Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,387 comments
EDIT: I've received a reply from Drivehub support, apparently this is caused by the 120 Hz setting. I've set it back to 60 Hz and so far have not experienced the issue again.

=============================

Can someone help with the following issue?

My setup:
Fanatec DD Pro 8Nm wheel base
Fanatec BMW ClubSport wheel
Heusinkveld Sprint pedals
PS5

Running the Drivehub in Direct Drive mode, so the wheel is plugged into the controller port, no authentication controller.
Pedals plugged into the accessory port.
Running the latest beta firmware on the Drivehub, latest Fanatec firmware on all the other hardware.

The way I start everything up: turn on wheel base, make sure it's on PS mode, turn on PS5.

Sometimes everything works fine. But often, the system gets into some sort of pause state. No input from the buttons on my wheel seem to register. When this happens, and for instance a load screen is showing or a cinematic video (like the intro video in GT7), that screen just pauses. The load screen or video just stops. If I then disconnect the Drivehub (or switch my wheel base to another mode), I see the "controller disconnected" message and the video or load screen continues on from where it paused. If I'm in the middle of a race, the screen just freezes, no pause menu. Disconnecting the Drivehub then causes the "controller disconnected" message and the pause menu is shown.

Then turning on the Drivehub again, or switching back to PS mode, I can then usually use it for a little again until this issue pops up again.

Anyone else encounter this issue? Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Can someone help with the following issue?

My setup:
Fanatec DD Pro 8Nm wheel base
Fanatec BMW ClubSport wheel
Heusinkveld Sprint pedals
PS5

Running the Drivehub in Direct Drive mode, so the wheel is plugged into the controller port, no authentication controller.
Pedals plugged into the accessory port.
Running the latest beta firmware on the Drivehub, latest Fanatec firmware on all the other hardware.

The way I start everything up: turn on wheel base, make sure it's on PS mode, turn on PS5.

Sometimes everything works fine. But often, the system gets into some sort of pause state. No input from the buttons on my wheel seem to register. When this happens, and for instance a load screen is showing or a cinematic video (like the intro video in GT7), that screen just pauses. The load screen or video just stops. If I then disconnect the Drivehub (or switch my wheel base to another mode), I see the "controller disconnected" message and the video or load screen continues on from where it paused. If I'm in the middle of a race, the screen just freezes, no pause menu. Disconnecting the Drivehub then causes the "controller disconnected" message and the pause menu is shown.

Then turning on the Drivehub again, or switching back to PS mode, I can then usually use it for a little again until this issue pops up again.

Anyone else encounter this issue? Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
get one of these hori ps4 controller
Code:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=hori+ps4+controllers&crid=JCJAGSFXWYJY&sprefix=hori+ps4%2Caps%2C89&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_8

then just follow this video

get one of these hori ps4 controller
Code:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=hori+ps4+controllers&crid=JCJAGSFXWYJY&sprefix=hori+ps4%2Caps%2C89&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_8

then just follow this video

Thanks for your advice! However, that is not a solution for this particular problem.

I've received a reply from Drivehub support, apparently this is caused by the 120 Hz setting. I've set it back to 60 Hz and so far have not experienced the issue again.

Sending a email to drivehub regarding a issue that’s cropped up again with random disconnects.

I have the Hori so it’s not the 8min timeout. It’s completely random, could be 5min…..could be 40min. Either way I get 4-6 disconnects per session.

I’ve noticed GT7 also gets a graphical glitch at the same time which is what happened in the past.

After seeing a post above where there was a issue with 120hz mode, I wonder if the VR is causing issues.

I’m:

DD2
Sprints
Hori
PSVR2

Sending a email to drivehub regarding a issue that’s cropped up again with random disconnects.

I have the Hori so it’s not the 8min timeout. It’s completely random, could be 5min…..could be 40min. Either way I get 4-6 disconnects per session.

I’ve noticed GT7 also gets a graphical glitch at the same time which is what happened in the past.

