (like it is, if I plug the wheel directly), so I can wiggle it in the middle, but it gets stronger, if you want to turn it further away from centre. I also tried in Dirt Rally and there it's still working perfectly.

Also worth nothing, the update tool says it will install beta45, but what it actually installs is beta44.

@Podger, FFB seems to be working on T500 in GTS (it shakes when I drive off track), but the steering isn't (turning left or right doesn't do anything). Buttons on the wheel work, pedals as well. The centre force is also not strong in the menu (like it is, if I plug the wheel directly), so I can wiggle it in the middle, but it gets stronger, if you want to turn it further away from centre. I also tried in Dirt Rally and there it's still working perfectly.

Also worth nothing, the update tool says it will install beta45, but what it actually installs is beta44.

thanks for the feedback. I'll have a look through my folders, and make sure the files are the correct ones. .44 was partially fixed ie the first one I was trying.... They do have a default spring, normally, that is intended to center the wheel when in dash and generally feels like it does when you turn it on. They turn that off and just use raw force in the game and the physics engine in the deals with making that feel like a spring....

I put .46 on the server, its deffo .46 this time, sorry about the confusion last time. I also fixed up the exit game, pause game, enter pit lane issue. It will now cancel any force so it wont full lock and also added a weak spring that with slowly center the wheel too, either would have done but both is better... again any feedback is much appreciated.

Back