Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,474 comments
Wait, GT7's FFB can get even worse than it already is?

Yes. If a DD wheel is connected but not being detected as DD it uses the FFB for the logitech wheels.

A non DD wheel can’t use the DD FFB though as it requires more dynamic range.

Aucune idée x) je suis sur Gt7 avec Tgt II en natif sans Drivehub , le temps d'avoir une compatibilité avec le t818 qui garde sa place en furniture xD

Sa risque d'être long avant que drivehub devienne compatible avec le t818. Il faudrait qu'ils s'en procure un pour commencer. Et ensuite développer la programmation.

Yes. If a DD wheel is connected but not being detected as DD it uses the FFB for the logitech wheels.

A non DD wheel can’t use the DD FFB though as it requires more dynamic range.

Actually even when my csl dd is detected as a logitech wheel, it's different but not intolerable. I best most would still be happy. Although not sure about Simucube though

Feel like I've seen questions here recently about this, but no definitive answers...

I just tested my DD1 with DriveHub for the first time today in GT7. The DD1 is in PC mode.
  • With Drivehub in Fanalogic mode, it detects the wheel as a G29
  • With Drivehub in Fanatec mode, it detects the wheel as the Podium F1
Everything on latest, non-beta firmware and drivers.

Last edited:
I've lost my mapping it seems each time I've used GT7, which is only once a month really. lol
I have no way of knowing what wheel it's connected as and it's changes through like 3 different wheel button mappings.
Using DD2 with Porsche Endurance wheel. Sometimes it's the wheel I changed and saved the buttons for, sometimes it's the original wheel I changed the buttons from and sometimes it's a completely different wheel set of buttons.
I figured that's just the drivehub for you. Drivehubs are like a box of chocolates.

I've lost my mapping it seems each time I've used GT7, which is only once a month really. lol
I have no way of knowing what wheel it's connected as and it's changes through like 3 different wheel button mappings.
Using DD2 with Porsche Endurance wheel. Sometimes it's the wheel I changed and saved the buttons for, sometimes it's the original wheel I changed the buttons from and sometimes it's a completely different wheel set of buttons.
I figured that's just the drivehub for you. Drivehubs are like a box of chocolates.
When I feel the ffb change from one session to another, I simply disconnect the usb from the drivehub and it usually does the trick.

Hello,

i still have an almost new Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo Wheel S (with the Porsche-Sony USB Dongle) with the ClubSport Pedals V1. Now i got an PS5 with GT7.
I am very interested now to buy the Drive Hub Adapter...
My question is:
Do i really need that Hori Gamepad also? Afaik, official Sony licensed Fanatec Wheels have that Sony License Chip inside, so do mine has that also, or is it too old?
I just cant test it myself, cause i am on holidays, but could my Fanatec maybe work without the Drive Hub, i a Logitech mode, somewhat? Are then there any differences between natively connected, or with the Drive Hub, in case of the buttons, setups in the LCD-Display of my wheel, etc?
And how do i start? Make my Wheel Setup first with the PC, and then use all the ffb seetings from PC on the PS5? Or can those settings also made on the PS5, without connecting it 1st to PC?
Many thanks in advance

keep racing^^
IB

As I recall (had the GT3 RS wheel way back) PS3 did not require security chip, but the buttons were compatable. When I went to the PS4 I needed to use the ChronusMax (before the drivehub was released) for PS4 support for the security chip req sony added. But I then moved on to the CSW V2 and then got the DH.

So for PS5 you will need the DH and Hori mini IF the DH supports that wheel (PS4 can use the sony controller) - I think it did but not sure so you would need to confirm that. If it does then it will emulate a CSL elite to games

EDIT: rest of your questions: yes it can also emulate a G29. Fanatec HW specific settings are made on the wheel or preset by the PC driver first as ususal. Button mapping and FFB game settings are in game. Generally turn up FFB strength highest on wheel, then adjust in game to suit to avoid clipping on the software side. There is a specific button press trick for the Turbo and similar wheels for the hinged buttons at the 6 oclock position the wheel to change DH modes as I recall because both can’t be pressed simulationously

Also you can select various DH firmware versions using their tool - earlier ones may work better for the older wheels if the latest gives issues

Last edited:
As I recall (had the GT3 RS wheel way back) PS3 did not require security chip, but the buttons were compatable. When I went to the PS4 I needed to use the ChronusMax (before the drivehub was released) for PS4 support for the security chip req sony added. But I then moved on to the CSW V2 and then got the DH.