After seeing a post above where there was a issue with 120hz mode, I wonder if the VR is causing issues.

I’m:

DD2
Sprints
Hori
PSVR2
Not sure if your issue is related to the polling rate, but I just watched a video that said you want to put the wheel in "fanalogic" mode isntead of fanatec mode, because fanatec mode doubles the polling rate of the wheel, which causes a 10% game slowdown (which could certainly lead to other problems, like glitching).

Last edited:
I

I’m:

DD2
Sprints
Hori
PSVR2

I'm csl dd sprints hori and VR2 with no issues for disconnects. I have noticed since the 450 driver for the base was loaded, I get a super high frequency buzz after high ffb sessions of 25 minutes or more.

I

I’m:

DD2
Sprints
Hori
PSVR2

I'm csl dd sprints hori and VR2 with no issues for disconnects. I have noticed since the 450 driver for the base was loaded, I get a super high frequency buzz after high ffb sessions of 25 minutes or more.

Not sure if your issue is related to the polling rate, but I just watched a video that said you want to put the wheel in "fanalogic" mode isntead of fanatec mode, because fanatec mode doubles the polling rate of the wheel, which causes a 10% game slowdown (which could certainly lead to other problems, like glitching).
Fanalogic would be a huge downgrade in FFB though.

I

I haven’t noticed any buzz sounds. Hmm so only difference between us is DD2 vs CSL DD.

Noticed the Fanatec forum has people with supported wheels having disconnects. Haven’t seen a cause yet.

Are you on the most up to date firmware for the drivehub, Fanatec?

Last edited:

I’m:

DD2
Sprints
Hori
PSVR2
So in the end the 120Hz thing might not be the reason for whatever is going on. I've seen the issue pop up again after turning that off.
I'm in the same boat as you, most of the times it works. Either with or without VR.

So in the end the 120Hz thing might not be the reason for whatever is going on. I've seen the issue pop up again after turning that off.
I'm in the same boat as you, most of the times it works. Either with or without VR.
The silver lining to not being alone in this problem, hopefully a solution soon lol.

Last edited:
Fanalogic would be a huge downgrade in FFB though.

I haven’t noticed any buzz sounds. Hmm so only difference between us is DD2 vs CSL DD.

Noticed the Fanatec forum has people with supported wheels having disconnects. Haven’t seen a cause yet.

Are you on the most up to date firmware for the drivehub, Fanatec?
As far as I know yes.

Hey guys! I have a drive hub I don't use anymore, so if someone is looking for one I'm willing to sell it.

Minimal use in general & well look after.

Cheers

I was able to get my Simucube 2 Pro & GSI Formula Pro Elite wheel working (with LEDs, full screen info, etc), as well as my pedals working yesterday with GT7.

However, I am not sure why I have oscillation when not engaging the wheel. I suppose I could try adjusting the dampening. But if anyone knows, I'd love to hear.

I also tried placing the Drive Hub in Fanatec mode, but got no FFB at that point. Any ideas on things I could try would be appreciated.

I was able to get my Simucube 2 Pro & GSI Formula Pro Elite wheel working (with LEDs, full screen info, etc), as well as my pedals working yesterday with GT7.

However, I am not sure why I have oscillation when not engaging the wheel. I suppose I could try adjusting the dampening. But if anyone knows, I'd love to hear.

I also tried placing the Drive Hub in Fanatec mode, but got no FFB at that point. Any ideas on things I could try would be appreciated.

That is very interesting! Wasn't aware the simucube could be run with the drivehub. What pedals do you run?

Gt7 is prone to oscilation at higher speeds, varies by car, if you remove pressure from the wheel. Increasing damping will help, but that will decrease detail, so find a setting where the oscilation doesn’t bother you with a little left/right pressure on the wheel.

Gt7 is prone to oscilation at higher speeds, varies by car, if you remove pressure from the wheel. Increasing damping will help, but that will decrease detail, so find a setting where the oscilation doesn’t bother you with a little left/right pressure on the wheel.
I never experienced this with my Fanatec wheelbase (that has native PS5 support).