So for PS5 you will need the DH and Hori mini IF the DH supports that wheel (PS4 can use the sony controller) - I think it did but not sure so you would need to confirm that. If it does then it will emulate a CSL elite to games

EDIT: rest of your questions: yes it can also emulate a G29. Fanatec HW specific settings are made on the wheel or preset by the PC driver first as ususal. Button mapping and FFB game settings are in game. Generally turn up FFB strength highest on wheel, then adjust in game to suit to avoid clipping on the software side. There is a specific button press trick for the Turbo and similar wheels for the hinged buttons at the 6 oclock position the wheel to change DH modes as I recall because both can’t be pressed simulationously

Also you can select various DH firmware versions using their tool - earlier ones may work better for the older wheels if the latest gives issues
thanks for your advice! i just ordered the DH and the Hori. I will post my experiences then here, after i got them ^^

Can someone confirm, that this method is still working with the Drive Hub and Hori Mini Pad on the PS5, after the GT7 v1.35 Update Patch?

Last edited:
Is there any way to put a drive hub into sleep mode or power it off other than unplugging it from the USB port?

I thought it might eventually power down or go to sleep after not picking up a signal after 30 mins or something but it just seems to stay on as long as it’s plugged into a USB port.

Thank you to anyone that might have an answer.

@Clos2345 nope - runs off usb power. So if port is powered…Or set your PS5 to power down ports in rest mode I guess. The Cronus folks used to sell a short usb cable w a switch to power it off/on, handy for that and resets. Don’t know if they still do

Last edited:
@Clos2345 nope - runs off usb power. So if port is powered…Or set your PS5 to power down ports in rest mode I guess. The Cronus folks used to sell a short usb cable w a switch to power it off/on, handy for that and resets. Don’t know if they still do

Thanks for the response. I wish they would add a sleep function because I’m thinking about building a cab so won’t have easy access to plug and unplug. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion of the short USB cable with the power switch. I’ve bought one in the past for something else and will just pick up another.

Yep, I don't recall how I found this, but it's pure gold for getting this all going.

Here's probably the best guide online that I've found.

Also - you want to run the GIMX app as an administrator (right click and run as Administrator). No one tells you this, and it caused me to waste a ton of time. But once I did that, I was all set.

And, the first time you use the Hori controller, you push the PS button on it and the PS5 will ask which account you're using it under. You'll use your main controller to select your primary account.

Once you map all your buttons in the GIMX Config app, you should be all set. Once you set this all up the first time, you'll realize how easy it all is. But it's not intuitive when going into it the first time.
I was finally able to jerry rig this setup and can say it is working! I can now use my T818 on PS5, now I just need to reign in the oscillations lol.

Does anyone use the T248 (Xbox version) on PS5 with DriveHub? Do I need to buy a separate PS4 controller for it to work with PS5, or do I just connect my PS5 controller to it?

Does anyone have FFB working on x360 backwards compatible titles running on xbox one/series?
Hi, I've try running forza horizon on xbox serie x with drivehub + T300RS, the wheel is detected, but I've got no ffb, I've don't try other racong games in back compatibilities

I've ask to collective mind if a update for this excellent game was something they could do, the aswer is yes they could do it but there isn't enought request for this game

Just a heads up, you don't want to use a DriveHub with a PS5 since it's not officially supported. Instead, go with the Raslution 2.

Is there still a real world delay with fanatec mode in gt7 with the drivehub? I read about that issue last year where ur in game time was off. I’m looking to buy a new base and if I don’t have to pay extra money for the ps version, I’d like to do that.

Is there still a real world delay with fanatec mode in gt7 with the drivehub? I read about that issue last year where ur in game time was off. I’m looking to buy a new base and if I don’t have to pay extra money for the ps version, I’d like to do that.

There is no perceptible delay while using the drivehub

Hi, I've try running forza horizon on xbox serie x with drivehub + T300RS, the wheel is detected, but I've got no ffb, I've don't try other racong games in back compatibilities

I've ask to collective mind if a update for this excellent game was something they could do, the aswer is yes they could do it but there isn't enought request for this game
This is happening with most (all?) backwards compatible titles for me. Game detects it as a racing wheel but I cant get any FFB to work.
This used to work before perfectly fine. Like a year or so ago.
Tested with Forza Horizon, Daytona, Dirt 2, Hydro Thunder.
How to contact collective minds about this issue?

You can contact them on their website or write then directly: support@collectiveminds.ca

Here is their answer about FFB on horizon :

I doubt it. It falls into the 360 era, and the Drive Hub team focuses on the xbox one and onwards, won't have implemented the necessary protocols to interact with the game's force feedback protocols. I'll definitely forward the suggestion but it's unlikely.

Thanks.

Their answer does not make any sense as it was working before.
I've played the entire FH1 on a Xbox One X console with drivehub and a g27 and full FFB working as it should.

Back