CSL Elite V2 (until my Simucube Active Pedals arrive).

You need a GIMX to make it all work.
Do you have a guide or like video on how to get a GIMX setup working? I've been having a hell of a time trying getting my T818 working on PS5 and Ras1/DriveHub haven't updated sadly...

Damn those active pedals look crazy. Hope they're worth the big bucks!
TBH, I’m pretty new to sim racing, so I’m trying to buy the best gear from the start as I know that it’ll save me from upgrading (as this is exactly what I’d do), and hopefully give me the best / most immersive experience.

But I’m sure most of this all won’t make me faster, but that’s okay with me. I enjoy it all. Plus, this entire rig setup is all cheaper than a few track days in my 488 (which I sold last summer).

As in the case above, I have a Grid 911 wheel arriving in a couple of weeks as well. It won’t make me faster, but should be fun to use.

Now, if I could figure out how to get GT7 to work with my D-Box system, that’d be a ton of fun.

Do you have a guide or like video on how to get a GIMX setup working? I've been having a hell of a time trying getting my T818 working on PS5 and Ras1/DriveHub haven't updated sadly...
Yep, I don't recall how I found this, but it's pure gold for getting this all going.

Here's probably the best guide online that I've found.

Also - you want to run the GIMX app as an administrator (right click and run as Administrator). No one tells you this, and it caused me to waste a ton of time. But once I did that, I was all set.

And, the first time you use the Hori controller, you push the PS button on it and the PS5 will ask which account you're using it under. You'll use your main controller to select your primary account.

Once you map all your buttons in the GIMX Config app, you should be all set. Once you set this all up the first time, you'll realize how easy it all is. But it's not intuitive when going into it the first time.

Yep, I don't recall how I found this, but it's pure gold for getting this all going.

Here's probably the best guide online that I've found.

Also - you want to run the GIMX app as an administrator (right click and run as Administrator). No one tells you this, and it caused me to waste a ton of time. But once I did that, I was all set.

And, the first time you use the Hori controller, you push the PS button on it and the PS5 will ask which account you're using it under. You'll use your main controller to select your primary account.

Once you map all your buttons in the GIMX Config app, you should be all set. Once you set this all up the first time, you'll realize how easy it all is. But it's not intuitive when going into it the first time.
Rad, thanks for your help!

Same, i have try yesterday with beta but still don't work ...
Hi , i preorder the T818 a month before the out avec the Thrustmaster t818 , and for the moment , there is not tips , with Drivehub of collective minds or cronusmax pro , a tips for runing the T818 on Gran turismo 7 .. that begin to be long 🥲

Oui, je ne me souviens pas comment j'ai trouvé cela, mais c'est de l'or pur pour faire avancer tout cela.

Voici probablement le meilleur guide en ligne que j'ai trouvé.

De plus, vous souhaitez exécuter l'application GIMX en tant qu'administrateur (clic droit et exécuter en tant qu'administrateur). Personne ne vous le dit, et cela m'a fait perdre une tonne de temps. Mais une fois que j'ai fait ça, j'étais prêt.

Et, la première fois que vous utilisez le contrôleur Hori, vous appuyez sur le bouton PS dessus et la PS5 vous demandera sous quel compte vous l'utilisez. Vous utiliserez votre contrôleur principal pour sélectionner votre compte principal.

Une fois que vous avez mappé tous vos boutons dans l'application GIMX Config, vous devriez être prêt. Une fois que vous avez configuré tout cela la première fois, vous réaliserez à quel point tout est facile. Mais ce n'est pas intuitif quand on y va la première fois.
Hi Pilots , ive a question about Drivehub + Gimx . I would like to know if it's possible today to run the t818 base with Gimx and the drivehub of collective minds on Ps5 for Gran turismo 7 ? Thanks you

Only issue is GT7 won’t see the Simucube as a DD wheel. It sees it as a logitech gear system with lower forces. Completely different/worse FFB.

Latest Posts

Back